• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

GGS:

Simon/Mobius: We've had a few cool matches the last couple days, I'm not sure what to recommend with Fuerte though, everything seems like an uphill battle. Guile is awesome as ever though.

Coffin: Yeah those guys are good, most are 3 or 2 bar for me, which usually means more claw than Viper. Rocklee plays just like hue, and Elimination had one of the best Sagats I've seen ever. I can beat his chun pretty regular now though, that 'Gat is usually 3-7 to him. the others are about as good as the other top players here, and that's pretty much what we'd expect too. So, I don't fare too badly, just you really feel it when you make silly mistakes and it costs you matches much more than fighting the less hardcore guys. ;)

CptMunta

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 27, 2009, 08:57:18 PM
GGS:

Simon/Mobius: We've had a few cool matches the last couple days, I'm not sure what to recommend with Fuerte though, everything seems like an uphill battle. Guile is awesome as ever though.

Coffin: Yeah those guys are good, most are 3 or 2 bar for me, which usually means more claw than Viper. Rocklee plays just like hue, and Elimination had one of the best Sagats I've seen ever. I can beat his chun pretty regular now though, that 'Gat is usually 3-7 to him. the others are about as good as the other top players here, and that's pretty much what we'd expect too. So, I don't fare too badly, just you really feel it when you make silly mistakes and it costs you matches much more than fighting the less hardcore guys. ;)

Elimation_ He's pretty Scary, his Rufus gives me the most grief, his Sagat matches are always down to the wire. He adapts really quickly, he's pretty much got my bag of tricks down now though. Sagat matches are a scrape by if I win and Rufus is just no contest that lk, HK Ultra! , rock solid.

GGs Mobius, Your Guile has really improved. That jumping Strong in the air was so random! Shut down my air to air game with Bison. Your overhead tricks mixed into your pokes strings caught me off guard. GGs

Geneterror,
Was in a game with a 4 bar bison player. We were having some really good matches so I couldn't get away. Hopefully we can get some games in over the weekend.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Hydro

I think Adaptation is really important to becoming a better player, I've noticed you (munta) and Crazymobius/Simon and myself probably adapt better than most players online, Simon in particular has insane Yomi ability, like he'll just fuckin know when to flash kick my pokes and when not to, its infallable, I swear he's inside my brain some matches. Kevin is also highly adaptable, which is what makes him so deadly I believe, he's rarely fooled by the same trick twice.

I guess we should all aspire to being as adaptable as possible, I've certainly started watching and studying people much more seriously when I play to best adapt within the one match, I think it's really going to be key come the tourney in Aug (50 days or so to go!!!)

Graeme: I got your cell dude, i'll text you tomorrow as! :)

CrazyMobius

Yeah good games this weekend. Got a bit discouraged reading on SRK that Guile is now ranked as the worst player. :( But screw it, I just can't bring myself to play Ryu or Sagat. I like Guile's psychological game. Sorry also guys if my Guile seems somewhat 'cheaper' and turtley now, but that really is the most effective way to play him I've found. Keep your distance when it suits and go in for the kill when you get an opening.

Hydro: Awesome games. Viper is nasty as ever and claw vs Guile grudge match was cool. (even though I only won one  :P ) Those Fuerte matches also filled my physical exercise quota for the month too. Good stuff.

Ioane (King Picallo?) Awesome challenges. Bit laggy at the start but some good matches in there.

Graham and Munta. Good to catch up with some challenges. I think I had to leave early with those ones though. Graham  especially caught me at the end of a 4 hour challenge session and I was pretty jaded and my left arm was all limp from the previous Fuerte matches.

Munta the Sim vs Guile one was good. I noticed you don't teleport at standing jab level. Which is a good move against Guile. Rose was fun too. I'd work at soul reflecting my sonics though fill that meter up.

Geneterror if I had to give you some advice I'd say your Abel could be a bit more aggressive and learn all his pressure into Ultra shenanigans. Sweep into wheel kick/roll is pretty confusing too. Props for staying true to Sakura too, she has a pretty bad rep in this game. Her standing HK was a pretty good pressure move in Alpha I dunno if that is still as sound now.

If I missed anyone oops!

CptMunta

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 27, 2009, 10:06:54 PM
I think Adaptation is really important to becoming a better player, I've noticed you (munta) and Crazymobius/Simon and myself probably adapt better than most players online, Simon in particular has insane Yomi ability, like he'll just fuckin know when to flash kick my pokes and when not to, its infallable, I swear he's inside my brain some matches. Kevin is also highly adaptable, which is what makes him so deadly I believe, he's rarely fooled by the same trick twice.

I guess we should all aspire to being as adaptable as possible, I've certainly started watching and studying people much more seriously when I play to best adapt within the one match, I think it's really going to be key come the tourney in Aug (50 days or so to go!!!)

Graeme: I got your cell dude, i'll text you tomorrow as! :)

Good call man,
I guess it also helps if you play a wide variety of players too (hooray for online!)Lately I've focusing on leveling up my brothers game and after tons and tons of offline games, it's hard to shake yourself out of your old gameplan.

I think "oh this is ryu or guile, these tricks will beat him". Which isn't true at all. Those tricks worked on my brothers Ryu and Guile. I have to remind myself not to go in guns blazing round 1 and test the water a bit and be willing to completely shift gears.

Also for me being able to adapt isn't really on tap for me. Some days I can read players quite easily other days I'm playing Vanilla Rose  ??? I find in tournies the nerves get to me and I have trouble adapting. Hopefully some casuals before hand will be a good warm up. We'll see ;)

Simon:
Good call with the reflect. Sagat's and Ryus FBs I got sussed. When you have meter I get nervous and have trouble reflecting because of EXs, especially since we are online and the window is tight. Also you are so damn unpredictable, I find if I sit back and wait to punish it's not worth it, I have to poke my way in to do damage. Training mode vs Spamming SB Guile for me.

As for my Sim yeah so many people can just standing jab you so it is good to mix it up. I still can't combo the cr MK into flame everytime though, though slide is good for tricks ;)

As for the tiers? Fuck em' Rose was bottom too. Rose is too much fun, sure she's alot more work to win with, but I don't care. I don't think your Guile is a turtle at all just really clever.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Hydro

GGS:

Graeme: Sorry i had to run after a few games brother, they were really enjoyable. I agree with what Simon suggested about being more agressive with Abel; You were exponentially better when you were on the attack, some of those Claw rounds were near white washes thanks to your offense. I see you sometimes get a little frazzled after a string of attacks by your opponent, I was probably getting more damage off you because I noticed you were backing off a bit once you had been through an attack sequence, I'd suggest concentrating on your defense immediately following being knocked down, just to be in the right frame of mind for any follow up attacks that may come your way. other than that, awesome stuff!

geneterror

Yeah it's times like that I wish we all had microphones. I was comfortable fighting Vega after a couple of matches but mainly because even though it's a new game I feel familiar with Vega, you are really good with him though. Viper on the other hand is still completely new to me, I know the games been out for a while but you are still the ONLY Viper player I play against that plays her well. I intentionally started slowing down in those fights towards the end so I could concentrate on trying to learn your poke string etc and trying to find some patterns/openings etc that would give me a chance to launch a new offensive. Trying to figure out what if anything I can Focus etc and what has armour break properties. I learn better that way than blindly carrying on with a strategy that's not working haha. It's my way of learning the matchup, just means I have to slow my pace down a bit. Doesn't mean you should though :-*
I am keen as for more games, if you let me I would just get my ass kicked all day as long as I felt like I was closing the gap in the matchups a little bit each time. Looking forward to more.

KariZZma - sorry I ignored your invites last night bro, I was having my last few games with a friend before I handed over the television to the mrs for the night. I didn't have my keyboard plugged in so I couldn't quickly send you a message. Game on again one night this week though.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 28, 2009, 12:32:43 PM
Yeah good games this weekend. Got a bit discouraged reading on SRK that Guile is now ranked as the worst player. :( But screw it, I just can't bring myself to play Ryu or Sagat. I like Guile's psychological game. Sorry also guys if my Guile seems somewhat 'cheaper' and turtley now, but that really is the most effective way to play him I've found. Keep your distance when it suits and go in for the kill when you get an opening.

stink buzz that hes ranked worst, but im sure your guile is dope to watch. Hopefuly i'll be able to catch him down yifans one time.
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Hydro

GGs!

Bevan: GGs bro, good to play you again. Hope to be online again soon so catch up for another set then.

Som: GGS, much closer games this set, awesome. I really wouldn't get discouraged with guile being low tier in the game, I went through that drama with Claw if you remember, not wanting to play him cause every match seemed so hard to win, but in sticking with him I feel I play him better than anyone I've seen or fought online, (yeah I know...it's my trumpet and I'll blow it) I get told by everyone my Claw's style is unique and it's that unique style that has turned the lowest tier character into a credible threat, cause people expect you to wall dive and run away all day and instead you walk up in their face and zone their ass with superior pokes and range, not to mention ruling the skies with an infallable air to air game. So stick with him bro, you're far too good a player for it to not pay off soon, I can feel the improvement and your gift for adaptation with each challenge.
But yeah; Hue playing Sagat now is probably the lamest thing I've heard outa yifans in a long time, even topping Andy's stint with Gief after Kevin's 61 wins, I mean you'd think it was a three character game with those guys. Not to worry. . .  :)

CrazyMobius

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 30, 2009, 12:56:49 AM
GGs!

Bevan: GGs bro, good to play you again. Hope to be online again soon so catch up for another set then.

Som: GGS, much closer games this set, awesome. I really wouldn't get discouraged with guile being low tier in the game, I went through that drama with Claw if you remember, not wanting to play him cause every match seemed so hard to win, but in sticking with him I feel I play him better than anyone I've seen or fought online, (yeah I know...it's my trumpet and I'll blow it) I get told by everyone my Claw's style is unique and it's that unique style that has turned the lowest tier character into a credible threat, cause people expect you to wall dive and run away all day and instead you walk up in their face and zone their ass with superior pokes and range, not to mention ruling the skies with an infallable air to air game. So stick with him bro, you're far too good a player for it to not pay off soon, I can feel the improvement and your gift for adaptation with each challenge.
But yeah; Hue playing Sagat now is probably the lamest thing I've heard outa yifans in a long time, even topping Andy's stint with Gief after Kevin's 61 wins, I mean you'd think it was a three character game with those guys. Not to worry. . .  :)

Yeah nah good challenges A? One thing I reckon you could do more with claw is saving though. His saving is so good and can set up a few of his different combos too. I dunno but seems like.
Man how many matches started with a sonic and then me getting hit with claws jumping middle punch though a?  ;D

As for tiers. Yeah I just realised yesterday that winning isn't worth not having fun. So I'd rather just play the character I'm feeling at the time. And yeah if you're playing a so caller weaker character it only forces you to learn them more.

And as I read on SRK it's a win/win situation:
If you win your badass cos your using the worst character in the game.
If you lose it can't held against you cos your using the worst character in the game.  ;D

fluxcore

We could make a good discussion of this if it wasn't in the PSN GGS thread :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Hydro

Som: Oh yeah, I do normally use the crazy saving with Claw a bit on other characters, but when you play Guile it's more risky as you are likely going to eat flash kick or crazy EX sonic, but yeah nah I'll try and slip it in when the crazy situation suits for sure. . . insane range on that puppy eh?

geneterror

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 30, 2009, 10:42:22 AM
As for tiers. Yeah I just realised yesterday that winning isn't worth not having fun. So I'd rather just play the character I'm feeling at the time. And yeah if you're playing a so caller weaker character it only forces you to learn them more.

And as I read on SRK it's a win/win situation:
If you win your badass cos your using the worst character in the game.
If you lose it can't held against you cos your using the worst character in the game.  ;D
I agree 100% Simon, it's why I won't give up playing Sakura. Against good players with a high tier character (particularly Sagat, M.Bison) it's an uphill battle but at the end of the day the game should be about having FUN!
I've started playing around with Rufus, I'm TERRIBLE with him but I feel like I'm getting a liitle bit better with him each time and I long as I keep learning/progressing then I'll be having fun.
Hell our mate Hydro here destroyed me the other night with Vega but after a few matches I was coming to grips with the matchup but the main thing was it was fun. That Viper matchup on the other hand still needs some work :P

The day being competitive becomes more important than having fun is the day I call it quits I think. The two can go hand in hand for sure but it's not ALL about winning.
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on June 30, 2009, 10:58:14 AM

Uncalled for.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 30, 2009, 03:29:02 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on June 30, 2009, 10:58:14 AM

Uncalled for.

We were actually talking about this at Euan's on Saturday. I'd also like to see this thread out of the PSN and into the general
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA