• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

lol fadc sonic, fuck thats classic.

electric: Yeah the mk to hard too hit confirm though, and if your starting the damager combo, s.hp, is the way to go, and is that j.hk dash under reset/crossup character specific, cos youve never gone under me, and when i tried in practice mode she dashes but still infront of them, and thats why i use j,mk instead.

Or is it just really strict timing on the dash/j.hk.

And yeah i like the 3s chars looks asweel aye their cool. There's heaps of chars you can main in sf4 bro, i've mained them all at one stage in my sf4 life. Just cos i cant pick one char and constantly play with them, your not really learning shit after the match ups, and it gets boring. The only thing is switching back and forth fucks up timing and shit, and you need to warm up with a few games.

Stick corrupted my chars though, i went from whole roster to like half now.

Ask Brodsta if he uses plinking i'm guessing not cos he's on pad. And look at that cunt play. But i'll learn it after this damn fadc.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on November 05, 2009, 10:02:37 AM
Well, in that case enjoy missing your 1-frame links! Plinking really does make things a lot easier.

really cos I don't think I plink but I manage to get them out ok.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on November 05, 2009, 08:45:26 AM
lol... Would like to play brodsta if I had a chance :P

His play style is very methodic and organized. Not like all these haphazard Sagats you may be used to.

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on November 05, 2009, 10:02:37 AM
Well, in that case enjoy missing your 1-frame links! Plinking really does make things a lot easier.

Quote from: CrazyMobius on November 05, 2009, 11:31:54 AM
really cos I don't think I plink but I manage to get them out ok.

To be fair, this game is actually really easy (compared to others) to hit the one framers, even without plinking. I just plink because it's easier for me, since I'm so used to it now. It just takes practice :)

fluxcore

If you want to explain to me how a 1-frame link can be easier in one game than another (assuming 60 fps), I'm all ears. BlazBlue is an exception, since it specifically repeats the last input 5 times to make 1 framers very easy indeed. AFAIK no street fighter has ever repeated inputs.

SF4 however has plinking, which effectively makes 1 frame links into 2 frame links. Twice as many frames to hit = considerably easier.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

SF4 runs at 60 FPS, but the characters were modelled at 30 FPS, with intermediary frames added in, so you effectively have twice as long to execute a button input as opposed to other Street Fighter games. Also, the game speed helps -- the fact that you don't need to be doing things at 3S speed already makes it easy... At least, that's my understanding. I don't mind being proved wrong if I'm spouting shit.

fluxcore

I don't believe that 30fps vs 60fps thing, it makes absolutely no difference how many frames of animation there are, only how often the game samples the input. Also the only person I've ever heard say that is Ed Ma, and everyone else pretty much thinks it's horse shit.

Game speed makes no difference. You could be playing world warrior speed game, 1 frame is still 1/60th of a second @ 60fps. This is tested a bit however when talking about something like ST, where the game drops frames to make up the speed, and that CERTAINLY doesn't make anything easier.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

wow Brodsta would beast me? lol. you never knwo till you play!!!
How is he compared to teh top 8 in OZ hadou? coz I've played 4 of them and came pretty even with most of them or at a win advantage with the lower half.

Either way no point shit talking when I dont even get to play the dude -.-
I rather play someone who plans out their game than soem random shit....
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

TBH I think you'll have a win advantage over him. He is pretty beastly though. Haven't seen his Sagat, does it play angry like his Bison?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on November 05, 2009, 01:46:49 PM
wow Brodsta would beast me? lol. you never knwo till you play!!!
How is he compared to teh top 8 in OZ hadou? coz I've played 4 of them and came pretty even with most of them or at a win advantage with the lower half.

Either way no point shit talking when I dont even get to play the dude -.-
I rather play someone who plans out their game than soem random shit....

Who have you played? Give us some names bro.

GGS this afternoon:

Oez2099: My brother with the boxer. Good matches as usual, you finally got the hang of the Gen match up, looking forward to the next battle. Enjoy that borderlands too bro!

Kaos: Good games as usual Kenny, some nice sagat from you (never thought I'd say that) very on point, gave me a wake up call first thing this morning.

Leolam: Decent Ryu bro, you missed so many FADC into ultra I was clearly lucky to come away with as many wins as I did with Gen, good stuff.

massi4h

Quote from: fluxcore on November 05, 2009, 11:06:58 AM
Why the hell would I do that? FADC sonic?
Apparently it's an unblockable from what I've heard.
You fadc a light sonic then teleport behind them and do cr.hp. Every time I've used it on someone it seems like free damage, no-ones ever blocked it. It might just be the mix up though. I always do it after the ultra. I've been practicing my run away seth to beat kevin lol.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on November 05, 2009, 09:18:29 PM
Quote from: fluxcore on November 05, 2009, 11:06:58 AM
Why the hell would I do that? FADC sonic?
Apparently it's an unblockable from what I've heard.
You fadc a light sonic then teleport behind them and do cr.hp. Every time I've used it on someone it seems like free damage, no-ones ever blocked it. It might just be the mix up though. I always do it after the ultra. I've been practicing my run away seth to beat kevin lol.
Ohh true , i've never seen Seth do that fadc sonic teleport. It sounds good, but you gotta wonder why no one uses it. I reckon it would be too predictable, seein Seth fadc on the other side of the screen.
And you can do that other 50/50 after the ultra without fadc, i seen that one before.

Gods Garden 1.5 is going to have console chars allowed, so i bet we'll see some mean Seth no doubt. I wana see some Jap Gouken.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Lennysaurus

Ive seen Arturo do it in a vid.  Cant remember which.  He does it after a knockdown.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

I don't think you even have to fadc it tbh. Stu was claiming my sonic boom tele behind was unblockable even without fadc. Whether that was true or not is unknown. It's risky as fuck because I'm pretty sure they can still do invincible moves to kill you.

Personally I'm skeptical.