• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Back on topic

GGs pagefault: Not sure if you're on these forums, or if you're even a Kiwi lol... Maybe an Aussie guy ?

Regardless, Your Ryu is pretty solid... I think if I wasn't so scrubby I might have been able to win one or two, there was some pretty close matches there... One thing I caught myself doing FAR too often was rolling right in for a throw... Next time you see this maybe try tech a few more, or dash forward and throw on reaction, as you'll catch me mid roll where I can't tech. Also I felt I could get away from your knockdown mixups relatively easy, but I retardedly just jumped back in... against lesser retards you may want to tighten this part of your game up, as I noticed this was the only real error you were making

Also, that Gief/Abel match was hilarious... I can tell you don't play much Gief, but Wheel Kick > Gief haha

Keep it up dude, always fun to play you
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on July 08, 2009, 12:42:01 PM
lol, Simom It seems you have a problem with every character I use if that post you previously posted is directed towards me, if not then I apologize.

I did not intend to bring tier thing up, Ijust said its not a suprise as Furte is a good character with potentials. As I care less about tier or not.
thanks come again.

Reading your posts makes my brain hurt Andy, I just don't know what you're trying to say at all; it's like a riddle or something.

zos'la

just trying to get some love :)
James get ur PC version :P
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

lol, Simom It seems you have a problem with every character I use if that post you previously posted is directed towards me, if not then I apologize.

I did not intend to bring tier thing up, Ijust said its not a suprise as Furte is a good character with potentials. As I care less about tier or not.
thanks come again.

Sweet, look forward to seeing you play Fuerte at Yifans for $2 against Kevin's Gief or Hue's Ryu next week. Good stuff.

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on July 08, 2009, 03:20:15 PM
just trying to get some love :)
James get ur PC version :P

I only got mac son, so I'll stick with PSN, besides, Hue's one of us now, he's all the practice I'll need for the tourney I reckon.

zos'la

Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 08, 2009, 03:44:21 PM

thanks come again.

Sweet, look forward to seeing you play Fuerte at Yifans for $2 against Kevin's Gief or Hue's Ryu next week. Good stuff.

If I have to reply to that comment it would be a wall of text, guess I won't go there.
Good luck.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on July 09, 2009, 09:21:46 AM
Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 08, 2009, 03:44:21 PM

thanks come again.

If I have to reply to that comment it would be a wall of text, guess I won't go there.
Good luck.

Yeah I've got a mac too. And a Ps3. Yup.

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CptMunta

I got a PSP, PS3 and PC

Addicted to P  ::)

I've got SF4, running on the lowest settings at 30 FPS!!! Awesome! ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Lennysaurus

I got XBOX, PS3, PSP, DS, WII!!! All the current generation baby!!

My E-peen is sssssssssssooooooooooooooo big right now!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

HoneyBadger

Server first Sarth and 3 drakes ach. OOOOOOOOOH
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on July 09, 2009, 09:21:46 AM

Good luck.

I wanna hear what you have to say on this Andy, 'wall' and all. In fact, I hereby CHALLENGE you to do so. . .

**gets popcorn ready**

Skullator

Quote from: Smoofikith on July 09, 2009, 11:31:56 AM

World first Yogg zero.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Skullator on July 09, 2009, 12:12:15 PM
Quote from: Smoofikith on July 09, 2009, 11:31:56 AM

World first Yogg zero.

SS plz. title, toon and mount saying  "Sup Smoof"
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Walls are great. Why do you think i write so many of them?

Anyway, i have a feeling that there is a bit of confusion around what "tiers" are.

Low tier characters ARE weaker than their high tier counterparts. This is just how it is. It cant be argued, because it is a statement of fact. Can 'what character goes where in the list' be argued? Yes. But the list definitely exists, and is there for a reason.

This does NOT mean, that these characters physically cannot win. They can. What a tier list demonstrates is essentially "how much more difficult it is to win with said character". The calibur of the player IS and always will be the primary source of 'wins' in a game. This is another statement that cant be argued.

However, on a competitive level, a low tier character acts a lot like a handicap, (ie. The lower the tier, the higher the handicap) and as such, a player needs to have a lot more up his sleeve to win his matches. (To balance the offset of using a low tier character) Relating to the "the player is what determines the match" outlook, THIS is what a tier list represents. How big a handicap youre playing with.

The above is a pretty general statement i admit. Bad character matchups are a better example of playing with a handicap. What a tier list does is measure how many good/bad matchups a character has, and how big a difference there is, and then gives the character a value based on the rest of the cast. It gives you a general idea of how good a character is in relation to the other characters.

At NO POINT does using a low tier character justify a loss. On a competitive scene, if you choose to handicap yourself, then you risk losing. If you ARE the better player, you deserve to win, and you will. I think this is the point Andy is trying to get at, but he is ignoring the 'handicap' portion. Which i feel rings pretty true.

Short version:

Better players win matches. Tiers make those wins harder.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.