• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericsonau

iMagneto: your Bison is awesome ! My Guile simply had no answer to the Bison of yours.. GGs !

Hydro: GGs. i just have no idea how to play against your claw :). I really need some serious practice inorder to give you some real challenge..... :P Cheers bro.

Hydro

Quote from: ericsonau on July 10, 2009, 09:37:30 AM
iMagneto: your Bison is awesome ! My Guile simply had no answer to the Bison of yours.. GGs !

Hydro: GGs. i just have no idea how to play against your claw :). I really need some serious practice inorder to give you some real challenge..... :P Cheers bro.

YO

GGs Ericson, I forgot to respond to your message last night. Stick with it brother, you've really improved since the first time we fought. Guile's one of those characters (like Claw) where it can be hard to see if you're making any headway with getting better, but it is really showing. you're much more confident in the mathces now, you're controlling space much better and your pokes have improved ten fold. If you're having trouble with some match ups in particular, I'd recommend doing a little reading on SRK, and spending soome time in training mode working through the trouble areas of the match. I always thought Guile Dictator was in Guiles favor, even though Mike/Imagneto is NZ's best Dictator player! Moves like j.mp is a good way to stuff air to air vs dictator, c.hp is awesome anti air as usual, can even stop devil reverse and occasional headpress. other than that, just zone him with sonics in the close range, block those poke strings or counter with great moves like the vandamme kick f.mk, or f.hk to blow through low pokes. You wanna keep out of the corner, and you mainly want Dictator to come at you in the air . . . You were using s.hp which is AWESOME, so keep that in your repitoire in the match too.

Keep the faith brother, I wanna see that Guile throw down at the nationals in August.

maelgrim

So any online BB action last night ?
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

electric

GG's this afternoon Hue

Not 100% sure if it was you playing or someone else... it didn't seem like your usual rush down Ryu, and the matches were really close, so that's generally a sign that it wasn't you haha... But regardless, some really good matches, and I'm glad I could get a few wins over a really good Ryu... Definitely gives me more confidence in the matchup

I also felt like this is the first time in a while that I've actually played Smart Abel as opposed to Angry Abel. A few less execution mistakes and I think I could have had a few more of those matches. GG's mate and glad we could sort out our connection issues. Looking forward to the next games
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: electric on July 10, 2009, 02:38:09 PM
GG's this afternoon Hue

Not 100% sure if it was you playing or someone else... it didn't seem like your usual rush down Ryu, and the matches were really close, so that's generally a sign that it wasn't you haha... But regardless, some really good matches, and I'm glad I could get a few wins over a really good Ryu... Definitely gives me more confidence in the matchup

I also felt like this is the first time in a while that I've actually played Smart Abel as opposed to Angry Abel. A few less execution mistakes and I think I could have had a few more of those matches. GG's mate and glad we could sort out our connection issues. Looking forward to the next games

Haha ggs dude. It was half me :P lol.... My friend played the first 2 rounds and I always took the last round. He's still learning SF4, but he's enjoying it. ^_^

CoffinDrop1

GG's tonight to Karizzma.

Most fights won in the final round - damn lol.

Solid Ryu and Boxer. Thought I had ya in that last battle. You adapted well actually and had a good zoning sytle with both fighters keeping me contained once your rhythm got going. I need to work on breaking those patterns as at times I keep trying the same moves and dont adjust quickly enough to avoid falling into the same trap - bit like watching an instant replay. You had the super's and ultra's well linked also esp with Boxer.

Thanks for the sparring session.

karizzma

GG coffin

Ya man those were some intense games. I admit my match up against honda isn't very good and I had to adapt to your butt smash. But just sum advice try to use it a little less it seems to leave you open for a grab after you land maybe the ex form is better?

Lets play again soon.

Pjai

Hydro:GGs, I hope I managed to put up some better fights towards the end of the set against viper, still dont know how to counter those chain thunder knuckles tho lost most of my health trying. And I need to think abt your claw games...

CptMunta

GGs Kaos NZ

Your Sim has really improved. Your zoning and mind games have gotten much better. My only would be get a good solid damage option off your tele mindgames,

mine is FP, CrMK (Not slide) and LP Flame.

The classic (probably better) FP, Bk MK, Lp Flame.

Even if you had an awesome Ultra setup to link the Ultra to Super.

Also mind the drills as they have horrible recovery in SF4 sadly.

GGs Cr8zyK1LL3r

Fuckin' hell Hue, who the hell did you sell your soul to to get so ungodly with Ryu?! Man, I just don't know what to do, there was one round against you (pretty sure it was you) that it was close and I at least felt a little bit of control of the round.

But it's like I can't make you do anything. You know the engine, your pokes and counters so well. Well done sir. Really hope I'm not seeded against you first round of the tourney. Yikes!

Nice Abel matches too. At least then with ol' Bison it was close to even.

You probably don't know Rose but any general pointers? Want to be more than a training mode dummy for next time ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Cr8zyK1LL3r

The main problem with your rose (or most of the online players) is that you spam lp alot when my Ryu get close. Normally, I will just take those few pokes to make people think that it's really working. And at the critical situations I would do Shoryuken -> Ultra and it's 1 free round for me. Try to mix up with throwing also, U haven't thrown me once for the whole 5 matches.

Those are just the basic stuffs that i've learned from the game system. Not so sure about rose so I cannot give you any good advises. Sorry.

PS : You might wanna check out the gameplay of some pro rose players on youtube. I've found quite a lot.

And ggs Pjai ^_^

CptMunta

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 13, 2009, 07:22:38 PM
The main problem with your rose (or most of the online players) is that you spam lp alot when my Ryu get close. Normally, I will just take those few pokes to make people think that it's really working. And at the critical situations I would do Shoryuken -> Ultra and it's 1 free round for me. Try to mix up with throwing also, U haven't thrown me once for the whole 5 matches.

Those are just the basic stuffs that i've learned from the game system. Not so sure about rose so I cannot give you any good advises. Sorry.

PS : You might wanna check out the gameplay of some pro rose players on youtube. I've found quite a lot.

And ggs Pjai ^_^

Man crazy, good call on the throwing. Throwing is usually a huge part of my game (As your friend must have noticed). Guess I've been too shit scared to try it.

I'll mind my LP spamming on wakeup too.

Saqs' Rose is really good and watched his matches for help on Rufus and Sim.

I also have to mind my Desparation Supers/Ultras. I've been doing alot of stuff that makes me shake my head when I see others do it. Just trying to fluke a random comeback.

Cheers for the tips man. Hopefully I can mix it up a bit next game.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Pjai

And ggs Pjai ^_^

i got pwnd as expected LOL
i kept trying to throw u on my wakeup when u were sticking pretty close but didnt work once :( and the result was eating another combo lol

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: karizzma on July 12, 2009, 12:27:03 AM
GG coffin

Ya man those were some intense games. I admit my match up against honda isn't very good and I had to adapt to your butt smash. But just sum advice try to use it a little less it seems to leave you open for a grab after you land maybe the ex form is better?

Lets play again soon.

Thanks for the good feedback brother. You know it made me think - actually yeah I do spam that sumo splash. It works on the noobs lol but not on the good players like yourself hehehe. Must be more strategic with that and definately use ex form for more safety if I have to.

Also big ups to Hydro for our second hit out over the weekend. Shucks man I was facing a totally different Vega in those battles - you got me good with Claw - full shut down. Once again Hydro close up game was too tight. Shot!

Lennysaurus

Man thats awesome advice Hue.  I would never have thought about that.  Man I need to get some games in with you so you can teach me your evil tricks!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

lol, trust me, he can be even more eviL!!! not crazy!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.