• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maelgrim

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 07, 2009, 03:59:54 PM
hey ggs cr8zyk1ll3r , your execution on your links is preeettty good bro, i was getting the mad nerves playing u ONLINE lol, shocking i know, i'm def gonna need a few shots before tourny to calm the nerves, i mean look , i was punishing your whiffed dragons so early it was making me vulnerable LOL.
Before i heard you's talking about nerves i was like  "yeah right,nerves?, pwah" But now i'm scared like a little girl on Halloween , it's not looking good lol.  

C'mon weazzy harden up ;) you gotta win the tourny so the rest of the world will think we suck coz a pad player is national champ   ;D

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: maelgrim on August 07, 2009, 07:08:05 PM
Quote from: weazzyefff on August 07, 2009, 03:59:54 PM
hey ggs cr8zyk1ll3r , your execution on your links is preeettty good bro, i was getting the mad nerves playing u ONLINE lol, shocking i know, i'm def gonna need a few shots before tourny to calm the nerves, i mean look , i was punishing your whiffed dragons so early it was making me vulnerable LOL.
Before i heard you's talking about nerves i was like  "yeah right,nerves?, pwah" But now i'm scared like a little girl on Halloween , it's not looking good lol.  

C'mon weazzy harden up ;) you gotta win the tourny so the rest of the world will think we suck coz a pad player is national champ   ;D

LOL,dont h8 ok, but i alredy sed i won the nz tourny on pad in the"why pad sux" article on eventhubs, and those faggits dont even know where NZ be at,... WTF
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

I don't know what's worse, not knowing where NZ is, or lying about winning the nats. . . dude, that's crazy shit.

GGS:

Simon: A good set as usual my brother. Man, that Dhalsim kicked it up a notch bro, who you been playing lately that made him so damned deadly all of a sudden. Real tough battles vs him with both Viper and mr.Claw. Guile, yeah, I dunno eh, I don't think he sucks he's just not as good as some of the other characters once you get to a profficient level of play, which we both are most definitely are at now. Not sure what to suggest for him in the matches though. . . :)

Apologies to everyone I missed tonight, hope to catch you all before the tourney for some casuals/training.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 07, 2009, 11:04:57 PM
I don't know what's worse, not knowing where NZ is, or lying about winning the nats. . . dude, that's crazy shit

topic closed.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 07, 2009, 11:04:57 PM

Simon: A good set as usual my brother. Man, that Dhalsim kicked it up a notch bro, who you been playing lately that made him so damned deadly all of a sudden. Real tough battles vs him with both Viper and mr.Claw. Guile, yeah, I dunno eh, I don't think he sucks he's just not as good as some of the other characters once you get to a profficient level of play, which we both are most definitely are at now. Not sure what to suggest for him in the matches though. . . :)

Nah haven't even been practicing on him, Dhalsim just leveled up after I dabbled in Rufus and Sakura! :D

Hydro

Leveled up alright, man toughest I've fought. I guess the same thing hapened to my Claw after playing Viper for a while too, suddenly I was zoning and poking people like a pro lol, it takes a little break sometimes to 'break through' a new level with your character. Looks like there's three ways of doing that, probably many more, but I've found #1: fighting much better players #2 Playing other characters as an aside & #3 Sticking with your main character even and most especially when you don't think you can win, or better yet, when you're even AFRAID to play someone.

I found it quite easy to 'Rely' on Boxer for a first few months of learning Viper, mainly because I hated the fact I was getting trumped by people who were clearly not as good, fundamentally, as I was. Took a while for that penny to drop, but one day I was like "STRAIGHT VIPER TO ALL CHALLENGERS! NO MORE BOXER!" and I've not really looked back since. Besides, Boxer and Viper are probably as about as different in terms of "what you have to do to win" than any 2 characters in the game. I'm sure you all know my passion for playing Viper, who I can gladly say is my main character now, and easily the character I'm overall best at. Claw is a little similar, but only recently has he started holding his own against the Aussie guys and many of the other people I have had trouble with in the past. I'm glad for that, as he does deal with certain matches a little easier than Viper does, Honda being THE match in particular, so I have a comfortable option for some people (not too many) at the tourney should the match up be. . . less confident with Viper.

i don't even know why I posted this lol, it's bloody 6:30 in the morning and have already been up for an hour with my kids. . .
too tired and dark to reason with myself to blooody stop TYPING> >  > > > > > > > >  lol

CoffinDrop1

Ash GG's last night.

Hey let me know if you wanna do the Honda Viper match up again sometime. You will definately work out more of a strategy with more match ups. One thing that I think may help you with Honda is with his Head Butt. If Honda throws out a head butt and you block it then punish him with a quick seismo charge (i think thats what its called) Hydro does this well and it definately makes any Honda player more selective about when they throw it out. Otherwise some solid matches in there - good to see ya going hard with Viper and catch up again soon.

Hydro

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on August 08, 2009, 09:05:14 AM
Ash GG's last night.

Hey let me know if you wanna do the Honda Viper match up again sometime. You will definately work out more of a strategy with more match ups. One thing that I think may help you with Honda is with his Head Butt. If Honda throws out a head butt and you block it then punish him with a quick seismo charge (i think thats what its called) Hydro does this well and it definately makes any Honda player more selective about when they throw it out. Otherwise some solid matches in there - good to see ya going hard with Viper and catch up again soon.

