• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K123_iy

hey thanks a lot for the feedback guys, appreciate you swinging round the psn section cause i think you guys are on xbox?

yeah, basically the way i've been using my team atm (wesker/hulk/ironman) is kinda like justin's shehulk/ammy/tron. i mainly use wesker and hulk, ironman is mainly used as an assist for getting wesker and hulk in. had some good games with weazzy and if i managed to take out dante and akuma, then i had to deal with lvl 3 xf sent and one mistake lead to each character dying off until i got down to ironman who i haven't really practiced much with. just seemed like weazzys (dante/akuma/sent) had a good assist and good anchor, where i was just working with a good assist - not saying ironman is bad just that i haven't spent much time with him :P

the reason i use either ironman or chris as my main assist is that the machine gun and unibeam have like the same properties for my wesker combos. typically i'd do a air combo with wesker and dash up for a otg, and i think only unibeam and that machine gun holds the opponent in position long enough for me to either relaunch or just go for lvl 3, i've tried other projectile assists but they usually push the opponent away which means that i'd have to cancel weskers otg into a forward dash to get in the correct location, sometimes it works but thats kinda difficult for me to pull off consistently :P.

oh, and out of the entire cast i probably should listen to mike ross and replace ironman with sent lol.... hm.... actually gonna hit the lab now and see if his drones produce the same effects as unibeam

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ahhh I see what youre doing now. What I had in my head was that you were calling IM and teleporting to the other side, creating a mixup thats really hard to block, since if you change up when you teleport, they have to block in a different direction.

Im sure the combo youre talking about could be done with other assists, but you need to modify when you are calling them in order for it to work.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

K123_iy

yep, i try to do that as well, and its really handy if i do get the teleport and get on the other side cause the beam will hold them up long enough for me to walk forward and launch, thanks for the advice, i started hitting the lab and found some other viable options then bumped into weazzy again  :o

ggs weazzy, i'm still having trouble blocking the drones assist and akuma teleport on otherside to CL - combo etc... and i think sometimes dante's jH crosses up ???

Lennysaurus

If that's what you are using it for, then you could probably start Wesker then have Ironman second, and third Hulk.  You don't really have to have Ironman in third spot if thats what you're doing with him I guess.

When you think about it, the idea of having an assist in third spot is to mitigate the damage they take, and to give them plenty of time to recover damage they are taking, as they wont be on point (ideally) till after the other 2 characters are dead.  If you are using Ironman's assist to help Weskers OTG combo's out, he is pretty safe as you are only really calling him when the opponent is in mid-combo anyway, so there is no real danger of him dying.  Since Hulk has the Gamma Wave assist, you can still use that to help Wesker close the distance.

Also having Ironman in second spot is super nice, as it gives you access to nearly instant proton cannon DHC's from Wesker.  For example you are jumping around and you notice your opponeent calls out an assist on the ground, quickly activate Maximum Wesker, and then before he starts hitting, DHC into Ironman Proton Cannon, and deal a good 60-70% damage to an opponents assist.  I like Ironman in second spot as well, as he tends to work well and have few bad matchups where he has  few or no options.

Sent drones won't help your Wesker with his OTG combos BTW.  I think your team is okay.  Just get in the lab I reckon.  Ironman isn't too difficult to play.  Runaway and zone with smart bombs and beams, then pick your spot and apply pressure with tri-jumps and mixups.  Is there anything in particular you are having trouble with using Ironman?

The whole "Just pick Sent" thing is a bit redundant after the health nerf imo.  You actually have to put him in a team that works with him now, as opposed to just picking him cause he is rad.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

K123_iy

yip just tried the drones and they were a bit slow to combo after the otg :P

thanks for the advice lenny, i'll try to put ironman in 2nd, but first i guess i should learn how to use him. i haven't seen much people use him so not to sure what to do - not enough imagination lol... i think i need to work on zoning with him more effectively and be more patient? cause i just try rush down with tri jump dH, cM, sH, S, etc.. and my jdH gets beaten out quite often. is his flight combos practical to learn? i think redtie posted up something interesting, but when i try to do it i always seem to do the air tag by mistake when i'm trying to input flight  :-\

Lennysaurus

The great thing about him is how versatile he is on point.  You can basically play him in two or three different ways, and you change it up to keep your opponent guessing, and to adapt to the point character your opponent has in play.

