• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffinDrop1

GG's tonight to CrazyMobius - I think it's been a while since our last battle.

Fuerte was good. You play a good smart game with EF mixing up his attacks well instead of the spam splash play I am normally used to seeing.

Guile was zoning really well. Hard to attack your Guile with Honda - your throwing is good with him too with good range awareness  - every time I got close it was throw down time.

Sim was also very strong. Had me pretty much locked in there with the yoga boxed in styles. Good use of Teleport and varying the Yoga flame with standard fireball to counter my jump ins.

What can I say good training for me against a strong Guile and Sim ok and El Furte too : ) Cheers for the games man - catch up again soon.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on July 24, 2009, 10:42:17 PM

Fuerte was good. You play a good smart game with EF mixing up his attacks well instead of the spam splash play I am normally used to seeing.

Guile was zoning really well. Hard to attack your Guile with Honda - your throwing is good with him too with good range awareness  - every time I got close it was throw down time.

Sim was also very strong. Had me pretty much locked in there with the yoga boxed in styles. Good use of Teleport and varying the Yoga flame with standard fireball to counter my jump ins.

What can I say good training for me against a strong Guile and Sim ok and El Furte too : ) Cheers for the games man - catch up again soon.

Yeah they were good matches. Thanks for the props. Your Honda has definitely improved. I 'm glad you seem to be maining him as there aren't many Honda's online. I really need some good Honda training cos there is another Honda player at Yifans that sometimes gives me grief. His Honda is a bit tinnier than yours though mainly spamming slash and headbutt.

Connection wasn't to bad either. Good stuff!

ceekaytwo

GGs last night to Geneterror,  some very lol moments.

thanks for the beat down, I learnt alot.

Hope u had as much fun as I did, GG!

Ballzax

GG's last night to Imagneto.. Mean Bison! Just happy I got a few rounds....
Play you again soon.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on July 25, 2009, 12:20:47 PM
Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on July 24, 2009, 10:42:17 PM

Yeah they were good matches. Thanks for the props. Your Honda has definitely improved. I 'm glad you seem to be maining him as there aren't many Honda's online. I really need some good Honda training cos there is another Honda player at Yifans that sometimes gives me grief. His Honda is a bit tinnier than yours though mainly spamming slash and headbutt.

Connection wasn't to bad either. Good stuff!

Theres 2 now. Ironsol plays honda aswell, and hes a bit more MIKE ROSS than matt. Not necessarily better, but definitely more MIKE ROSS.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Quote from: ceekaytwo on July 25, 2009, 01:48:27 PM
GGs last night to Geneterror,  some very lol moments.

thanks for the beat down, I learnt alot.

Hope u had as much fun as I did, GG!
Yeah they were ggs. Seemed like the random on my side was a bit off and just wanted me to play Balrog for a while :D.
Keen to play again soon.
KOW 2011

CptMunta

Cr8zyK1LL3r

GGs man only took one set off you from 10  :-[

Was gutted I had to bail on you before the you could show me my fuck ups. Had my 5 day old daughter in a sling on my chest while playing you and she was waking up and wanted food.

Too much Jab.... But what can I do?

All my pokes < Your DPs

And my mix up and mind games usually work.

How can I throw you or cross you up? Can throw counter DP?

Sliding under your jumps and comboing you when you landed helped, also comboing the rare wiffed dp.

Also gotta work on my antiairs. Jumping HK beating EX Soul Throw? WTF?!

I know there's a way but I just haven't worked it out yet. I felt better this time around but still, lots to learn. Hopefully we go over the finer points next time.

GGs man cheers very much for all the pointers.  :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Cr8zyK1LL3r

First of all, I could counter your jab easily just by doing shoryuken. From what i see you always do lp after the sliding kick over 80% of the time so If i use shoryu 50% of the time I could beat your jab pretty easy and do huge damage on you at the same time. (i noticed 1 shoryuken counter = 12%-15% hp on rose)

Another thing is that you repeat your moves really often (like waking up ultra when ur hp < 20%).

Jumping HK beating EX Soul Throw? WTF?!
I'm pretty sure it's the timing problem.

Can throw counter DP?
depend on the distance.

Pjai

Cr8zyK1LL3r: GGs, my connection was a bit doddgy last night, had to reset my router afterwards. I think my antiair is pretty bad, not stopping any sort of jump ins :(

CptMunta

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 27, 2009, 06:53:14 PM
First of all, I could counter your jab easily just by doing shoryuken. From what i see you always do lp after the sliding kick over 80% of the time so If i use shoryu 50% of the time I could beat your jab pretty easy and do huge damage on you at the same time. (i noticed 1 shoryuken counter = 12%-15% hp on rose)

Another thing is that you repeat your moves really often (like waking up ultra when ur hp < 20%).

Can throw counter DP?

depend on the distance.

Cheers heaps man.

Looking back my gameplan vs you my gameplan looks pretty stupid. Sliding in is pretty safe way to get in alot of the time and can lead to mixups against characters without a dp. It's funny because against Guile I had the same problem then just stopped throwing out the follow up jab.

Next time I'll try some crossups, throws, dashback, FADC or even wait a bit or walk back and see what I can come up with.

As for wakeup Ultra only tagged you a few times with it and it was always a stupid kneejerk to try get back into the game.

Given me alot to think about. Much Appreciated   :)

zos'la

Can throw counter DP?
depend on the distance.

EX soul throw is no different than normal if you did it early and he kicked later or earlier than you throw then you have no invunlebility.

you can't throw counter Dp... unless it has already executed, at start up you just eat it.

btw your are playing one of the best Ryu's around :P so don't feel too bad :D
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CptMunta

Quote from: zosla on July 28, 2009, 08:49:49 AM

Can throw counter DP?
depend on the distance.

EX soul throw is no different than normal if you did it early and he kicked later or earlier than you throw then you have no invunlebility.

you can't throw counter Dp... unless it has already executed, at start up you just eat it.

btw your are playing one of the best Ryu's around :P so don't feel too bad :D

Yeah I know :) It's okay getting owned hard, just not used to it.  ;) But it really shows you the depth and how much there is to learn in this game. Makes me really hungry to improve as well.

It was like my first few games with Hydro, got owned hard first few times we played but after asking questions and learning the ins and outs, now I can hold my own.

The best part about too is that everyone here is humble enough to share their knowledge.

Go the NZISM!

fluxcore

Yeah as long as we're all sharing info and strats we can only get stronger as a whole - which is vital for such a small community to be able to hang with the big dogs.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

SamBo

brodsta_au, owned me hard.
inoxxo that was fun until my power cut.
and then WTF, hydro jim. that was like. a completely different level to me. i felt super lucky to have gotten 2 or 3 single rounds off you out of 35 or so rounds lol. you completely opened my eyes to the game. time for me to go hard lol.

Hydro

Yeah totally, it's like, If I can help you get better, then I can get better too. and if we're all on that page then getting much better is inevitable.

That's why I like fighting Hue, cause he forces you to evolve your game or die horribly. I can say I've improved alot from fighting him, still a little way to go before it feels even though, which is all good cause it gives me something to shoot for.