• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SF4 Gamestop Final tournament on now ! US champ vs Poongko vs daigo vs Iyo

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, April 19, 2009, 02:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearlessNewbie

Quote from: fluxcore on April 19, 2009, 09:37:57 PM
Quote from: FearlessNewbie on April 19, 2009, 09:32:32 PM
Daigo was baiting iyo, failed the 1st try and nearly got KOed and still keep trying, nailed it at the end, it's all about the experience 8)

Yep, looked like master baiting to me.

Also, holy hell that j.FP, FP, EX hurricane, EX hurricane did a lot of damage (although I realise it IS sim)

Yea, Dhalsim's HP is 900, full damage of 2xFP=200, 2xEX hurricane=400 even those been combo scaled down and low HP scaled down, that's still lots damage

and Daigo's lower mk + EX fire ball + FADC + UC also draw dropping...
A Newbie but Fearless!

FearlessNewbie

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on April 19, 2009, 10:25:33 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on April 19, 2009, 09:37:57 PM
Quote from: FearlessNewbie on April 19, 2009, 09:32:32 PM
Daigo was baiting iyo, failed the 1st try and nearly got KOed and still keep trying, nailed it at the end, it's all about the experience 8)

Yep, looked like master baiting to me.

masterbateing hehehehehe

OMG... no one will love u anymore ninja  ;D
A Newbie but Fearless!

Gino

zos'la

haha, very high standards of play. I am very impressed with Daigo's Ryu, very interesting to watch and learn.

Just can't stop noticing that the guys in the world finals... are Asians LAWL
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Hardly surprising tbh

Also, I actually really liked that Poongko vs Daigo match, very intense
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yip even tho poongko lost all his matches they were tight and his ones with daigo were awesome .
Pretty much confirms hes the real deal ,  he just not daigo tho  ;)
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Chuckk

"Poongko definitely has what it takes to beat Justin Wong, he was just too cocky after raped Justin with those signature SA combos, countless unnecessary DPs and mistakes through out the match. Consider few in Korea can match Poongko's level, his performance was not out of the expectation."

Justin text Marn after the Poongko set saying Poongko was FREE, and he would have won 4-1 or 4-0 if he hadn't been saving ex messiah kicks or something.

RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

CptMunta

Iyo vs Daigo was my favorite so far.

It's crazy, doesn't matter how much more health anyone had vs Daigo he still seemed scrape through regardless.

It also doesn't seem to phase him whatever happens in the match he seems to be able to keep his cool and not mess up his game.

Vs Justin Daigo just seemed to know how to answer all of justin's attacks. It'll be interesting to hear what justin has to say about the match since he was doing so well to that point. Grats to him anyways for taking out the US and holding his own anyways.

The EVENT looked HUGE!
The atmosphere must have been helluva tense. Really wanna instant kiwi myself to Evo now  ;)

Love how everyone in the crowd raised their hands for the last hit of rufus' ultra  ;D Goodtimes!

Cheers for the links ninja!

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

Justin will be on alphaism radio in a few ticks as well, maybe he'll expound on things a little...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

Quote from: fluxcore on April 20, 2009, 10:56:11 AM
Justin will be on alphaism radio in a few ticks as well, maybe he'll expound on things a little...

Awww man,

Now I'll finally have to join. Oh well. At least I'm pretty sure he'll have to mention how he handles loosing.  ;D

Edit: listening now without the join  ;D

fluxcore

Just asked that question in the irc room so I imagine he'll get asked

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Will

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/apr/19/daigo-vs-iyo-match-video-sfiv-finals/

Those videos in HQ are way better, just watching through them now. I wanted Mr Ross to win tho haha GJ to Justin tho, evo will be interesting.
Learning....

CptMunta

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on April 20, 2009, 11:11:36 AM
bah the radio not working for me

I'm listening to it on VLC media player. Pretty much plays anything.

Cheers for asking for me Flux  :)

So if he wasn't Rufus he thinks he would've won. It explains why it looked like he gave up in his Daigo match. Rog vs Ryu at evo Hmmmmmmm.... Makes me wonder how Valle and Gootecks would have done against him.