• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

PS3 gg's today to...

EricsonAU, zoning matches always a laugh ;p Solid play on all your chars bro.

Hue, sorry for only 2 losses this week! Lol, lets not give too much away one week before the tourny.

Pjaj, nice to see another person playing Chun! sorry for not doing too many Chun mirrors with you, but i've always viewed them as kinda silly in that the whole purpose of playing chun is she's so uncommon people don't know the match up well enough to predict her mixups.
Keep at it and you'll get more confident with her, try get the footsies \ offense going so you're less easy to read, thats a good first step.
More than happy to do mirrors with you some other time if you want to pick some stuff up.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: Skullator on August 09, 2009, 03:02:53 PM
Hue, sorry for only 2 losses this week! Lol, lets not give too much away one week before the tourny.
o...k..ay...

Ashe

thanks for the games today hydro, those viper mirrors were so much fun :D id get into a mental stun just watching all the flashy lights.. and ther was a lag spike every time i attempted FFF! i swear! >_>

lol fierce tk feint spam in the corner. i failed after like 5 :<

any tips against vega? i felt stupid trying to hit between your block strings lol. have no clue in that matchup... except im supposed to focus absorb your crossover hit from above thing. couldnt get around to doing it for some reason though :( off to training i go

Skullator

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on August 09, 2009, 05:33:23 PM
o...k..ay...

Your lack of hype for a tournament where you plan quit the game to straight after saddens me :(

Gotta appreciate that Ryu is a big problem for me (alot of people actually) and I need every small advantage I can get against them.
Repeating games 1 week before would be donating.

CrazyMobius

Good games again to Coffindrop today. Not much else to say but GGS!

Hydro

Quote from: Ashe on August 09, 2009, 07:15:10 PM
thanks for the games today hydro, those viper mirrors were so much fun :D id get into a mental stun just watching all the flashy lights.. and ther was a lag spike every time i attempted FFF! i swear! >_>

any tips against vega? i felt stupid trying to hit between your block strings lol. have no clue in that matchup... except im supposed to focus absorb your crossover hit from above thing. couldnt get around to doing it for some reason though :( off to training i go

All good Ashe bro. I dunno about that lag bro I got out heaps of FFF's lol!

. . . . . . . . .

Na, there was a bit, I find it seems to happen when I go for the FFF in some matches also . . . it's very strange.  >_< it's like I see you're dizzy, here's my jump in, here's my first feirce . . .THEN I FLASH YELLOW AND DO NOTHING BITCH FEAR ME! lol!!!!!

Hm, VS Claw: The wall dive you can Focus the hit then dash and combo on claw's recovery. For the skyhigh claw (The real fast one that travels through) you have to block high and if it's the cross up one I do on your wakeup, you have to block it forwards!

I personally think Claw is quite a tough match for Viper, all of your cross up BK tricks are gone, and we all know how hard it is to pin Claw down. So, here's what I do:

Rule #1: Like other charge characters, try to keep Claw off the charge.

Keep the pressure on with jump ins in general, especially on his wake up. Squarejump HK is a good tool for air to air in this match and will beat out Walldive if timed right (not too strict) and any Claw jump ins as long as you've predicted and jumped slightly early. If you get a blocked jump in, immediately go into mix-up (which I know we both do very well), but don't over-extend with your pressure: hit a string (Like C.mp XX Feint XX c.mk knuckle/overhead/dash forward throw) - pause to see reaction - then pressure string/jump in again.

Don't try and out poke Claw even if he blocks your Knuckle strings, his will beat all of yours. I usually jump back (HOWEVER I'm really trying not to do this, as it's not good idea to let up pressure) or dash backwards (Much better) to gage the response, then approach again. You 'can' go for Ex.seismo after a blocked string, and if at a decent distance, overhead or SJC BK. Don't be too eager, unless the hits are connecting, if they are, just mix up with your feints and overhead/throws and the round is yours.

Claw's Walldive is hard to block, so don't bother, I always Focus when I see him going for it, then you can bait the follow up, or move in by dash if they decide to abort.

You should be able to EX.Seismo before the last hit of Claw's rolling crystal flash (I'm not 100% on this), but afterwards he's safe, and again, will win any poke wars should you decide to try it on at that distance. Watch the Launch kick after his poke strings, it will beat all you've got incl Ex.Seismo except HP.tk (which is risky as we both know) Just be patient, block and then go about building pressure when the dust settles from his offense.

Hmmm, there's probably a bit more, but it's better to discuss in person. Hope to see you at the tourney bro, you should definitely enter too my friend, VIPER FTW!!!!

CptMunta

GGs and my apologies to Imagneto,

Like I said my in-laws are staying from germany and their laptop is screwing with my ip settings I reckon. Kicking me randomly out of PSN. Should have things running smoothly from Wednesday onwards.

Really tight games though down to the wire alot of the time.
First game was really close till the Random DC! Argh!
Was stoked about landing that FB Reversal Ultra, Ultra in the second match though.

Can't wait to catch up and play some casuals hopefully b4 the tourney.

Played Brodsta_AU right after you.

Started with Gief which wasn't too scary, won that match quite comfortably. But Mags your damn right right about his Bison. Really awesome mindgames and his execution is helluva tight.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Ashe

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 09, 2009, 09:40:10 PM
Quote from: Ashe on August 09, 2009, 07:15:10 PM

*PEARLS OF WISDOM HERE*

cant thank you enough for these. your points on honda ealier helped tonnes too! thanks heaps man :D

and yes the mysterious lag always follows after a dizzy.. hrmmmmmmmm. evil anti FFF spirits cant interfere in the tourney though >)

VIPER FTW!!

Pjai

PS3 gg's today to...

EricsonAU, zoning matches always a laugh ;p Solid play on all your chars bro.

Pjaj, nice to see another person playing Chun! sorry for not doing too many Chun mirrors with you, but i've always viewed them as kinda silly in that the whole purpose of playing chun is she's so uncommon people don't know the match up well enough to predict her mixups.
Keep at it and you'll get more confident with her, try get the footsies \ offense going so you're less easy to read, thats a good first step.
More than happy to do mirrors with you some other time if you want to pick some stuff up.

Cheers Skull, look forward to the next set, should be able to play more games nxt time round :)

Hydro

O.k, This is the Week my friends, Nationals in THIS WEEKEND! Let's get our PSN warriors competing o.k?

I'm going to be on every evening this week, starting from this afternoon from about 4pm onwards (Maybe some short breaks inbetween). Thurs - Fri from about 6:30pm I'd say.

Please ask if you'd like some training if you're planning on attending and competing on the weekend. I'm happy to run through people's problem match ups (I can play most of the cast decently I think) and am only tooo happy to help you guys get some confidence for the nationals. Got problems with Boxer, I'll help out! Got some Chun issues, I'm there? Need to jam against some crazy Geif styles? look me up. Seriously guys, most if not all of you are up to a decent standard and SHOULD be competing this weekend, you can't pay for the sort of experience it will give you, so get online and let's do this!

look forward to seeing everyone tonight!

zos'la

Good stuff James, good to see people like yourself offering help!!!
A true Sensei on PSN!!!

You bunhc of lucky basa!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Pjai

how many SF4 machines will be running for casuals for those who are eliminated early on the day ( likely to be me lol >_<)?

CptMunta

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 10, 2009, 10:14:46 AM
O.k, This is the Week my friends, Nationals in THIS WEEKEND! Let's get our PSN warriors competing o.k?

I'm going to be on every evening this week, starting from this afternoon from about 4pm onwards (Maybe some short breaks inbetween). Thurs - Fri from about 6:30pm I'd say.

Please ask if you'd like some training if you're planning on attending and competing on the weekend. I'm happy to run through people's problem match ups (I can play most of the cast decently I think) and am only tooo happy to help you guys get some confidence for the nationals. Got problems with Boxer, I'll help out! Got some Chun issues, I'm there? Need to jam against some crazy Geif styles? look me up. Seriously guys, most if not all of you are up to a decent standard and SHOULD be competing this weekend, you can't pay for the sort of experience it will give you, so get online and let's do this!

My problem matchups

Hue's Ryu,

Your Vega,

;)

Seriously though I need more Blanka experience and Vega. Some of Rose's bad matchups I've been toe to toe with lately so that's cool. But Blanka and Vega give me headaches.

Hopefully I catch u online (If my connection holds up  :( ). Maybe we should make our own PSN chat room and invite other NZISM PSN peeps in so we can dissect and discuss as we go.

I'm pretty hype atm really looking forward to meet you all in person and play some crazy casuals too. Goodtimes!
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

CrazyMobius

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 10, 2009, 10:14:46 AM

Yeah Bro. We can trade match ups via text. Muwa ha ha ha!!!

Hydro

Pjai: All machines will be used for the tourney from what we know ATM, though I'm sure as the day goes on that will change. Probably by the time of the semis you'd have a free console or two.

Munta: Yeah, can't help with Ryu I'm afraid, your's is better than mine anyway lol! Hue's gonna be a problem fro everyone there, so best you can do is hope you don't fight him! haha. As for the claw match, yeah, for some reason he does a little better then my Viper does against your Rose. I'm not too sure about the ins and outs of the Rose Claw match as the only people I've ever played are you and Frung, of which your's is the better one. I'd say Claw is one of those opponents where you just have to have a good pressure game, and eliminate the space he has to work with. . . Like I posted about Viper vs Claw above, you pretty much wanna do the same thing, but can feel slighly more confident in a footsie/poking match as Rose's pokes are pretty good and can easily rival Claw's within range. I was sauing to Simon (crazymobius) that You, Coffin & Mike are probably the only people I'd really consider playing Claw over Viper for particular match ups, but well see how that pans out on the day.

EDIT: For Blanka, Simon (Mobius) can definitely help there, mine's o.k too.

Anyways, try to jump on tonight my friend, and we'll jam.

Andy: Cheers bro, you should rally the troops on PC too bro.