Actually you want to reversal MP.TK (thunder knuckle) those blocked HP & MP Headbuts. LP Headbut cannot be punished in this way on block, but it's rarely used unless its at the end of a poke string (Honda pokes lol?), however, LP headbut can be jumped in on afterwards easier cause you're not knocked back quite so far (make sure you jump with MK or LK NOT HK as it sometimes won't reach for some reason and will whiff 90% of the time), also Inst SJ Bk will cross up or tag Honda at that distance too.

Viper Vs Honda is mainly about keeping Honda off his charge at close distance, play with not knocking him down and go for cross up mix ups with jumping MK - overhead - tick throw.

Some do not dos:

DON'T String Seismo's (Super jump canceled) When Honda has meter &/or ultra even at full screen he can go through the second seismo and will score not only the hit but counter hit damage etc.

DON'T be predictable with your jump ins. Honda's Square-jump HP WILL beat everything you've got if you meet in the air, try to inch him closer and go into mix-up mode.

DON'T linger too close for too long when throwing Feints in his face, I've fought a very good Honda (Jorna from Aussie) who would EX.Headbutt when he saw me feint everytime, just go for true block strings or the overhead, as overhead will either beat headbut clean or fly right over the top of it.

DON'T Jump in to a knocked down Honda if he has meter cause of EX.Buttslam. Also, jumping back away from a poke string is also calling for him to Ex.Buttslam, just block and hover in the 'just out of sweep distance' to see which way he's going on his wake up. You can punish blocked buttslams (NOT EX) with C.mp to knuckle, don't throw, FFF unfortunatley won't work here (unlike block Boxer Headbuts ;))

Lastly, DON'T throw a seismo at any time if Honda is in jumping distance towards you, you can and will eat J.HK C.lk Headbut (PLUS SUPER) or worse if you try to get cute with zoning him with seismos cause you think he's off the charge at midscreen range. just stay out of his jump range (Just outside) so you can pressure him if he trys to jump in (either if he's very close with HP.TK or out of range with C.mk - Knuckle) LP.Tk will stop jump ins from this distance also, but the timing is tight, though, luckily, if he does manage to block it, you're at a good distance to SJC Bk over him, or to start a knuckle string cause he won't have charge to retaliate immediately.

Anymore tips just LMK, that's the basic jist of the match. Don't do anything risky, punish his mistakes as best you can (Viper NEEDS to) and stay mobile while keeping him off his charges.

CoffinDrop1

And that Ash in a nutshell...is how Hydro beats me with Viper lol. Good calls there Hydro yeah thunder knuckle thats whats it called : ) Big props to you for helping out - thats why I like the forum - everyones happy to share insights to help each other improve. Better living everybody.

Ashe

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 08, 2009, 09:45:14 AM
snip

thanks so much for the pearls of wisdom hydro & coffindrop, you guys are awesome. i was having trouble vsing some characters cause im lacking a lot of matchup knowledge >< all this time i thought blocked headbutts were unpunishable :c

will definitely soak up all the juicy info and practice :D

CrazyMobius

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on August 08, 2009, 09:05:14 AM
Ash GG's last night.

Hey let me know if you wanna do the Honda Viper match up again sometime. You will definately work out more of a strategy with more match ups.

Yeah bro, I'm definately keen for some Honda practice. I know at least two others that are maining Honda for the tourney so any practice would be good!

Hydro

Quote from: Ashe on August 08, 2009, 11:01:46 AM
Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 08, 2009, 09:45:14 AM
snip

thanks so much for the pearls of wisdom hydro & coffindrop, you guys are awesome. i was having trouble vsing some characters cause im lacking a lot of matchup knowledge >< all this time i thought blocked headbutts were unpunishable :c

will definitely soak up all the juicy info and practice :D

Training mode!

Just set the playback to Headbuts (one of each is usually what I do: lp - mp - hp - ex - super -ultra) and try stuff out.

Oh forgot to mention, you 'can' use Ex.seismo vs Honda at midscreen range cause it's so damned quick, and anybody who can jump it on reaction is either Psychic or the best guesser in the whole world and deserves the win for being a yomi-master. Ex.seismo is a good tool at this distance, and can lead to big damage (As we both know), normal seismo is a no-no at that range or less cause of the 'jump on reaction' as mentioned before.

Yeah, Coffin you should definitely give Mobius a challenge soon, Honda VS Dhalsim is a crazy 50/50 match for both of you.

CoffinDrop1

Hey Hydro - I just did and got wasted lol. GG CrazyMobius - your Sim 2 good for me. That's a tuff match up for me - even Kaos knows this. Sim Zoning is too scary for Honda you gotta pick your moments well. I gotta do some more research on that match up 4 sure.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on August 08, 2009, 01:26:33 PM
Hey Hydro - I just did and got wasted lol. GG CrazyMobius - your Sim 2 good for me. That's a tuff match up for me - even Kaos knows this. Sim Zoning is too scary for Honda you gotta pick your moments well. I gotta do some more research on that match up 4 sure.

Yeah good matches today. Just trial and error. Your Honda's improved heaps. Honda's command throw is a strong threat. Work out ways to scare your opponent with this threat and then punish them with sumo splash as an anti-air.

maelgrim

Quote from: Ashe on August 08, 2009, 11:01:46 AM
all this time i thought blocked headbutts were unpunishable :c

ha ha .. I thought the same thing about Blanka balls (stupid AI) before I found out the hard way recently  ;D
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?