• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SF4 Gamestop Final tournament on now ! US champ vs Poongko vs daigo vs Iyo

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, April 19, 2009, 02:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

EDIT : DAIGO (Ryu)wins 4-0 over Justin Wong ( rufus).
Daigo is new world SF4 champion .

http://forum.alphaism.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3

Listen in cause it all happening in 2 mins !!!
First will be the finals to decide the US champ ( probably b JWong) and then he will play off against the korean champ Poongko and Daigo and Iyo to decide the SF world champ ( untill evo that is)

http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2009/04/02/come_one_come_all__the_street_fighter_iv_national_tournament_finals
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Results !!!
EDIT : VIDS !!!!!!!! www.qik.com/dabomb665m

Daigo is world SF4 champ defeatin Justin Wong 4-0 in finals

Pre-event and 1st round happenings

* Jason Wilson (Dream Theater) couldn't make it to the event because of plane trouble.
    * It's been rumored that Justin Wong beat Poongko 5-1 in a casual match the night before.
    * Eric Kim and Ari "Floe" Weintraub lost in the 1st round. Both players use Sagat.
    * Jason Cole (Boxer) and Chris "CSB" (Boxer) Justin Wong (Rufus) and Mike Ross (E. Honda) advanced to the second round.

Round 2

* Chris 'CSB' (Boxer) and Rahsaan 'EvilRahsaan' (Dhalsim) lost in the second round.
    * Jason Cole, Justin Wong, Antawn Ortiz and Mike Ross all advanced to Round 3.

Round 3

* Justin Wong (Rufus) defeated Jason Cole (Boxer) 4 rounds to 1.
    * Mike Ross (E. Honda) defeated Antawn Ortiz (Boxer) 4 rounds to 1.

Finals Match

* Justin Wong (Rufus) vs. Mike Ross (E. Honda). Justin Wong won 4-1 in the best of 7 set.

World Finals

The Street Fighter IV World Finals will feature the following players:

From Japan: Daigo Umehara (Ryu) and Iyo (Dhalsim).
From Korea: Poongko (Ryu).
From America: Justin Wong (Rufus).

* Iyo (Dhalsim) defeats Poongko (Ryu) in the first match, 4-2 in the best of 7.
    * Daigo (Ryu) defeats Poongko (Ryu) in the second match, 4-1 in the best of 7.
    * Justin Wong (Rufus) defeated Poongko (Ryu) in the third match, 4-3 in the best of 7. (Crowd chanted "USA! USA! USA!" after the match).

* Daigo (Ryu) defeats Iyo (Dhalsim) in the fourth match 4-3. This set was extremely close.
    * Justin Wong (Rufus) defeats Iyo (Dhalsim) in the fifth match, 4-2.

* Daigo (Ryu) defeats Justin Wong (Rufus) in the sixth and final match 4-0.

Wow , daigo still the man it seems  8)

Will

A repeat of 98, except Wong nt valle. Cant wait to see the video for this, hopefully its up sometime 2moro.
Learning....

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I like that Jwong and Iyo both use characters that aren't ryu. I also like Mike Ross' Honda being in there.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

FearlessNewbie

some vids already on youtube now

4/18/09 Gamestop International Tournament Final Justin Wong vs Daigo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xev531_uB_M

A Newbie but Fearless!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

man the daigo vs iyo matches are epic especially the uppercut super to win the 3rd game . Madness...........

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

FearlessNewbie

Poongko definitely has what it takes to beat Justin Wong, he was just too cocky after raped Justin with those signature SA combos, countless unnecessary DPs and mistakes through out the match. Consider few in Korea can match Poongko's level, his performance was not out of the expectation.

Daigo on the other hand was just pure 'efficient', just think of who he fights in Japan in a daily basis  :o
A Newbie but Fearless!

FearlessNewbie

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on April 19, 2009, 08:25:23 PM
man the daigo vs iyo matches are epic especially the uppercut super to win the 3rd game . Madness...........

Daigo was baiting iyo, failed the 1st try and nearly got KOed and still keep trying, nailed it at the end, it's all about the experience 8)
A Newbie but Fearless!

fluxcore

Quote from: FearlessNewbie on April 19, 2009, 09:32:32 PM
Daigo was baiting iyo, failed the 1st try and nearly got KOed and still keep trying, nailed it at the end, it's all about the experience 8)

Yep, looked like master baiting to me.

Also, holy hell that j.FP, FP, EX hurricane, EX hurricane did a lot of damage (although I realise it IS sim)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: fluxcore on April 19, 2009, 09:37:57 PM
Quote from: FearlessNewbie on April 19, 2009, 09:32:32 PM

Yep, looked like master baiting to me.

masterbateing hehehehehe