• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

yeah ggs to the muntsta, your Rose getting good as bro, she was shitting on sagat a few times lol, yea trying to get used to sagat but i hate spaming tiger shok its boring, actually picking sagat is boring, but im determined to get good with him anyway.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

A Short GGS!

Koasnz: Kenny, much improved Dhalsim my brother, and your Sagat was probably the most fearsome I've faced in the last week for sure, the practice must be paying off. One thing about fighting Sagat is that you cant muck around at all, your life goes down so quickly anyway, one lucky ultra from Sagat and that's 60% on Viper. Sorry I've got no headset either. hope to catch you for some more game later tonight. Also, my apologies for not coming along to your meet up last night, I had my kids to look after. . . so no street for me. ;)

Coffindrop: GGS my bro, my internet totally dropped out at the end of that second game, so I apologise for the short set. I'll be back on tonight to try and catch you again. I'm looking forward to facing that Honda again. :)

Hydro

Moa GGs

Coffindrop: Glad we got to continue our matches today my bro, what a great assortment of characters too. 4 bar was good, but it felt a little laggy for me sometimes for some strange reason. Oh, by the way, your Dhalsim was good bro, definitely worth training or *gasp* 'maining'. Hmmm, there's lots of really decent Sim players here now, Crazymobius//kaosNZ//and now Coffindrop it's about time people recognised the stretchy goodness.

CoffinDrop1

Thanks Hydro. Awesome games!

Bro its good to battle you just to watch an expert Viper player in action! Some of those links you pull together are crazy! I want to try and learn Viper but man she's a whole new style of play. Funny thing is I didnt realise I chose Sim when we had that first match - I was looking at your character and thought I chose Viper. Lol I was thinking hmmm havent seen Hydro play Sim and then BOOM - it was me hahahaha - Yeehaa! Im grateful for the battles as it always makes me realise theres always work to do. Hey are you out South? Im feeling a get together sometime soon - Im sure we have enough for a small street fighter army out our ways?

Hydro

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on June 07, 2009, 06:23:53 PM
Thanks Hydro. Awesome games!

Bro its good to battle you just to watch an expert Viper player in action! Some of those links you pull together are crazy! I want to try and learn Viper but man she's a whole new style of play. Funny thing is I didnt realise I chose Sim when we had that first match - I was looking at your character and thought I chose Viper. Lol I was thinking hmmm havent seen Hydro play Sim and then BOOM - it was me hahahaha - Yeehaa! Im grateful for the battles as it always makes me realise theres always work to do. Hey are you out South? Im feeling a get together sometime soon - Im sure we have enough for a small street fighter army out our ways?

Yeah brother, I'm on redoubt road manukau. I have the occsional meet at my place, and lennysaurus does out south too. I'm down for a meet up whenever, just gimmie a little notice, as I have my two kids on Fri-Saturdays.

GGS!

Smoof: Caleb, your Sagat is improving emmensley my friend. Really whatever you're doing keep it up. I had a challenge elimination_ 's sagat just before playing you, he's deadly as, and you haven't got long to go at all.

Hydro

GGS:

Eru: GGs my bro, that Abel is damn good now, I'm hoping you'll be in for the upcoming tourney, you'd certainly give Simon and Lenny a run for their money for top Abel player in NZ. :)

Ericsonau: Booyah, your guuile is much better than mine for sure. Good mirrors with both Guile and Gouki :). Looking much forward to our next set.

Bevan/Dead_manz_hand: GGS brother, much better use of Tick throws, honestly you were 10x more threatening today than when we last played brother. Awesome stuff keep it up.

CptMunta: So good to play you again brother, those were some awesome Viper / / Rose bouts. Really fun. I hate vs Dictator with a fiery passion tho, so glad there weren't to many of those lol. Can't wait for the next set my man.

Graeme/Geneterror: Missed you bro, lmk when you wanna challenge!

Take care all!

CptMunta

GGs Hydro,

I got served but it was a good served. Learned alot. Had some close matches once I wasn't intimidated by your crazy mixups and pressure strings. It so easy to go "What the fuck is Viper going to do next" and just sit there blocking making you a sitting duck.

Yeah I was alot more confidant with Bison, he's more solid than my Rose since I'm not as scared to take damage. Needed more Rose practice anyways  ;)

A few questions about viper.

Was trying Focus Siesmo on Wakeup and then backdash is this possible? Got hit everytime.

The Super Jump air flame kick you can pretty much choose what side you hit on right?

It's really wierd fighting Viper since she's so new. Fireball pressure isn't and option with all the ground pounding. Be cool to play some more matches some time.

Also be keen to see your Sim too, as it's another matchup I'm learning (I also play Sim from time to time)

Goodtimes  :D
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Hydro

Quote from: CptMunta on June 08, 2009, 10:04:58 PM
GGs Hydro,

I got served but it was a good served. Learned alot. Had some close matches once I wasn't intimidated by your crazy mixups and pressure strings. It so easy to go "What the fuck is Viper going to do next" and just sit there blocking making you a sitting duck.

Yeah I was alot more confidant with Bison, he's more solid than my Rose since I'm not as scared to take damage. Needed more Rose practice anyways  ;)

A few questions about viper.

Was trying Focus Siesmo on Wakeup and then backdash is this possible? Got hit everytime.

The Super Jump air flame kick you can pretty much choose what side you hit on right?

It's really wierd fighting Viper since she's so new. Fireball pressure isn't and option with all the ground pounding. Be cool to play some more matches some time.

Also be keen to see your Sim too, as it's another matchup I'm learning (I also play Sim from time to time)

Goodtimes  :D

GGs my bro, some answers:

Hmmm, you can focus Seismos, but I usually meaty them on wake up so you'll be getting hit if you do anything except Crouching block, or a reversal move with invincibility frames. You can't Focus as a reversal I'm afraid. Yeah, I was really very surprised (And delighted) I got so many pops off you from them ;)

Um, did you mean the instant super jump flamekick on wake up?. . . yes I normally go instant cross up styles (so you block have to block the other way). It's so quick you just have to guess, I do try to mix it up with a front insta sJ BK, but normally the cross up is a 99% guarantee hit. And it's so damn quick and safe on block anyway, Viper's normally in a great position for an overhead or c.mk/mp xx feint etc etc etc and even more pressure afterwards.

I could def see you getting less intimidated as the game went on, Viper certainly thrives on the opponent getting frazzled and that wan't happening quite as much after the Bison games. the last few games were all about who could deal with the poke strings, lots of adapting and countering by both us (reminded me of how Simon/Crazymobius and I play alot).

Yeah, fireballs are easy to deal with as Viper, really only Sagat causes her trouble cause his shots travel so fast and can't be navigated the same was the shoto's can.

Glad I could show off one whole feirce-feint-feirce for you too. You're a wise player and there was no decent opening to score that little combo off. Bison especially is hard to pin down, honestly that's the only reason why he's such a tough match up for her. Looking forward to playing you again soon.

CoffinDrop1

GG's tonight to Deprenyl. I could see you were learning C Viper which will made Hydro happy lol. Yeah Im dabbling a bit with her too. Good games there with Ryu as well. Catch up again online sometime soon.

Hydro

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on June 08, 2009, 11:54:52 PM
GG's tonight to Deprenyl. I could see you were learning C Viper which will made Hydro happy lol. Yeah Im dabbling a bit with her too. Good games there with Ryu as well. Catch up again online sometime soon.

WOOT Two budding new Viper players. Very exciting. If either of you ever want some training or tutorial on particular things just LMK :)

electric

GG's Kaosnz

Your Dhalsim is pretty good, had me sweating a couple times when you started playing hard to get lol. I did feel like early on you let me in a tad too easily, and when you've got an Abel that's rushing the shit out of you that's not generally a good idea.

Wakeup teleport seemed to be working well for you, but I do think you need to use some of his ground pokes more once you're at a comfortable range. You punished the rolls well and managed to score some good damage with your Ultra after you scored a knockdown. Good stuff mate can't wait to play some more
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 09, 2009, 07:58:44 AM
Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on June 08, 2009, 11:54:52 PM

WOOT Two budding new Viper players. Very exciting. If either of you ever want some training or tutorial on particular things just LMK :)

Aw man wheres all the Gens at.  I want a Gen freind to talk gen things about and share gen strats.  :(

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on June 09, 2009, 04:00:46 PM
Aw man wheres all the Gens at.  I want a Gen freind to talk gen things about and share gen strats.  :(

LOL sorry dude, that old ass mother fucker is too confusing with his 2 stance shit ahahha
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

ggs hydro , bro you got that fierce feint fierce combo sussed now aye, i still do pretty bad against her but i'm still learning what to punish when to punish shit. Man what about that el fuerte match aye , 2 perfects in one game , bet even you were pretty shocked lol, i honestly couldnt do fuck all in that match, need more games with you and that viper of yours, dont play her that often, actually your the only guy on my friends list that picks her so you can understand why shes still hard for me, But yeah your viper is very very good,definately mastered her now my bro ggs peace.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on June 09, 2009, 05:01:14 PM
ggs hydro , bro you got that fierce feint fierce combo sussed now aye, i still do pretty bad against her but i'm still learning what to punish when to punish shit. Man what about that el fuerte match aye , 2 perfects in one game , bet even you were pretty shocked lol, i honestly couldnt do fuck all in that match, need more games with you and that viper of yours, dont play her that often, actually your the only guy on my friends list that picks her so you can understand why shes still hard for me, But yeah your viper is very very good,definately mastered her now my bro ggs peace.

Yeah GGs bro, the matches were a bit crazy for me. Got real lazy near the end vs Fuerte and Ryu. I've been trying to find an easier sequence to get the FFF combo out and it looks like it's working 99% of the time. :) always good games bro, you should stick with that Ryu bro, he's easily your best IMO.

GGS:

Bevan: GGS my man, sorry about the sloppy play, had some wierd lag issues this evening. hopefully they'll be sorted out by tomorrow.

Ericson: Same deal my bro, your guile is doing very well, I'm not sure about my connection as I've said, but they were good games never the less. Should also remember I can't punish Guile the the FFF combo. . . he bounces back too far! :)

Kenny: GGs the morning my bro, I'll def hook up for a live challenge one day soon, you're only five min down the road anyway!