• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Awesome games to Geneterror666 yesterday. Surprising how a lot of that stuff came flooding back. Those games were definitely the best connection I've had on HDR.

geneterror

Yeah bro those games were awesome. I was REALLY rusty but like you say it all starts flooding back after a while. The 'sim mirror was awesome! I don't really know how to approach some matchups ie. T.Hawk.
Lookin' forward to more.
KOW 2011

CptMunta

Opened all the ports needed on my router, for smoother PS3 action. Also found out my Download speed is good but my upload is nonexistent!

Gonna try a different plan for a month and see how I go. 3 bars seems on SF4  seems to be quite a varied connection. The lower side of 3 bars sucks and is like fighting in custard and upper is ok (Just can't rely on links certain combos etc)

4 bars plays a dream compared to that. Hopefully having download speed and upload speed on Unlimited will help get more 4 bar connections.  ???
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

geneterror

Last time we played it was awesome.

ggs Ericsonau. 5 bar connection! Keep working at that Akuma bro, I'm always happy to be a sparring partner. I have a couple of characters I need to work on anyway like Rufus.
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on September 14, 2009, 11:28:16 AM
Yeah bro those games were awesome. I was REALLY rusty but like you say it all starts flooding back after a while. The 'sim mirror was awesome! I don't really know how to approach some matchups ie. T.Hawk.
Lookin' forward to more.

On that note. I really like the changes that they made to the game. T.Hawk got rid of that ridiculous rebound he use to have and Chun Li's SBK is much more practical. Some of these things seem to be a little outside the world of Street Fighter though. (Chun Lis SBK especially) but it does make for a more balanced game.

OMG Ryu's fake fireball! Too cool!

geneterror

Yeah I'm one of the people that thinks that changes are for the better, even Sagats toger knee juggle.
I think Chun has def been improved and Dhalsims upwards flame is awesome vs Vega wall jumpers. It is amazing how often Ryu's fake fireball works haha.
One of the only things I think is to powerful is the speed of Zangiefs k+spd. That shit is insane if you're cornered.
KOW 2011

CptMunta

GGs Ericsonau

Are you Ericson from the tourney? You got your revenge! Hopefully I'm more switched on next time so I can get re-revenge!
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

CoffinDrop1

GGs to Erugoodwin. Finally we get to battle online. I've been reading a lot about your Abel and was good to see what it was like first hand. Epic battles Honda vs Abel. You use the roll well to cross up - the most I have ever faced actually and it really came down to wire.

Manawakore the night prior - bro your Bison was too tricky for me - kept falling for that throw too much. Then your Akuma was also 2 good. Shot brother - look forward to getting my revenge next battles lol. You didnt even pull out the big guns with your Gen. Ggs man.

electric

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on September 15, 2009, 05:19:23 PM
GGs to Erugoodwin. Finally we get to battle online. I've been reading a lot about your Abel and was good to see what it was like first hand. Epic battles Honda vs Abel. You use the roll well to cross up - the most I have ever faced actually and it really came down to wire.

Yeah man they were good games... I REALLY need to learn the Honda match up -- it seems like every one I play these days picks Honda haha... Will be good to get some more matches in so we can both learn the respective match up a bit more -- I could tell you were struggling with the roll resets, so I was just abusing the crap out of it -- it seemed to be the only way I could actually pinch myself some damage, as getting in on Honda is a BITCH haha

Also GG's tonight to toomekke -- there must have been something super crazy going on on your side, because that was one of the better connections I've had in a while -- I could tell you weren't playing at 100% either because there's just no way I would have been able to win all those rounds that I won haha... I thought your Ryu would have given me a bit more trouble than he did, but again -- it must have been the lag or something. I find that Ryu is one of my worst match ups, so it'll be good to get some more practice in against you on a better day
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[8-----D] Toots

electric: The connection was pretty good probably just me being picky after having a five bar connection with crazymobius. A lot of my game relies on reacting to what the other player is doing so I'm not too flash at playing online. Your Able is real good man. It's cool to see someone who has really taken the time to read and learn about their character. Nice use of Cl.Roundhouse that shit is realllly good aye. If I could give ya some advice it would be to block more often, jump around a little less and don't use the meaty wheel kick too often. I was trying to DP it every time I saw it but I guess the input delay was too much to do that online. 

Ohh and my Ryu is poo's as. Probably won't learn much from playing me. Would be sweet to play you offline some day.

Crazymobius: GGs man. That connection was pretty good aye. Awesome to see your using more combos now  8)

electric

Thanks dude -- I consider myself more of a theory fighter than being actually any good at playing lol... close standing roundhouse is a really good meaty since it stuffs jump outs and hits overhead if you try to crouch block. I have actually been trying to work on my blocking game haha, but it tends to get me thrown a lot as I only really play online too... I jump wayyyy too much, but just can't seem to stop doing it... I use it as way to get in when I'm getting impatient... I also rarely use wheel kick, but just saw it was working so well so I kept throwing it out haha -- thanks for the tips bro

Definitely keen to have a few games in a lag free environment... May head to Yifans tomorrow around lunch time
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Toomeke on September 15, 2009, 07:57:42 PM

Crazymobius: GGs man. That connection was pretty good aye. Awesome to see your using more combos now  8)

Yeah I was surprised to see 5 bars! As for combos I was thinking I was playing pretty budget in the combo department. Ha ha. Good fun games. Your execution is real solid now.

maelgrim

Quote from: electric on September 15, 2009, 08:12:22 PM
Thanks dude -- I consider myself more of a theory fighter than being actually any good at playing lol...

Theory fighter haha :) love it
Thats me - all those hours reading the boards & about 2 mins actual playing :)
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

zos'la

Quote from: electric on September 15, 2009, 08:12:22 PM
Thanks dude -- I consider myself more of a theory fighter than being actually any good at playing lol... close standing roundhouse is a really good meaty since it stuffs jump outs and hits overhead if you try to crouch block. I have actually been trying to work on my blocking game haha, but it tends to get me thrown a lot as I only really play online too... I jump wayyyy too much, but just can't seem to stop doing it... I use it as way to get in when I'm getting impatient... I also rarely use wheel kick, but just saw it was working so well so I kept throwing it out haha -- thanks for the tips bro

Definitely keen to have a few games in a lag free environment... May head to Yifans tomorrow around lunch time

hope to see u at yifans :) ill be there around 3 ish
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: CptMunta on September 15, 2009, 08:20:57 AM
GGs Ericsonau

Are you Ericson from the tourney? You got your revenge! Hopefully I'm more switched on next time so I can get re-revenge!

Change your avatar.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA