• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

GGS today/tonight

Eru: Great set again, thanks for your patience with my budding Gen games. . .slowly getting used to fighting the regulars with him. Randoms were hilarious too! Catch up soon as.

Coldfire.v2: Great set, love the Viper mirrors always! Hope to play in person one day soon.

Elimination_: Great Akuma/Chun vs Gen battles (as usual). My connection died at the end there so yeah, I look forward to the next sets we have senpai.

iMagneto

Quote from: zosla on November 02, 2009, 01:43:29 PM
Ryu la
Sagay la
Chun la
Cammy la
Gief la
Guile la
Sakura la
Akuma la
Ken la
Gouken la

for now la, that is all la.

haha i play ryu, akuma, gouken, chunli, Bison, Balrog, Sagat, Sakura, Zangief, Dan, Abel, and Vega 

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: iMagneto on November 02, 2009, 11:54:02 PM
Quote from: zosla on November 02, 2009, 01:43:29 PM
Ryu la
Sagay la
Chun la
Cammy la
Gief la
Guile la
Sakura la
Akuma la
Ken la
Gouken la

for now la, that is all la.

haha i play ryu, akuma, gouken, chunli, Bison, Balrog, Sagat, Sakura, Zangief, Dan, Abel, and Vega 
Dont you play Rufus anymore?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

How gay does it look when someone puts 'la' at the end of a word/sentence?

Pretty fucking gay imo.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

OK ah, you think its lame eh? Its very similar to what I just used at teh end of the sentence, things such a "eh" or "huh" an expression at the end of the sentence. Its like This and that and this and that.

anyways it gets ghay using some many cast, you will get bad at your main after using all the characters,,, so need constant practicing with your main also.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on November 03, 2009, 08:45:22 AM

anyways it gets ghay using some many cast, you will get bad at your main after using all the characters,,, so need constant practicing with your main also.

I disagree to an extent... but don't I always? :D I do agree however, that you should have a long term goal for one character, as in, having a conscious choice to 'make that character your best' as opposed to just playing whoever.

My choice for that (Since Feb) is Viper as you probably know. Though I like the idea of a secondary (Claw) and/or tertiary characters (Rufus/Gen/Chun) as a compliment to the 'Viper (main) training'

I often find my Viper game improves notably when I've been playing other characters, such as Gen and Rufus, for a little while. I think it helps to play other characters when you feel you've reached a skill plateau with your main character choice, it can often open up other ideas you may have been unable to see if you had of stuck to playing just the one character.

For example, I played a bit of Boxer and Chun li over the weekend, and just going over the subtle things those characters do to form a ground advantage gave me some ideas to try with viper at where I am at her level, such as implimenting Sweeps and FADC seismo reset tricks to hold an advantage easier. I probably wouldn't have tried it if I had of just stuck with her in the matches instead of doing a bit of random play with the secondary choices. 

electric

Quote from: hydrokinesis on November 02, 2009, 09:47:36 PM
Eru: Great set again, thanks for your patience with my budding Gen games. . .slowly getting used to fighting the regulars with him. Randoms were hilarious too! Catch up soon as.

Hmm... I'm not so sure about the GG's haha... I just have no idea what to do against Gen :/ I was trying to be patient and then slowly work my way in, but those pokes are just ridiculous, same with his stupid cross up lol

Any advice on this one ? Maybe Lenny could weigh in ?

I don't know much about Gens normals either, but everything seems to put him at frame advantage on block... I might actually look that up later today to see what sort of openings are available

Also I think there was a match there where you won all 3 rounds by chip damage haha... stupid Gen :(
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

Quote from: ILL_BILL on November 03, 2009, 08:36:33 AM

Pretty fucking gay imo.

How gay does it look when you put imo on the end of a sentence? Makes you look like a fucking pussy.

Instead of "FUCK YOUR LA BULLSHIT ANDY IT SOUNDS QUEER.... I think" try being more assertive. You gotta go balls out in real life like you do in game, Bill.

You gotta be BIRRYWONG in game, and out. WWBWD
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Hydro

Quote from: electric on November 03, 2009, 09:33:38 AM

Hmm... I'm not so sure about the GG's haha... I just have no idea what to do against Gen :/ I was trying to be patient and then slowly work my way in, but those pokes are just ridiculous, same with his stupid cross up lol

I don't know much about Gens normals either, but everything seems to put him at frame advantage on block... I might actually look that up later today to see what sort of openings are available

Also I think there was a match there where you won all 3 rounds by chip damage haha... stupid Gen :(

Actually I'd offer advice if I could but I've only played about 60 games on Gen total.

I just bullshit my way through most matches TBH. (I can do mk xx hands pretty much on the button now, which is 90% of my Gen ground game)

I'll try to help anyway:

I can see it being a tough one for Abel, once you get a flow on it's really your match though, you just have to do your biggest most efficient combo when you have the (little window of) opportunity to do so, which you normally do anyway. You can pretty much Jump in on Gen for free if he has no meter, cross-ups are also a pain for him, so work around building up pressure around a clean jump in and you should do better in our next set. Another thing would be to watch the close ground game and tick throws, I know the lag is murder on teching throws (is for me also) but throwing is a big part of Gen's ground game to set up for cross-up & Ooga tricks, so be wary/prepared for them.

zos'la

Quote from: electric on November 03, 2009, 09:33:38 AM

Nope James, this is exactly what I mean, just that I can't be bother writting the wall of text  :P
The reason Im with all these other chars is because I'm at teh stage where I need to think out of the box more, my main is stuck at a certain lv because I don't have the players to play me at my lv, not saying there is none, just that they don
t get a chance to play me as we all busy with life and such. So yeahits liek an alternative to improve your gampeplay.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on November 03, 2009, 08:45:22 AM
OK ah, you think its lame eh? Its very similar to what I just used at teh end of the sentence, things such a "eh" or "huh" an expression at the end of the sentence. Its like This and that and this and that.

Oh true. What is it like a chinese thing? The only other context ive seen it used is when Dave is being a tool.

Quote from: Smoofologist on November 03, 2009, 09:35:47 AM

Pretty fucking gay imo.

How gay does it look when you put imo on the end of a sentence? Makes you look like a fucking pussy.

Instead of "FUCK YOUR LA BULLSHIT ANDY IT SOUNDS QUEER.... I think" try being more assertive. You gotta go balls out in real life like you do in game, Bill.

GODLIKE POST.

WWBWD
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Smoofologist on November 03, 2009, 09:35:47 AM

Pretty fucking gay imo.

It's pretty gay though la, hey you wana grab some drinks la, maybe later we can penetrate each other la.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

Weaazy, your in the 3 la you used, the first sentence is used incorrectly.
The other two you can use it :)

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on November 03, 2009, 03:01:29 PM

Dude. Glass houses. Stones. You have have lost all your la privileges.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 03, 2009, 03:42:04 PM
Quote from: zosla on November 03, 2009, 03:01:29 PM

Dude. Glass houses. Stones. You have have lost all your la privileges.

HAHAHAHAHA OMG
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA