• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

IMO if you're doing pretty well with a char, why drop them just because some other people don't use them?

(and why the hell would you pick up honda?)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[8-----D] Toots

Honda is actually pretty solid. I think he is ranked above dictator and sits around the likes of boxer, viper and so.

Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 08, 2009, 12:26:54 AM

Not tourney viable? Thats what they say about Fuerte, and Tetsu/TKD have each won a recent TRF in Japan. Rep that low tier shit imo. Sure its a hell of a lot harder to do, but its also a hell of a lot more awesome. Awesomeness is where its at.

Well thing is Elf goes even with some of the top tier and doesn't lose badly in any matchups. Add to this randomness factor and you will see that its much more likely for him to win an SBO than top tier Zangief.

Where Fuerte does suck is consistently winning in a casual enviroment. Thats why you wont see Fuertes with high BP or win ratios.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: fluxcore on July 08, 2009, 07:56:09 AM
(and why the hell would you pick up honda?)

Three words

MIKE

FUCKING

ROSS!!!!!!
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

Quote from: Toomeke on July 08, 2009, 09:16:00 AM
Honda is actually pretty solid. I think he is ranked above dictator and sits around the likes of boxer, viper and so.

Not tourney viable? Thats what they say about Fuerte, and Tetsu/TKD have each won a recent TRF in Japan. Rep that low tier shit imo. Sure its a hell of a lot harder to do, but its also a hell of a lot more awesome. Awesomeness is where its at.

Well thing is Elf goes even with some of the top tier and doesn't lose badly in any matchups. Add to this randomness factor and you will see that its much more likely for him to win an SBO than top tier Zangief.

Where Fuerte does suck is consistently winning in a casual enviroment. Thats why you wont see Fuertes with high BP or win ratios.

exactly Furte is a very tricky char to use and requires alot of thinking/ trick etc to do the dmg and even if he is low tier or whatever he is still a hard character to play against, so him winning SBO or something is no suprise. Don't just thik chars that are low tier have lesser chance of winning, it depends on teh player which is the main factor.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on July 08, 2009, 09:38:47 AM

exactly Furte is a very tricky char to use and requires alot of thinking/ trick etc to do the dmg and even if he is low tier or whatever he is still a hard character to play against, so him winning SBO or something is no suprise. Don't just thik chars that are low tier have lesser chance of winning, it depends on teh player which is the main factor.

Oh my god.. here we go again....

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[8-----D] Toots

Sorry Leo didn't think before I posted  :'(

CrazyMobius

HoneyBadger

We need Alan to do the deletes and ...move along guys, nothing to see here.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Smoofikith on July 08, 2009, 11:04:02 AM
We need Alan to do the deletes and ...move along guys, nothing to see here.

Yes and while your at it Alan can you delete this no tier BS from the other threads too?

CptMunta

God what have I done!  ???

Tier discussion ending 3........... 2............. 1.............

And GGs to Taiboas

Always fun playing your Ken. I didn't do very well with my Ryu though. My Sagat is even worse. I should leave the uppercutters alone. (Not because of tiers just because, don't wanna go there)  ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on July 08, 2009, 09:38:47 AM

Im not going to get into this again. Ive already said i think player is the main factor. But low tier characters DO have a lesser chance of winning. Youre wrong to think otherwise. Period. Theres a reason EVERYONE disagrees with you.

My bad guys. I shouldnt have said anything. Im gonna go pick the bullet out of my foot now.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Oh cool just discovered this topic

Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 06, 2009, 10:12:35 PM
GGs over the weekend:

Hue: With all respect: you rule with Ryu. I'm not even going to say another thing about the way you play other than this: You are the one to beat at the tourney in Aug, I was riding high after beating Kevin and Andy at yifans the day before, but your Ryu is in another class altogether, and it definitely made me think long and hard about the way I personally play SFIV all weekend. I'm training twice as hard and am really determined to improve thanks to fighting you bro, so, thank you, I really hope I'll put up more of a challenge against your Ryu next time we fight.

Skull: Good chun as always, always improving bro! good stuff.

Pro vipering and clawing man, I need to put alot of work into my poke strings and tick throwing \ throw teching in order to be able to give you a real match some day.
Thanks for the games, always try to learn as much as I can with our matches.

Out of curiosity is Hue CrazyKiller on PSN?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Skullator on July 08, 2009, 12:05:53 PM
Oh cool just discovered this topic

Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 06, 2009, 10:12:35 PM
GGs over the weekend:

Hue: With all respect: you rule with Ryu. I'm not even going to say another thing about the way you play other than this: You are the one to beat at the tourney in Aug, I was riding high after beating Kevin and Andy at yifans the day before, but your Ryu is in another class altogether, and it definitely made me think long and hard about the way I personally play SFIV all weekend. I'm training twice as hard and am really determined to improve thanks to fighting you bro, so, thank you, I really hope I'll put up more of a challenge against your Ryu next time we fight.

Skull: Good chun as always, always improving bro! good stuff.

Pro vipering and clawing man, I need to put alot of work into my poke strings and tick throwing \ throw teching in order to be able to give you a real match some day.
Thanks for the games, always try to learn as much as I can with our matches.

Out of curiosity is Hue CrazyKiller on PSN?

Yea thats him.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Ah right, yeah he's a beast.

Perfected him in our first match and thought all right I got this.
Couldn't of been more wrong there haha, mad skills with Ryu and Akuma.

zos'la

lol, Simom It seems you have a problem with every character I use if that post you previously posted is directed towards me, if not then I apologize.

I did not intend to bring tier thing up, Ijust said its not a suprise as Furte is a good character with potentials. As I care less about tier or not.
thanks come again.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.