• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

lol seriously...
and YES lenny soap is good for u, but I know u can smash all of them and make them stfu :P
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

GGS to everyone I played today. ^_^

CptMunta

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 30, 2009, 11:28:54 PM

Yeah man GGs,

Started to find my feet a wee bit more this set. While alot of the time I felt I was playing "Hue Lite" it was cool to see the gaps in my game and what mistakes I was making.

Started seeing a few openings here and there but nothing I could fully exploit. Mainly because I'm burning alot of meter keeping you off me with EX Spirals. One mistake and and it's lights out of Rose and her low stamina low damage output makes it hard to close the gap. Maybe I should work on my hit conform super and Ultra setups more.

Cheers for your patience man. Slowly crawling there.  8)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 30, 2009, 11:28:54 PM
GG's Crazy.
It's always good learning from ya and I picture myself in semi or even finals play when Im playing ya which makes me feel like I am the man! Even though you skooled me lol.

Cheers for the training and catch up soon.

zos'la

CoffinDrop1

GG's to EricsonAU last night too.

You picking up Akuma? Dont think I've seen you using him before. He's pretty good.

As always your guile is strong - Im really have to work on my tech throws and stop being a sitting duck as I have a tendency to sit there and eat throws when up close and personal.

Thanks for the quick 5 sets.

zos'la

play a kara throw ken^^ you will leanr the tech move the hard way lawl.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on July 31, 2009, 12:49:52 PM
GG's to EricsonAU last night too.

You picking up Akuma? Dont think I've seen you using him before. He's pretty good.

As always your guile is strong - Im really have to work on my tech throws and stop being a sitting duck as I have a tendency to sit there and eat throws when up close and personal.

Thanks for the quick 5 sets.

Sorry to but in, but a really good way to learn how to tech throws on reaction is to spend a couple of days just throwing like a madman!  Do nothing but throw your opponent at every given opportunity!  This will teach you to look for when a throw is coming, and will teach your fingers to hit the throw break.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Cr8zyK1LL3r

I have a different way of doing it... But my way sounds like a newbie so i'm not going to mention it here. haha..... basically it's just spamming. :P
IMO, doing tech throw is more like playing mind game than reaction. The frame for us to do a tech throw is too short to react to it. And I hate command throws. :'(

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 31, 2009, 01:47:56 PM
I have a different way of doing it... But my way sounds like a newbie so i'm not going to mention it here. haha..... basically it's just spamming. :P
IMO, doing tech throw is more like playing mind game than reaction. The frame for us to do a tech throw is too short to react to it. And I hate command throws. :'(

Yeah but you can see the setup for the throw coming and react to the situation though is kinda what I mean Hue.  Understanding when a throw attempt can happen and identifying when to make the decision to tech or not.

Whats your way Hue?  Im interested in knowing, cause I think breaking throws is a difficult thing for alot of people to learn.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

I think he's implying he just mashes option select
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Actually, i do have a way of doing tech throw. But it doesn't work 100% and it only works after i block a cross up. So I don't think it's useful anyway.
ANOTHER way to counter a throw is to do SHOOOOOOOOORYUUUUUUUKENNNNNNNNNN every 0.5s lol *fixed* :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 31, 2009, 02:20:50 PM
Actually, i do have a way of doing tech throw. But it doesn't work 100% and it only works after i block a cross up. So I don't think it's useful anyway.
The best way to counter a throw is to do SHOOOOOOOOORYUUUUUUUKENNNNNNNNNN every 0.5s lol

ZOMG PRO SECRETS
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on July 31, 2009, 02:20:50 PM
The best way to counter a throw is to do SHOOOOOOOOORYUUUUUUUKENNNNNNNNNN every 0.5s lol

Flowchart Hue? O.o
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

hah you listen to him boi!!!!
it is hard to tech throw if you don't see them coming. You just have to learn it the hard way like meself :)