• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 05, 2009, 08:50:24 AM
Brodsta would beast you (on pad). You aint know? you better ask somebody.

I never said Sakura sux......

I said she's ''complete and utter shit''.

For once, I have to agree with weazzy here... Sakura is shitbox lol... She relies too much on mix ups, and for a low stamina character, you really have to play solid. Your execution needs to be super super tight as well, as her biggest damager (stunnager ?) low mk xx hp shouken FADC st.hp xx lk tatsu, cr.hp xx ex tatsu, j.hk has 2x 1 frame links in it, and the FADC part is fucking HARD. It also takes 3 meters, but will stun 95% of the time. You really have to get on top with her, which can be hard against characters with good footsies. Also, fuck Otoshi for overlapping with shouken >:(
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

Sounds like an easier version of seth, lol :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on November 05, 2009, 09:20:36 AM
Sounds like an easier version of seth, lol :)

At least Seth has a good run away game lol

[NIUE] weazzyefff

You mean easier to get fucked up version of seth (not hp wise).

Seth is a fucking beast compared to her.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

fluxcore

No, I just mean of the things he mentioned, sounds like a beefed up Seth, talking about low hp and overlapping moves, relying on mixups etc.

Obviously I know it's crap, I mained Seth for a few months.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

I didn't know you could FADC that shit electric bro, and you started the combo with cr.mk lmfao, instead of s.hp. Yeah thats what i meaning to ask you bro, why do you end the combo with the j.hk, what's so special about that?

And the lk, is way easier then that insane cr,hp. I always get that, but the c,hp is friggin hard.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

fluxcore

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on November 05, 2009, 09:53:30 AM
plinking
Oh fuck, i hate that shit, too many buttons too think of, hey electric do you use plinking, cos you miss it heaps too.

fluxcore

Well, in that case enjoy missing your 1-frame links! Plinking really does make things a lot easier.

I can imagine it being bloody annoying on a pad, but with *real* buttons it's not that bad...

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on November 05, 2009, 10:02:37 AM
Well, in that case enjoy missing your 1-frame links! Plinking really does make things a lot easier.

I can imagine it being bloody annoying on a pad, but with *real* buttons it's not that bad...
Yeah i just figured that out when i got my stick bro. Whats the point on jumping to learning that and Option Select when i cant even fadc on the 1pl side lol, its on my to ''learn how to beast'' list, getting there mate, getting there.

electric

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 05, 2009, 09:51:10 AM
I didn't know you could FADC that shit electric bro, and you started the combo with cr.mk lmfao, instead of s.hp. Yeah thats what i meaning to ask you bro, why do you end the combo with the j.hk, what's so special about that?

And the lk, is way easier then that insane cr,hp. I always get that, but the c,hp is friggin hard.

Yeah bro... cr.mk is a dope poke, which cancels into shouken for big damage from footsie distance, so you can't really pass that shit up

I always end with j.hk because

a) It does 200 stun. That shit fuckin' hurts
b) It sets up an ambiguous cross up... do it early enough, and dash will cross under, delay it slightly and it wont

cr.hp to me is actually easier than st.lk because it's one frame slower, but it's plinkable, whereas you can't plink lk. That brings it back to even ground in terms of timing, and also does 70 more stun. You really can't skimp on the stun with Sakura when it's available, since IMO, that's what she's all about.

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 05, 2009, 09:59:10 AM
Oh fuck, i hate that shit, too many buttons too think of, hey electric do you use plinking, cos you miss it heaps too.

Yeah bro I plink that shit... it's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, but it fucked me up for a few days when I first started learning it.

Personally though, I don't really practise Sakura that much... I got all excited when I first started learning her because she actually had decent hit confirms and 3 frame normals, but her character design doesn't really appeal to me, so I keep letting her slip. I'd practise with her more, but now it seems like everyones picking up Sakura... I wish SF4 had some of the 3S characters... Q looks fuckin' dope lol, even if he's shit

fluxcore

I just pick chars that don't have to FADC, haha

HoneyBadger

Whatever Alan, I saw your Seth FADC sonic
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Why the hell would I do that? FADC sonic?