• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karizzma

Hey gg hydro

Sorry for the lag its what happens when you have 4 computers and a PS3 all running on the net at the same time. It was good facing a vega and viper two match ups I haven't had the luxury of facing.

Thanks for the games hope we can have some more later on without the lag peace.

maelgrim

gg Toomekke - finally some online BlazBlue action

As you can tell i'm not that familiar with Ragna (or anybody for that matter :) )
you got some good combo's there, I have a few for Rachel but you never saw them coz jeez man its hard when Ragna has the smack down on you in the corner :)
started to learn how to block  ;D

Sorry about the Jin spam - wasn't nice but I wanted at least one win  ;)

I have some sort of burst mismanagement syndrome - I totally forgot about it for most of the games - except when I hit it accidently - like right at the start of a round >:(

Rachel is hard to use but I will perservere - learning for how long to block will be a good start (some of those combo's go for a while - & i'm not good at teching them)

anyway many thanks

@Lenny - sorry we didn't get to play man, you seem to be lagged to hell
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Hydro

GGS!

Som: Cool as challenges, damn I had that Dhalsim fight but missed the BK at the end GAAAAARRRRARARAH ~_~. Cool seeing you bust out Sagat and Ryu for a change, mental damage in those 'gat fights too.

Inoxx10: Welcome to the forums bro, good to catch you for some games.

Karizzma: Damn that lag killed it for me bro, catch up again soon eh?

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: maelgrim on July 14, 2009, 09:57:33 PM

As you can tell i'm not that familiar with Ragna (or anybody for that matter :) )
you got some good combo's there, I have a few for Rachel but you never saw them coz jeez man its hard when Ragna has the smack down on you in the corner :)

I have some sort of burst mismanagement syndrome - I totally forgot about it for most of the games - except when I hit it accidently - like right at the start of a round >:(

Rachel is hard to use but I will perservere - learning for how long to block will be a good start (some of those combo's go for a while - & i'm not good at teching them)

anyway many thanks

Hey man thanks for the games.

Yeah Ragna doesn't give you much room to breathe unless your names smoof and you have magical cat powers. Its probably best to use your barrier when Ragna is on the offensive so you can push him out and then try to punish when I whiff a move. In terms of teching, when in a combo I prefer to spam A and hold down back if I don't know how long the combo will last. Learning when to tech out of combos and dealing with the wakeup game seems to be really important.

Stick with Rachael. It'll probably take a while before you get to a good level of competency but when you do you will more then likely be beating the people who stuck with easier character (Ragna, Jin, Noel, Tager) that a lower on the Tier list.

Always keen for games man

maelgrim

yeah I was lying in bed last night thinking why the hell didn't I try and instant block / barrier.
Need to find a quick response with Rachel, I could see openings but just wasn't fast enough, with Noel & Jin I could respond quicker.

Rachel is the only char I have invested any real time with so far ( and so far an impressive 0 wins online from about 12 matches  :D )
the others only what little I have picked up in the story mode fights :)

I'm still thinking about an alt, but will probably wait until I have finished the story mode with everyone first.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Toomeke on July 14, 2009, 11:50:17 PM

anyway many thanks

Yeah Ragna doesn't give you much room to breathe unless your names smoof and you have magical cat powers. Its probably best to use your barrier when Ragna is on the offensive so you can push him out and then try to punish when I whiff a move. In terms of teching, when in a combo I prefer to spam A and hold down back if I don't know how long the combo will last. Learning when to tech out of combos and dealing with the wakeup game seems to be really important.

Stick with Rachael. It'll probably take a while before you get to a good level of competency but when you do you will more then likely be beating the people who stuck with easier character (Ragna, Jin, Noel, Tager) that a lower on the Tier list.

Hi my name is Ragna. I HAVE A HUGE MOTHERFUCKING SWORD WITH A HITBOX THAT ISN'T CONNECTED TO MY BODY SHAME TAOKAKA. Yeah, that's you. I think we need to get everyone together to get more feedback, around 8 tonight?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Smoofikith on July 15, 2009, 09:15:29 AM
Quote from: Toomeke on July 14, 2009, 11:50:17 PM

anyway many thanks

Hi my name is Ragna. I HAVE A HUGE MOTHERFUCKING SWORD WITH A HITBOX THAT ISN'T CONNECTED TO MY BODY SHAME TAOKAKA. Yeah, that's you. I think we need to get everyone together to get more feedback, around 8 tonight?

Youre going to have fun fighting Hakumen.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

MUMMYHALA

maelgrim

gg's Toomek, Smoof, Skull
Thanks for the pasting :) (must be thrash Rachel week).

I need to watch some better rachel players and see how they handle pressure - coz i'm not doing to well, can't setup her BnB's at all.

The only damage I can get out is the spin attack with wind - but you guys are on to that now.

Is there a part of those Ragna combo's that hit low and lifts you into the air - coz sometimes I was positive I was blocking and before you know it i'm airborne suffering major damage

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: maelgrim on July 15, 2009, 10:36:01 PM

I need to watch some better rachel players and see how they handle pressure - coz i'm not doing to well, can't setup her BnB's at all.

The only damage I can get out is the spin attack with wind - but you guys are on to that now.

Is there a part of those Ragna combo's that hit low and lifts you into the air - coz sometimes I was positive I was blocking and before you know it i'm airborne suffering major damage

Here is some videos of a real good Rachael

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIN52fHO_-w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpvfnNZMDtc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRrY11roRUw

And yeah Ragna has some moves that hit low and some that are overheads. His 2b, 3c, 6c and 2d have to be blocked low. His 6b, and gauntlet hades have to be blocked high. It sounds like I was hitting you with 6c

maelgrim

Quote from: Toomeke on July 15, 2009, 11:04:04 PM
Quote from: maelgrim on July 15, 2009, 10:36:01 PM

Here is some videos of a real good Rachael

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIN52fHO_-w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpvfnNZMDtc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRrY11roRUw

And yeah Ragna has some moves that hit low and some that are overheads. His 2b, 3c, 6c and 2d have to be blocked low. His 6b, and gauntlet hades have to be blocked high. It sounds like I was hitting you with 6c

Cheers for that, yeah I am in dire need of some quick pokes as it currently seems that just about everything of Rachel's loses out in priority vs Ragna - which is why ive only had some (mixed) success with the 6C+D spin attack which I can launch a bit further back - though easy for you to see coming.

Those vids have given me ideas I can practice, though at the start of the first I was thinking - hey that looks familiar  ;D

I might even have to play a little bit with Ragna's combo's myself to really see where the gaps are :)

@Smoof cheers for the Arakune match - I was almost totally unprepared with what to do with all the space & time I had - compared to the Ragna smackdown I had been suffering every other match :) - I'd only ever played against normal AI Arakune - once with Rachel so it was good fun.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

HoneyBadger

MUMMYHALA

maelgrim

If you do, pick Carl so I might get some wins before you get good  ;D