• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pjai

I thought it would be problems with SF4. i think the general SF4 online system is pretty poorly made. they seriously need to deploy a lobby system...

Skullator

Yeah, it would be nice if sf2 hd remixes lobby feature was included with street fighter IV lol..

zos'la

Is it only for PS3???
I have not expecrience such issues on PC sure about xbox...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah it's probably the wireless to blame,and i play alot of Aus too.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

GGS:

Weazzy: Our connection was bad bro, heck, all good though. Good to see the Sagat practice has been paying off. :)

Pjai: GGS bro, your Ryu zoning is tight now, definitely great to fight against. Come and say hi on the weekend bro, I hope you're going to compete and not just spectate.

Simon/Mobius: GGS bro, Ruf - Gief was lol. Glad to see the fresh Chun li styles in there too, you always manage to throw me more than any other challenger, it's like my spidersense doesn't work on you! VENOM!!!

CptMunta

Finally got my connection sussed. Hooray!!!

GGs Imagneto

Cool to play some Bison mirrors. Some really close matches. I gotta tighten up my antiair game a bit. We chatted more than played, but good to share Bison notes. Be cool to get some casuals in pre-post tourney. 4 bar connection rocks by the way. Who's your ISP?

GGs Coffindrop

Cool to see you still rocking the Honda. As a part-time member of the "fellowish of the flab" I'll tell you what I noticed.

Be more aggressive, especially vs Rose, try not to sit on charge too much as it leaves you open to crossups, throws and the like. Also keeps you out of mixup range and Honda's mixups are hella sick.

Comboing into hands from jumpins, standing HP and Forward and HK is power awesome. Honda can take damage and dish it out. Rose has really low health and doesn't have high damage output.

Also try and work out a way to punish more. If your throwing out a focus have something ready to go just in case Cr. MK into Headbutt, ultra, Command grab etc..

If you wanna play a good Honda try dirtymouk  his Honda is sick, comes at you like steamroller and is hard to shake off.

Here's the match with Eduardo vs Sanford (Ed loses but man he puts up a good fight):

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1840331/highlight/9960

Starts at around the 1:20 mark.

GGs man  :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 11, 2009, 07:53:50 PM
GGS:

Weazzy: Our connection was bad bro, heck, all good though. Good to see the Sagat practice has been paying off. :)
Yeah my filters are fucked, i was quickly picking up the phone and hanging it up so it wouldn't dc, but then some wanker just wouldn't give up and my lil sis answered it. GGs anyways your vipers def gone more mental (crazy slapper).
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Pjai

GGS:
Pjai: GGS bro, your Ryu zoning is tight now, definitely great to fight against. Come and say hi on the weekend bro, I hope you're going to compete and not just spectate.

Cheers for the set bro, dont worry i will playing on the weekend :P
still cant get my anti air game going :/ maybe my reaction is jst too slow to perform a HP shoryuken LOL

Hydro

Quote from: Pjai on August 12, 2009, 09:16:25 AM
GGS:

Cheers for the set bro, dont worry i will playing on the weekend :P
still cant get my anti air game going :/ maybe my reaction is jst too slow to perform a HP shoryuken LOL

Yeah, I don't really jump unless it's safe anyway, so don't feel too bad. Some people just continuously motion the shortcut for shoryuken (df, d, df) then if you see someone jump, just hit punch (or piano punches) and a shoryuken will (most likely) come out. It is hard to shoryu from a blocking position, but I think your zoning game is one of the best I've seen from the kiwi guys, you should be using the strong ground game you've got with Ryu to be able to predict or at least anticipate when a jump is coming.

Catch up one of these nights bro, if not Saturday!!!

HoneyBadger

^ It's also called playing online, sometimes your shit just wont come out when it should. See if it's different for you on Sat
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 12, 2009, 08:56:04 AM
GGs anyways your vipers def gone more mental (crazy slapper).
Yeah bro that Viper is scarier than ever! James be puttin' in the hard yards where I've only managed a few hours in the last two weeks with design work, moving house etc.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: geneterror on August 12, 2009, 10:35:30 AM
Quote from: weazzyefff on August 12, 2009, 08:56:04 AM
GGs anyways your vipers def gone more mental (crazy slapper).
Yeah bro that Viper is scarier than ever! James be puttin' in the hard yards where I've only managed a few hours in the last two weeks with design work, moving house etc.
Aye rats bro, i been playing all night till 5 in the morning, wake up in the afternoon and do it again, i'm on Aus time.Probably wasting my time if i get put on stick though, but its allgood.

Pjai

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 12, 2009, 10:58:56 AM
Aye rats bro, i been playing all night till 5 in the morning, wake up in the afternoon and do it again, i'm on Aus time.Probably wasting my time if i get put on stick though, but its allgood.

wish i could be doing that  :-[

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: CptMunta on August 12, 2009, 12:13:02 AM
Finally got my connection sussed. Hooray!!!

GGs Imagneto

Cool to play some Bison mirrors. Some really close matches. I gotta tighten up my antiair game a bit. We chatted more than played, but good to share Bison notes. Be cool to get some casuals in pre-post tourney. 4 bar connection rocks by the way. Who's your ISP?

GGs Coffindrop

Cool to see you still rocking the Honda. As a part-time member of the "fellowish of the flab" I'll tell you what I noticed.

Be more aggressive, especially vs Rose, try not to sit on charge too much as it leaves you open to crossups, throws and the like. Also keeps you out of mixup range and Honda's mixups are hella sick.

Comboing into hands from jumpins, standing HP and Forward and HK is power awesome. Honda can take damage and dish it out. Rose has really low health and doesn't have high damage output.

Also try and work out a way to punish more. If your throwing out a focus have something ready to go just in case Cr. MK into Headbutt, ultra, Command grab etc..

If you wanna play a good Honda try dirtymouk  his Honda is sick, comes at you like steamroller and is hard to shake off.

Here's the match with Eduardo vs Sanford (Ed loses but man he puts up a good fight):

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1840331/highlight/9960

Starts at around the 1:20 mark.

GGs man  :)
Thanks CptMunta. I know we havent played for a while but its like I didnt progress at all playing against your Rose. It's like damn what else can I do. I was totally bummed jumping into your Ultra its like I saw the set up but still fell for it dammit lol.

Appreciate the feedback and its something I never really thought about until I saw the Eduardo match which did make me think that I definately sit on that charge and need to be more aggressive moving forward with my attacks and not sitting back as much. Good observation and something for me to add to my gameplan. DirtyMouk will check out his user ID and see if I can get some first hand exp.

Thanks heaps and look forward to meeting ya on Saturday. Also GG's - Rose is looking very sharp and well tuned for the big 1.

Hydro

Damn Simon we had to put our training on hold tonight, 1 bar???!!! Q_Q crazy shit.

Coffin: Check Jorna on PSN too, and DK69DK, they both play Honda well.

GGS tonight:

Elimination_: Great training as usual, I know you probably don't visit these forums much, but going up against your Ryu/Akuma/Sagat has helped my match-ups considerably bro. Thank you Senpai!

Pjai: I'd just come off the back of a good set of games vs Elimination, so my Claw/Viper vs Ryu gameplan was on point. Hope to have another set of ten with you tomorrow night.

. . . . . . TWO DAYS TIL THE TOURNEY GET PRACTICING HARD OUT BROTHERS

BGS: Laggy muthafuckin one bar matches on championship mode. Three bar is bad enough for timing, but one bar with Viper it's UNPLAYABLE!