His zoning doesn't really do alot of damage, but when you combine it with his mobility, he basically moves into positions where it is hard for the opponent to outright zone him, and harass them with unibeams and smart bombs.  You can sort of force the opponent to come to you.  This works really well when you have a life lead, or when your opponent is at similar life, but will have trouble getting all over Ironman.  This works pretty well against Dormammu I find, and other 'zoners' in alot of cases.

In terms of approaching using an assist like Hulks Gamma wave could work well.  Jump up and drop a smart bomb, then hit the ground and call hulk, then cover him with a light unibeam, and after the assist hits you can either:
-Close some space by moving forward
-Pin them down by jumping up and smart bombing on to them again
-tack on another unibeam for some chip and to build meter

He can close space well by flying.  A great thing with him is that if you activate flight mode from a normal or double jump (not super jump) you can still call assists while in flight.  So you can jump up and call your assist, and follow it into your opponent.  Also activating flight mode and dropping bombs is great, if they try to jump approach you, unibeam them, and drop your Hulk when you hit the ground and unibeam them again.  Great to start pushing them toward the corner.

When you are in use his j.M for your tri-jumps.  It comes out waaaaay faster than j.H and can cross-up as well.  Also, mix his tri-jump j.M with j.S as well.  The tri-jump j.S will whif and it looks like you are going for an overhead, but he quickly ends up hitting low.  Good mixup.  Basically turns your tri-jumps to near 50/50 guesses.

Use this for your BnB for now:

c.L, c.M, H, launch, j.M, j.M, j.neutral+H, j.down+H, double jump cancel, j.M, j.down+H, Special, land and dash, smart bombs xx super

Build almost one full meter during the combo proton cannon does like 620k and lvl3 does 800k ish. Also the first part (c.L, c.M, H) you can hit confirm.  So if it doesnt hit you can cancel into unibeam for chip and to make it safe, or you can cancel to flight now and then to add some extra pressure.

He is pretty simple to play, just make sure you practice those hit confirms.  Aim to play him really annoyingly, weaving in and out of your opponents obstacle course, and taggin them with annoying unibeams and smart bombs, then when they commit to something open themselves up, get in there and work your mixup.  Drop an assist to keep them blocking if you can and go for gold.  Since you have Wesker on your team, practice unblockable setups so that wesker hits at the same time as your tri-jumps.

Also his repulsor blast (qcb+A) can be made pretty safe by cancelling it into the follow up (another qcb and then H).  Use this tons for opponents that try and bully there way over the top of you.  Characters that run a horizontal line across the screen (ie Ammy, Spencer, Tron) will run into this alot, and if you catch them, cancel into either super for nice damage.  If they block, do the qcb+H follow up and you're safe.  Also works well against big fattys that are trying to superjump thier way in (Haggar and Hulk come to mind)

His weaknesses are that you can't really punish bad assist calls from your opponent really well, outside of getting lucky and catching your opponents assist in a combo.  If I have my opponent in a block string, and I catch an assist while they are blocking, I immediately cancel into unibeam and then a fast cancel into proton cannon for big damage.  In your team you could DHC to Wesker, or Hulk to make it safe, and pretty much peace out the assist.

His ground mobility is pretty slow, as his dash cannot be cancelled into normals as fast as most characters.  This also makes his wave dash a little slow as well.  You need to be really carfeul trying to approach on the ground with him.

He also doesn't have "risk free" DHC's to get him on and off the screen easily as well, given that proton cannon has lodas of startup and is quite punishable on block.  So outside of DHCing with combo's getting him on and off is risky if you are going to go with random DHC's tags etc.  The one thing you have going for your team in this respect though is that  if you have 2 meters you can "react" to an opponent doing something with Wesker or Hulk on point and DHC through to Ironman to punish, as this will make Ironman's proton cannon near instant.  Lets Ironman enter the battle with a healty lifelead in most cases, and then you can harrass them how you please.

Um yeah, ask any questions you want dude.  More than happy to help a fellow Iron Avenger out.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Jesus Lenny, that looks like one of my posts...
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on March 28, 2011, 11:20:12 PM
Jesus Lenny, that looks like one of my posts...

Except that it's worth reading!!!
OH BUUURRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I guess it is if you want a scrubs point of view.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Fuck these guys are writing huge as fuck articles haha.

GG's K123!! Yo nigga you using the pad ay g hahaha. Don't ask how i know g, it's my secret.

And yer i was fucking hawsd as shit last night g. I was doing alright and figured out how to teleport both sides with Dante now. Fucking felt so beast haha. But next time i will do my bold cancel combo's. Was too hawsd didn't wana drop it lol.

I realised it's not Sent that's so beast it's fucking xf l3. So stupidly overpowered imo. No matter what char i had last they was ocving with xf3's stupid buffs lol. I picked Phoenix by accident. And still won with l3 xf Dante. He felt fucking fast as shit. And his combo's killing niggaz with ease. I wouldn't mind having him as anchor tbh.

And yer all his normal crossup bro. That's why i go for the wave dash sj air dash H with an assist or something covering me. Dante has really beast setups withoutt assists when HE has the momentum. With assists it's so hard to block i don't even know what side i'm on most the time.

Then had a phat blaze and played Smoof haha. GG's smoof g.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

K123_iy

woah, nice write up lenny! very good read and thanks very much for the detailed advice, gonna have to print this out and stick it on my wall when im in the lab :)

and lol i'm using a stick weazzy, where'd the pad come from  ??? was it cos i was mashing in a one direction with s to get out of those air exchanges ? i think you started to catch on and left gaps in your combos to punish me later on....

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer g your the only person to get out of EVERY SINGLE FUCKIGN AIR EXCHANGE!!!!!!

I don't believe you use stick and get out of them every time. I change it to horizontal/up//down. But everytime you get out!. My mate use pad and he get out. But every person that use stick only get out sometimes. Not everytime. Shit nigga everybody see me mash like a mother fucker at ranbats and even i don't get out that often.

I stopped doing it cos was scared like bitch to do it.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

K123_iy

lol, i don't think i got outta all of em, i was just really lucky i guessed correctly :) whenever i get hit into an air combo i mash down and s by default cos i think thats what most people would go for, then while i'm doing it i have a quick think, if i'm low on health i go for up+S mash instead, then every now and again i throw in a forward/back + S.

Pinolicious

geneterror: gg's max!

I said some holes, but I only thought of one... pretty much I was waiting for storm to say 'i need assistance' and i was like, shinkuuuuu HAAADDOOOKKEEENNN!!  so I was like, LATER SENT!

But then you caught on, so you would protect with that typhoon thing, which for some stupid reason goes through shinku hadoken??? how dare it tries!

So then I caught on, so I tried to catch your air typhoon with shinku hadoken are air tats, or air anything really.

I'm not really sure what you could do besides mind games, maybe one of the other guys can comment?  I'm not familiar with storm.

I fear the cornered storm with 5 meter and lvl 3 xfc, chip death maximus!

Umm... that's all I was focusing on during those games, will think about it more.

Point out some holes in my game and what I can do to close them up!  We shall dominate!

Also, now that I've found a handful of online players that don't lag so much, it doesn't feel as bad, or maybe they patched this?  shrug.  Might have to jump back on that sent bandwagon now that he's cool again.

Your comment on snapback morrigan, I think snapbacks in general are just awesome, i think I only successfully managed to snap in low health sent once during all those matches.  You gotta get in quick, i remember a few matches when I focused so much on trying to snap low health sent i ended up getting my ass kicked, and sent was back up to full health by the time the opportunity arrived :P
<PSN> Kriselda

CptMunta

Ggs weazzy, smoof, snake and geneterror.

Weazzy we have good matches from time to time but connection sucks balls sadly :( ur sent proves that he is still a threat. I try and snap him in and get him out the way before x factor level 3.

Smoof ggs man can't remember how matches went since it's been a while but I remember it being close unless doom assist gets caught lol

Snake too godlike. Always fun playing you, really dig your team variety. Your knowledge of the game has me slowing my game down more and not being so super spammy. Or is that Ammy ;)

Graham best connection on my friends list by far. Damn that hulk lol. Your other team I can go toe to toe but wolvy Hulk is pretty damn strong.

I really dig this game and am enjoying learning how to learn it. Ammy is definitely my fav, my Ryu and Doom are doing better on point now. Airdash cancels are awesome fun. I also like ryu's air tatsu mixups with assists. Trying out a new team of hisen ko Shuma and Ammy. My shuma and hisen ko haven't evolved beyond annoying gimmicky mixups just yet :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta