• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffinDrop1

GGs Weazzy - thanks for the training. You working on Vega now? Yeah I agree with Hydro your Ryu is definatately the strongest - well against me all of your characters are strong actually but hes the "best of the best" Rufus really shut me down with his endless string attacks as did Boxer and Dictator too. Yep definately a good training session. Thanks again bro.

ericsonau

Hydro: Thanks for GGs. I hope you dun mind i keep challenging with Guile ;) I really wanna master one character beofre moving onto the next.

Weazzyefff: Dunno what was wrong with the connection but they were good games never the less. :)

Pjai: I reckon i need to practise more to close in the gap.

Hydro

Quote from: ericsonau on June 10, 2009, 08:12:14 AM
Hydro: Thanks for GGs. I hope you dun mind i keep challenging with Guile ;) I really wanna master one character beofre moving onto the next.

No problem at all, I don't mind people sticking to the same Character one bit, it's really the only way you're gonna get competitively good in a reasonable amount of time. hope to catch you tonight my bro!

Pinolicious

Woah, GG's to Hydro & CoffinDrop.

Hehe, got schooled, but it's good to see how far I gotta go to break into competitive level.  It'll only get better for me with more practice and matches!

btw it's <PSN> Kriselda.

I really should change that, but it's the wifey's ps3 :(
<PSN> Kriselda

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Pinolicious on June 10, 2009, 09:13:10 AM

Hehe, got schooled, but it's good to see how far I gotta go to break into competitive level.  It'll only get better for me with more practice and matches!

btw it's <PSN> Kriselda.

Bro you been  tryna ring me?

When you gonna comee borrow this stick?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CptMunta

Apologizes to imagneto,

Our internet hates each other  :'(

I reckon our games would be epic, but our games turn into Stutter Fighter sadly.

What did see looked badass. Lots of Pressure with Focus cancels and teleport tomfoolery. I play a wee bit of Bison and Smoof is right our play styles are very different.

Hopefully we can squeeze in casuals at the August Tourney. Bison vs Bison goodness.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

HoneyBadger

Yeah, same with me last night too Mike. GGs but I'm sure neither of us could do the things we wanted cause of the lag ><
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

Sounds like Mike needs a new ISP ;), we had the same problem trying to play the other night.
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

I think we need to take turns at keeping mike in a cage so we can play him. Dibs on Mondays and Wednesdays
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

GGs last night CrazyMobious and Dead_Manz_Hand.

Bevan, the Ryu is getting heaps stronger but I still don't get frustrated like I do when I'm fighting Zangief. I find with Ryu I can control the pace of the match a bit more with Abel where as when I'm fighting Zangief I'm on the back foot the whole time.

Simon, good games bro. Got my ass handed to me. I've been playing Bevan to much and haven't been fighting a variety of characters, took me a round or two to get back into the swing of things playing Dhalsim and Guile. I put Guile on record and practiced focussing the 2nd hit of his cr.rh the otehr day and you never use it :(
Some really close fights near the end though, definitely keen for more soon.
KOW 2011

CptMunta

GGs KaosNZ

Sim Player! Hope those tips help you out a bit. Your Sim has an interesting style. Took me the first match to pick it up then I clicked. We need more Sim's he's helluva fun.

General tips would be, careful with drills. I only use the HK to land quickly. They are really unsafe in SF4, I miss A3 Super Turbo drills.

Be wary of your jump arcs. Sim is Sloooow in the air. It's pretty easy to catch up with him if you aren't far enough away after a jump. I was using your jumps to jump in myself and go for a combo. Unpredictable teles helps with this. Teleporting back or crossing up just before you land.

Your close range pokes are really good. Was hard to read your playstyle to begin with. Good luck vs vindk's sim. He's a monster!

GGs MJT

Your Akuma is really good. I find alot of begginer Akuma's boring to fight as I just catch them when they run away. Your demonflips keep things really interesting.

For your Sagat. Be really careful with your focus attack. Sag's FA doesn't have much range. Also be really careful with you HP uppercuts. Try practicing your crossup blocking a bit too. Waiting a bit before getting up screws with my Guile crossup malarkey.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

CoffinDrop1

Fun games tonight!

Big ups to Deprenyl. Good battles against your Ken - you had me a few times there so I had to resort to Honda lol.

KaosNZ. Liked those Dhalsim fights. I have to learn how to do that teleport jump heavy punch move. That fight we had with Fuerte and Abel was a good laugh : ) I enjoyed that one - didnt know that you liked Mr Super Dynamic.

Shot boys.

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: Pinolicious on June 10, 2009, 09:13:10 AM

btw it's <PSN> Kriselda.

Hey yeah ggs brother. I was wondering where your psn id came from lol all good. Hope to catch up online again sometime soon.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on June 11, 2009, 10:31:42 AM
GGs last night CrazyMobious and Dead_Manz_Hand.

Bevan, the Ryu is getting heaps stronger but I still don't get frustrated like I do when I'm fighting Zangief. I find with Ryu I can control the pace of the match a bit more with Abel where as when I'm fighting Zangief I'm on the back foot the whole time.

Simon, good games bro. Got my ass handed to me. I've been playing Bevan to much and haven't been fighting a variety of characters, took me a round or two to get back into the swing of things playing Dhalsim and Guile. I put Guile on record and practiced focussing the 2nd hit of his cr.rh the otehr day and you never use it :(
Some really close fights near the end though, definitely keen for more soon.

Ha ha! Yeah that Guile sweep is pretty easy to telegraph with savings! I dunno how to avoid that Abel Saving dash into EX throw though. Jump back maybe?

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 12, 2009, 10:32:51 AM
Ha ha! Yeah that Guile sweep is pretty easy to telegraph with savings! I dunno how to avoid that Abel Saving dash into EX throw though. Jump back maybe?

Backdash and jump back both work well -- a throw will also beat the EX tornado throw, but throw will lose to normal tornado throw

I find Abel has a hard time against backdash happy players -- it's basically a free out if Abel messes up a block string or guesses wrong going for a TT
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla