• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

GGs!

Erugoodwin: good set of games this morning/afternoon my bro, your abel is coming along nicely. you missed a few combos into ultra prolly because of the lag (I could feel it on some of those combos for sure), but you're feirce when you get the rush going! It was very close in a couple of those Viper games, I had to zen out and dig a little deeper to pull through in the end there. You said something about wanting to pick my brains on Viper stuff, I'm more than happy to help brother! Hopefully we'll challenge again soon. :)

electric

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 02, 2009, 01:12:45 PM
GGs!

Erugoodwin: snip

Cheers mate, I had a really hard time closing in on your Viper without eating a counter hit every time then having to go through the awful mixup/burning kick/TK cancel shenanigans... Lag wasn't too bad, I think it was more the nerves after FINALLY getting in and seeing the cr.FP actually land as to why I kept screwing up my Ultra lol... In hindsight, I think I should probably have pressured more on wakeup, even though when I did, I ended up eating wakeup EX TK cancel -> throw all day long ahahha
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

Another Abel player! Keen for some games some time.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] weazzyefff

yo ggs erugoodwin, is that your real name ? lol, you got apretty sweet able bro. Did you like those perfects lol, what about that m.bison combo, clp slp slk m sczr kicks cancel and repeat till perfect lol , i stole that one off imagneto.
you just need to suss m.bison and ryu out, i dont have any tips because i dont use abel, but i probably would be still trying to zone him if lenny didnt give me advice on the matchup. ggs bro.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

electric

Quote from: weazzyefff on June 02, 2009, 06:12:55 PM
yo ggs erugoodwin, is that your real name ? lol

LOL yeah that's my real name -- most of the standard names I use online were taken, and i'm really uninventive, so that's how that happened lol.

I really have no idea how to play the dic(k)tator OR the ryu matchup. Abel lacks a "get the hell off me" move, so I tend to end up in a whole lot of stupid mixup situations. Abel is mostly a rush-down character, but I tend to get punished a whole lot trying to get in, which I definitely need to sort out... Ryu is a bitch in this case because he zones like a mofo lol. I think you'll find that the rounds I did manage to scrape in and win, was when I was just blind rushing and rocking the f+mk mixups

Oh, and did you like my ultra attempt when I had no ultra meter ? Had me cracking up and my own retardedness for a solid minute

Lennysaurus

Quote from: electric on June 02, 2009, 06:51:39 PM
Quote from: weazzyefff on June 02, 2009, 06:12:55 PM
yo ggs erugoodwin, is that your real name ? lol

LOL yeah that's my real name -- most of the standard names I use online were taken, and i'm really uninventive, so that's how that happened lol.

I really have no idea how to play the dic(k)tator OR the ryu matchup. Abel lacks a "get the hell off me" move, so I tend to end up in a whole lot of stupid mixup situations. Abel is mostly a rush-down character, but I tend to get punished a whole lot trying to get in, which I definitely need to sort out... Ryu is a bitch in this case because he zones like a mofo lol. I think you'll find that the rounds I did manage to scrape in and win, was when I was just blind rushing and rocking the f+mk mixups

Oh, and did you like my ultra attempt when I had no ultra meter ? Had me cracking up and my own retardedness for a solid minute

Learn to use EX roll to get yourself out of sticky situations.  If you have ryu on your ballbags all day, crossing you up into combos, then EX roll the fuck outta there and work your way back in.

ANother thing that I noticed alot of people around here need to learn to use is abels square jumps.  He is practically unzonable on his square jump short.  Square jump heavykick can also lead to over 600 damage when you learn his F+forward links and his FADC timing.  Also square jump feirce and strong also do hefty damage to anyone too jump happy for there own good.

Abel tends to be pretty execution heavy, with some tricky links and stuff to learn.

Also a good trick against bison is that you can punish a whiffed devils reverse from across the other side of the screen by hitting dash then ultra just before he lands.  Do this a couople of times and youll teach bison stay on the goddamn ground.

Also most bison players spend alot of time holding down+back to keep charge.  Abuse this with multiple wheel kicks (qcb+kick) to punish him for it.

Also, jumpin forward, crouch short, crouch jab, jab command throw is deadly against bison, as his jab is too short to interupt between the short and the throw.  Mix it up with st short, f+mk, dash into another mixup.

Bison and Ryu both share a pretty floaty jump, good combo to learn against them is:
(Anti air)Crouch Feirce, Strong Rekka, EX DP or Ultra
The above is an awesome anti air combo that works really well on bison and ryu (aye gino lol).  Just remember that the crouching feirce has to hit with the very tip of his elbow so that you only get one hit from it.

See you guys on later this week.  Getting wfpwned by work atm.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

quote/ from erugoodwin, -- Oh, and did you like my ultra attempt when I had no ultra meter ? Had me cracking up and my own retardedness for a solid minute
[/quote]
dont worry , geneterror misses them when he does have ultra meter lol, hey actually you did too a few times, Come on Abel players get your shit together LOL.except for lenny that prick never misses.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Lennysaurus

If you guys are talking about getting the ultra from the Crouch feirce, dont forget that different characters have different timing.  So you hacve to go into the training mode and learnt he timing for the different charcters.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on June 02, 2009, 07:03:08 PM
Another thing that I noticed alot of people around here need to learn to use is abels square jumps.  He is practically unzonable on his square jump short.  Square jump heavykick can also lead to over 600 damage when you learn his F+forward links and his FADC timing.  Also square jump feirce and strong also do hefty damage to anyone too jump happy for there own good.

By square jump do you mean neutral jump ? I'm unfamiliar with that term.

Abel tends to be pretty execution heavy, with some tricky links and stuff to learn.

My execution is pretty good -- quite consistent with f+mk xx dash -> st.fp xx cod shenanigans aswell as cod fadc xx cr.fp

Also a good trick against bison is that you can punish a whiffed devils reverse from across the other side of the screen by hitting dash then ultra just before he lands.  Do this a couople of times and youll teach bison stay on the goddamn ground.

Also most bison players spend alot of time holding down+back to keep charge.  Abuse this with multiple wheel kicks (qcb+kick) to punish him for it.

I did know this, but thanks for re-iterating -- I guess I'm just unfamiliar with the matchup so I don't really know when to look out for what etc.

Bison and Ryu both share a pretty floaty jump, good combo to learn against them is:
(Anti air)Crouch Feirce, Strong Rekka, EX DP or Ultra
The above is an awesome anti air combo that works really well on bison and ryu (aye gino lol).  Just remember that the crouching feirce has to hit with the very tip of his elbow so that you only get one hit from it.

I did manage to tag him a couple times with cr.fp anti air -> ultra, cr.fp anti air -> cod -> ultra and cr.fp anti air -> cod -> ex falling sky, I guess one thing I do need to work on with this is my consistency of hitting the AA cr.fp -- It's a great anti air, but you need to throw it out early... Another thing I've been working on recently in the training room is cr.fp anti air xx lk roll shenanigans... after the roll you can fierce falling sky, or ultra, but the timing on the latter has been giving me problems... I like the roll as it helps build meter, but still haven't got it sorted yet

Thanks for the advice Lenny, would love to play a few games against you too -- You're in Rewa right ? I'm in Kura ahaha

Hydro

GGS!

Dead_manz_hand: Bevan, at last we get a few matches in. Good Gief and Ryu my bro. 3 bar was a little laggy, but it was all good. I think you let me off the hook with ryu a couple of times with your block strings, I was expecting you to go for the tick throw but you never did :( I'd say, if I could give a little advice, it would be good to work on those pressure strings a little. You def got the execution down, so this is the easy part. I look forward to more from you soon! :)

Ericsonau: Good Guile bro, you were much more careful this set of matches. I missed a ton of shit with Viper, but it made for some close battles ;) Can't tell you how many instant crossup burning kicks I f'd up lol. My only critique would be to take full advantage of punish opportunities, throw is good, but it's sometimes a momentum stopper for your offense. I'd be happy to help you with more strats etc AND you're most welcome to tag along to my next south ak meet-up brother!

geneterror

GGs

Kaos, man you had me trying to chase you all over the screen trying to get a hit in. You make the most of that teleport :D I can't give you any advice on combos because your Dhalsim is probably better than mine. Hyro or CrazyMobious are probably the people to ask about that. Keen for some more matches again as Dhalsim is one of my worst matchups at the moment along with Zangief.

Dead_Manz_Hand, I talked to you after the games last night but Hydro pointed out something that I agree with you need to break up your pokes and block strings with some throws. Maybe after the crossup that you're so good at getting just throw on landing after the crossup instead of starting the poke string again becasue I always feel like I can keep blocking until you slip up, more so with Ryu than that big Russian fucker though. How many fights have I won in the last week with tick throws though hahaha. I'd feel guilty if I hadn't spent the last 3 years having it done to me on 3S.
KOW 2011

Hydro

GGS:

Smoof!: Caleb, some good matches today Sagat vs Viper. I laughed when you said I was everywhere, yeah, Viper can get like that sometimes eh ;). Hmmm, as for suggestions I definitely feel you've improved ALOT in a few weeks, so whatever you're doing stick to it. 3 bar connection can be pretty hard on your links so don't fret about not landing the combos too much, I don't know how many fierce-feint-feirce-seismo combos I've missed today, probably 1000 lol. Keep sticking with Sagat bro, you're gonna be mean come the tourney in August!

Eru: All good bro, sorry I had to go so quick. You certainly stepped up the Abel play today, it was a ton harder than our last meetings, not that that was easy or anything :) I know I'm going to come to fear those mix-ups in a few *gulp* days at this rate. GGS!

KaosNZ: Kenny, ggs, at last we get to fight! glad to show off some of the Viper combos for you, my Dhalsim is rather scrubby so I apologise for not being able to pull of a combo exhibition for you on him. Look forward to the next set of challenges.

Pjai: Great games bro, lots of close battles. I really had to pull deep in most of our matches my bro, your Ryu has my cross-up games near-sussed which is kinda un-nerving. I can see the study has been paying off. I'm not going to critique anything, cause I thought you played superbly, even good enough to rival Andy or the Ryu steadfast at yifans. . . damn scary.

I can see I'm going to have to step it up to keep up with you guys online now, lots of great kiwi battlers out there now, so we should have one fuckin rad as tourney come August 15th!

Pjai

GGs Hydro, sounds like i have improved but it was jst all luck from me to grab some rounds off ya viper :D

I still need to structure my attacks better, it’s all pretty random atm and i end up giving the momentum away.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

ggs hydro, man your vipers gotten way better my bro, you make her look like top tier, sorry for the shit play but its so freaking cold aye, my fingers are numb as they dont like moving lol, shouldnt be playing people in this state but i'm too addicted lol, i'm just like sitting here shivering trying hard as to play while getting raped all over the screen still thinking ''coooolll''.Whats your secret , i always play you in the morning yet your doing good as ,must be a heater lol, maybe its cos i'm using the controller and the fingers just freeze in that position, but still your vipers getting frrrreaking good bro , you never fuck up her combos now, awesome playing against you , most fun ever , even if i am just watching you rip me up all round.ggs peace.

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on June 05, 2009, 11:06:57 AM
ggs hydro, man your vipers gotten way better my bro, you make her look like top tier, sorry for the shit play but its so freaking cold aye, my fingers are numb as they dont like moving lol, shouldnt be playing people in this state but i'm too addicted lol, i'm just like sitting here shivering trying hard as to play while getting raped all over the screen still thinking ''coooolll''.Whats your secret , i always play you in the morning yet your doing good as ,must be a heater lol, maybe its cos i'm using the controller and the fingers just freeze in that position, but still your vipers getting frrrreaking good bro , you never fuck up her combos now, awesome playing against you , most fun ever , even if i am just watching you rip me up all round.ggs peace.

DAN! GGS!

lololol yeah... no heater - my fingers were cold as, missed a ton of shit really lol. My secret: hours of training mode everyday, and. . . having no fear in picking her vs anyone anymore. I don't care about losing so much as getting better. I wanna win that tourney with her for the SOUTHSIDE BROTHAS and for all the peeps who reckon I should be playing Boxer instead lol.