• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffinDrop1

Cheers for the tips Cpt - never really used jump MP at all so will give it a bash. Agreed on the HP steering styles too.

GG's to Erugoodwin last night. Nice quick set. Bro loved that Main swap match - I was cracking up throughout that one. Dont know how many of his overhead punch moves I whiffed man - always seem to do that air grab move. I was thinking that would have been a good opp for you to see how I would tackle Honda with Abel but then again my Abel is...well let's just say has a lot to learn. Good to play your Abel again - always gotta be on full alert with him cos you never know what he's gonna do next. You are getting those Sakura juggles sorted - looking pretty dangerous with her too. Thanks for the session.

geneterror

ggs last night Brad (Akuma1NZ), was good to be able to talk on the mic while playing. Had a chat to the mrs and I won't be able to organise a jam until early (first week) November. My friends bands are opening for a U.S band called Terror so I'll be catching up with a lot of out of towners that weekend, then my next two weekends are busy with work. Def keen to have a few of you guys over at the start of Nov though!
KOW 2011

CptMunta

GGs Erugoodwin

Man last night you were throwing out the tricks. Juggles, mixups, links! A whole ton of shit that I'd never seen before. Lagg spikes rared their ugly head during some of the matches, fucked with our execution at some points, but it was a good time to be had by all! With Rose vs Abel I always have to stay in control of the match. One slip up and I loose half my life and have to break your momentum to get it back!

Cool random select styles and our shoto shodown was classic. GGs man.

Geneterror, I'll catch you tonight for some vs action! Congrats on your friends scoring the support for a US band. We had the chance to support skinless once apon a time but our guitarist turned them down without asking us. Booooooo! Be cool to see who you're maining now and what not.  :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

electric

Quote from: CptMunta on October 08, 2009, 01:46:05 PM
GGs Erugoodwin

Man last night you were throwing out the tricks. Juggles, mixups, links! A whole ton of shit that I'd never seen before. Lagg spikes rared their ugly head during some of the matches, fucked with our execution at some points, but it was a good time to be had by all! With Rose vs Abel I always have to stay in control of the match. One slip up and I loose half my life and have to break your momentum to get it back!

Cool random select styles and our shoto shodown was classic. GGs man.

Geneterror, I'll catch you tonight for some vs action! Congrats on your friends scoring the support for a US band. We had the chance to support skinless once apon a time but our guitarist turned them down without asking us. Booooooo! Be cool to see who you're maining now and what not.  :)

Yeah man those were some good games... I ended up finding the culprit for our lag spikes though... I accidentally left my torrent client on :( sucks! That's probably why we kept getting those random disconnects too...

I do think you have some sort of gypsy channel going on when you pike rose though, your ume spirals were ridiculous... every time I thought I could put the pressure on with a close range focus, out comes the glass breaker :(

I've been playing a few other characters lately (mostly Sakura and Ryu) so my Abel game has suffered a bit... He's definitely a character based on momentum and intimidation tactics, which aren't exactly easy to accentuate when playing with lag spikes and 3 bars haha

I was very impressed with your Dhalsim though -- have you been playing with him for very long ? I think the only real thing you lacked was the match up knowledge, but your execution (except that one taunt LOL) was definitely solid. GG's
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CptMunta

Electric

When I first played SF4 I was leaning towards using Sim and Bison. But Sim was too hard to play in lagg and everyone was using Bison so I picked Rose instead.

GGs Geneterror

Sorry to keep you waiting so long man. HD Remix games we played where fun. I should have made it a private room. That guy showed us just how rusty we are. Half the time I was like SIm can't air tele in this game, You can't dash, Tech throws after the throw etc... Glad I got the win on him though. Had to just revert to Hyper fighting Ryu zoning tactics.

Awesome run on SF4 man. When you picked Gief vs my Cammy I was like.... "fuck". Good set of matches. Your Rufus has improved heaps. I had to be VERY careful that Jumping HK EX snake strike takes off like half of Rose's life! That last match was hard out. You made some killer comebacks.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

geneterror

yeah ggs bro. I was getting a bit frustrated with Rufus. I haven't missed that many Ultras off the HK in ages, also I couldn't get my EX Messiahs to come out between your pokes like I normally can. Was funny when you had Cammy you stopped doing those cannon drills pretty quick, those SPDs really hurt Cammy haha. All round though that was fun, I was just getting a bit tired as well towards the end.

See you guys online this weekend!
KOW 2011

Hydro

GGS!

Innox10:
Good battles my bro, good to see you're improving well. Good choice in boxer too may I add.

Coldfire:
Viper mirrors rule. I don't know if you're a kiwi or ozzie, but eh connection was really good for a three bar (like no lag on my side). Catch up soon. :D

Everyone else: If you see me online, send me an invite, I need the practice! :D

zos'la

I really should get a PS3 too lol, been playing too many oz boys on PC.
WTB sponsor for a ps3 :P
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on October 09, 2009, 08:51:22 AM

Put your dancing shoes on and busk on queen street.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Quote from: zosla on October 09, 2009, 08:51:22 AM

Still got all the money from the tourneys that we're supposed to pay Ben and Graeme with? Yeah well give it to me so I can buy a ps3.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on October 09, 2009, 08:10:16 AM
GGS!

Innox10:
Good battles my bro, good to see you're improving well. Good choice in boxer too may I add.

Coldfire:
Viper mirrors rule. I don't know if you're a kiwi or ozzie, but eh connection was really good for a three bar (like no lag on my side). Catch up soon. :D

Everyone else: If you see me online, send me an invite, I need the practice! :D
Yo is that Coldfire dude that tekken 6 player from Hamilton, was he any good at SF4?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

Different coldfire I'm pretty sure. There are at least 2 in nz.

Gino said hamilton coldfire was playing Sagat at some point, I don't think he's much good at SF though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I think coldfire is a 2-person deal, kind of like gankatron :P

The guy that entered the nats under coldfire was using chun-li, but his mate (didnt enter) plays viper. Ive seen both of them at yifans a few times.

No idea who the one from hamilton is though.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 09, 2009, 02:03:21 PM
I think coldfire is a 2-person deal, kind of like gankatron :P

The guy that entered the nats under coldfire was using chun-li, but his mate (didnt enter) plays viper. Ive seen both of them at yifans a few times.

No idea who the one from hamilton is though.

That Viper dude has got A LOT better. Also props to your Ken the other day Bill. Doing some crazy shiznit.