• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffinDrop1

GG's to Manawakore last night. 9 games total. Both at 4 wins each and it all boiled down to the final match Honda VS Gen. Bro your Gen is awesome! I hate Gen cause he's got moves that I'm not used to so not sure on how to counter, defend them compared to other more commonly used characters. Also not sure on his weak spots and stuff so be good to try that match up more often. Glad that I took that last 1 out though hahaha! Revenge for the last battle we had where you pretty much dominated. Shot for the games though man most of them were "edge of the couch" material!

CptMunta

GGs iMagneto

Cool to see you rockin the Sakura and Akuma. Sakura seems really momentum based once she's on a roll and keeps guessing right on the mixups it leads to a ton of stun. Was happy with my games, just came off a long set before our set and was cool to see my antics worked  :) Thanks for the complements on my Rose.

Your Bison still owns me though. I gotta work out a way to out poke him and break up some of his offense so I can start my own poke wars.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Ashe

GGs toomeke
those were some real fun matches. near the end i couldnt think straight and kept missing stuff though haha. i was thinking of picking up ken myself but his cool tatsu combo (cr.lk > lp > cr.mk > tatsu) doesnt work on crouching opponents which was a let down :(

i need so much more matchup knowledge with viper, your boxer helped me alot today. getting hit by sagat's roundhouse = OMFG

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Ashe on October 02, 2009, 06:37:00 PM
GGs toomeke
those were some real fun matches. near the end i couldnt think straight and kept missing stuff though haha. i was thinking of picking up ken myself but his cool tatsu combo (cr.lk > lp > cr.mk > tatsu) doesnt work on crouching opponents which was a let down :(

i need so much more matchup knowledge with viper, your boxer helped me alot today. getting hit by sagat's roundhouse = OMFG

Use c.lp instead of the standing one. The timing is tighter, but it works.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 03, 2009, 01:28:11 AM
Quote from: Ashe on October 02, 2009, 06:37:00 PM
GGs toomeke

Use c.lp instead of the standing one. The timing is tighter, but it works.
He means the tatsumaki not the fucking stand lp. Wait he's ducking the s lp , hmmmmm, i got it !!! try cr lp, the timing is a little harder but it works.

Just do the DP if they ducking. But Ken doesn't like it when people make him do combos.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Ashe

mm yeah i meant the tatsu. unless you bring the opponent to a standing position by using cr.fp they wont get hit by the tatsu

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Of course he meant that. My bad. Im a retard.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CoffinDrop1

Triple post!!! lol Quick GG recap.

EricsonAU - GGS Guile still a bugger to get in on especially when you sonic then anti air with guiles air throws. You really got the timing down on that which made it hard for my Honda to get up close and personal. Im trying out Abel and it was definately a different match up with him vs your guile. Still learning his combos and mix ups etc but he's fun to play.

Geneterror - GG's you showed me I still have a bit to learn about other characters. Your Rufus, Bison and Sakura were strong. I need to learn that Rufus jump in link to ultra so better spend more time in training to practice that. Bison was tricky too. Oh and you showed me a thing or 2 about Abel - I remembered from one of the first grind sessions that you were playing him so I knew that you had some good experience using him which was good for me to see some of the tactics you used with him for my own learning.

iMagneto - Sakura resets damn had me confused there for a while didnt know what to do lol. Sakura is coming along nice. Akuma combos you got those sussed too. Was nice to see your Dictator again havent played him for a while - that last Honda Bison battle was so close it wasnt funny - a nice battle so sign off with.

Thanks for the sparring session guys - I'm still lovin my SF4 sessions and just wanting to learn more about other characters! Hopefully have most of them sussed before SSF4 comes out  ;D

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CoffinDrop1

CptMunta

GGs Elimination_

Awesome viper rose match the lagg making us miss our links.

Any of you guys played PuNK54U?

He's pretty damn sick with most of the cast. Had to work pretty hard to win half the matches Punk won.

I gotta get back into playing NZism folk again rather than just leave a lobby open and see who I get. 70% I just get rushdown Ryu players with the same ol' stuff. Sometimes I bump into some really good matches.

Especially you guys with 4 bar connections. I played my first offline game in ages and it took some getting used to.

CptMunta

GGs iMagneto

Some epic games in our set. Cool to try out some different match ups and tricks. Really awesome games a usual.

GGs EricsonAU

Revenge on Revenge! Good set of games as usual. Was waiting you to bust out some Guile USA Justice on me but tryed Rogster instead.

GGs Pantiethief

You probably don't post on here but GGs all the same. Feel like I'm able to close the gap more in our matches.

Geneterror

Will try get some games in on Thursday but am on most nights anyway. Try flicking me an invite even when I have the busy icon on. Alot the time I got a match open while doing other stuff and just wanna see who joins the room.

In general. Lots of people picking up Sakura now doing her crazy rush down mixup tricks now. cool to see. Also alot of Cammy's too, lots of post evo tomfoolery methinks.

Can't wait for SSF4 lobbys. Whoever with the best connection on NZISM hosting and seeing what randoms join the room. Schooled then dropped the URL  ;)

CoffinDrop1

GG's to reigning South Island champ - Cpt Munta  ;)

Not sure what was up with the lag as I'm pretty sure we generally have a good connection. I can only imagine what lag does for the game tactics of Rose. I think more impact on her than a Honda player cause his charge moves arent as affected - I could be wrong. Felt that you werent able to reveal your true Roseness due to laggy connex. Nevertheless great games - would have been waaaay better in person though over a few cold ones lol. Bison is still a tuff customer. I cant believe how Bison pulls off those poke strings into Scissor kick - gotta keep on moving or counter it as it starts otherwise it's sitting duck material. Also must say your Cammy was very good too. Cheers bro.

CptMunta

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on October 07, 2009, 07:35:30 AM
GG's to reigning South Island champ - Cpt Munta  ;)

Not sure what was up with the lag as I'm pretty sure we generally have a good connection. I can only imagine what lag does for the game tactics of Rose. I think more impact on her than a Honda player cause his charge moves arent as affected - I could be wrong. Felt that you werent able to reveal your true Roseness due to laggy connex. Nevertheless great games - would have been waaaay better in person though over a few cold ones lol. Bison is still a tuff customer. I cant believe how Bison pulls off those poke strings into Scissor kick - gotta keep on moving or counter it as it starts otherwise it's sitting duck material. Also must say your Cammy was very good too. Cheers bro.

LOL unchallenged reining South Island champ. Apart from his brother, his brother's flatmate and his brother's best friend ;D

Yeah lagg for Rose sucks hard. Up against anyone especially shotos your mincemeat. I was loosing to guy before you I know could have beaten without lagg. Switched to Bison, Honda and Dhalsim and cleaned up. You also need to be able to run away and when the game slows down and your right in someones face, there goes your mixup.

Your Honda is owning the screen now. You are also right in my face alot of the time mixing up footsies with EX headbutts and good pokes. Your air to air game is solid as too. Have you tryed adding jumping forward/back MP into your arsenal? That move owns air to air I reckon, underrated. Also straight up and HK isn't a solid as HP (Since you can't steer it) but looks helluva cool. Hugo Parry!

geneterror

Hey Marc, I'll be on about 8:45 tomorrow (Thurs) night for some games! Hope we can get 4 bar again like last time.
KOW 2011