• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashe

GGs lenny, sorry i had to leave so soon lol. your carl loops seem to last for ages, how long do they go for?

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Ashe

i meant before it becomes roll outable :]

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Ashe on July 16, 2009, 07:20:47 PM
i meant before it becomes roll outable :]

If he does them properly. Until your dead lol.

Ashe

seriously? NERF THAT SHIT!!!!!

jk :D

ggs today toomeke, your ragna is relentless!

maelgrim

Quote from: Ashe on July 16, 2009, 09:57:25 PM

Hey Ashe, you still using Rachel ?
Let me know if you start winning games vs Toomeke's Rawgna - I need some tips - it is indeed relentless.

Just completed Tao's story - what a nutjob

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Ashe

Quote from: maelgrim on July 16, 2009, 10:03:25 PM

Let me know if you start winning games vs Toomeke's Rawgna - I need some tips - it is indeed relentless.

LOL @ tao comment. and yeah im still playing rachel, couldnt win against toomekes rawrgna though. i only remembered halfway through a match that you cant frog him mid screen >< definitely need to learn all my bnbs too

maelgrim

Quote from: Ashe on July 16, 2009, 10:10:46 PM
Quote from: maelgrim on July 16, 2009, 10:03:25 PM

LOL @ tao comment. and yeah im still playing rachel, couldnt win against toomekes rawrgna though. i only remembered halfway through a match that you cant frog him mid screen >< definitely need to learn all my bnbs too

Yeah I can't get any BnB's out against him coz of all the pressure in the corner, that and it seems Rachel's combo starters are not quick enough (GoodGuy always beats me to the punch)

Having said that have a look at the match vids above from Toomeke esp the first one, the Rachel player (very good) is starting alot of Combo's with 2A (much faster), there are a whole heap of good ideas in that match - not that I have had the chance to try them yet. 

Certainly from my experience & what I have read, have to be much more patient with Rachel and wait for the opening, but that of course means you need to really know the enemy combo's well.

Rachel's combo's are way harder than everyone elses.
I think the best use of Frog vs Rawg is to corner rape - as its very hard to get it out otherwise.

and of course there is this pearl of wisdom I just read
"Almost all Rachel players start out losing alot." - thats definitely me
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Lennysaurus

I dont know if that is just a rachel thing.  I have similar problems against Rag with Carl.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

HoneyBadger

When I was watching you play, Mael you didn't chill out much. A lot of the hits I landed on you were like COUNTER COUNTER. Against Ben's Ragna you really really gotta chillax like he said before push block him until he whiffs some shit.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

maelgrim

@Lenny - Yeah Carl is the other really hard character to master - more so than Rachel I think :)

@Smoof - I was not very familiar with Tao's combo's and after the Rag matches I was bit woried about being pushed into the corner as I hadn't worked out how to get him off (except burst). I have some better ideas now. Anyway I have found since that Tao is actually a little easier than Rag to find time & space against (though it is like fighting a ping pong ball) so yeah I was overdoing it a bit in our matches.

But watching the good Rachel players they do apply alot of pressure - its when they get in the corner that its bad news - even the Pro rachels get hammered then.

Hydro

SFIV GGS!

Kaos: All good Kenny, your close Sim game is much improved, be careful with throwing the ultra out in any old situation. you 'should' be using it to pin down your opp after a knockdown (Like noogie throw) then mix-up on them for the damage. Catch up soon my friend.

Karizzma: Good to finally play you bro, your boxer is quite good, my only advice would be to ween yourself off the wakeup headbutts brother, you give away too many rounds with that. It's a tricky one cause if it hits you've got ultra to follow afterwards, though on more experienced players it's going to be rarely that that happens, so think about what else you could be doing in those situations, having to rely on a guessing game can be detrimental to your improvement, and Boxer in particular has many, many other completely safe options as alternatives. Other than that brother, SOLID. 

\M/ >_< \M/

karizzma

ya gg hydro your like the only claw and viper player I have ever played. What are those wake up options for balrog especially when the opponent is crossing you up on wake up?

fluxcore

Shit all.

Block
backdash
Focus backdash
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Hydro

Quote from: karizzma on July 19, 2009, 04:08:42 PM
ya gg hydro your like the only claw and viper player I have ever played. What are those wake up options for balrog especially when the opponent is crossing you up on wake up?

LOL FLUX!!! they don't seem like much do they, but they're all he needs.

Karizzma: Cross up on wake up you ask?

Um. . . block?

Seriously though bro, blocking is a hell of a lot better than playing the guessing game with the Headbutts on wake up, especially when the opp isn't so close to you. You could try (As an option) Ex.straight/upper etc, as it has armor and is fairly (almost completely) safe on block *and* stops most jump ins from a distance. Though, in being a former boxer player, I'd try having a little more confidence in his defence and try blocking foremost. Endure the poke strings (block I mean) then go about your offense. Remember; no character can keep boxer under so much pressure that he just can't ex.rush through pokes or simply dash back/tech throw when needed. Honeslty, he owns the close ground game, why sacrifice that with hopes of maybe landing a lucky headbutt, especially in the clutch. Stay grounded and keep your defensive options open.

The reason boxer is sooooooooo tinny on defense is one reason why I gave him up, he's 10x better when turtling than most other characters (Cept Honda) and that really ain't my style at all. Plus I found him boring to play on attack, I definitely perfer a more stylish offense, but each to their own certainly.

I hope I didn't sound like I was giving you a hard time there bro, jsut wanted to give some advice should you be looking for it.

:)

GGS:

MJT: GGS, a shame you had to run bro. Catch up soon.

Coffin: Always good to play you brother, Honda much improved yet again. . . keep it up!