• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 26, 2009, 06:22:58 PM
Nah man, you gotta be insane to play -3 bars. 3 n up is th way to go.  Kenny, Matt and Brad all play Championship mode hardout, where I bet they play some lag fests. I cant stand that shit aye.

I'll never play one bar. I'll give two bars a go as sometimes the lag isn't as noticeable as it might seem. And the characters I play generally don't suffer too much from minor lag.

However since I've owned the game I've noticed that the bar connection isn't always as it seems. I've had 4 bar matches that were way choppier than 2 bars and even some NZ players with do-able 1 bar connections. So I more or less just test them and see what it's like.

Also I hardly EVER see three bar connections. It's either one, two or four bars. Does this happen to anyone else?

Hydro

I guess my searches would go:

The majority are 1 bar (Japan/asia/states).

Very little 2 bar (I've played B-izm a couple times, he was a 2 bar from California).

A good amount of 3 bar (Most aussies and the majority of NZers, Munta is always a 3 bar for me) It's strange though, that players like Kenny, Eru and Brad who are the closest to me geographically, are all three bar connections. . .

And then there's about a half dozen 4 bar: Coffindrop, CrazyMobius, Geneterror, Ericson, Gavinkickass (Aussie I know it's weird) and Gankatron, spring to mind immediately.

I know I've played a few three bars with exceptional quality, Normally Ballzax, Elimination_, Rock-lee86, Punk54u, and a few others feel like we're fighting on 4 bar or better. But then other times each of those guys have been 1-2 bar connections for me. . . it's weird, I think it does depend on the time of day that you play, and your brandwith limit. Strange.

I've never seen a 5 bar. Yet.

Hopefully with the netcode improvements in SSFIV we'll see alot more decent connections.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

That guy Punk54u's gotta pretty mean fei long aye. Yeah, and those are the same people I get 2-3 bars with, and beefspecial, 2 bar Aussie. I got a 2 bar with Ganks last night, we were cracking up cos we usually get 4 bar lol. I used to get 2 bar with Toomeke when he used to play too, an hes a westie lol.

I havent seen a 5 bar yet either unfortunately :'(

Sometimes the 2-3 bars dont matter like last night was allright , but usually they do.

C-Mob: What do you get playing Munta? He's a 3 bar dude for sure. And alotta Aus people from the whirlpool chat is 3 bar too bro. Are you just getting 2 bars from all if them?

Yeah, that would be a bonus if the SSF4 netcode was freaking awesome. TEEEEEAAAMMM BBBAAATTTTAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRR!!!!
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

gunsmoke

If any1 still awake around 5am monday please jump in on MVC2 on PSN to play with me. I will be playing around then maybe a bit early not sure depends what time i finish . Sick of playing random player online.
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Soz for random DC C-Mob.

Still got no ph filters. Thats why i usually play late at night, while everyones sleeping. Man you got alotta random flash kicks on me man, if you wondering what I was doing it was my start up on the TS or the one jab to bait was getting FK'd aswell. Insane, Insane in the membrane.
Reactions real slow this morning too. I usually Ultra SB with Abel if it's predictable, owned Syngin with Abel. That perfect was good though, mixy uppies lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

CoffinDrop1

Sup peeps Im pretty sure the only guy I had 5 bars with is CrazyMobius yeah if I remember correctly we have had a few matches with 5 bars. It's exciting seeing the full 5 green bars coz you know you're in for the real deal. Hydro's connection is consistently 4 bars, Kaoz too and sometimes Akuma varies between 3 and 4. The Oz players have fairly good connections too.

As for Championship mode yeah lol Brad, Kenny and myself had a bit of a comp going there trying to be the G1 masters but when I finally got to G1 and saw how many points you need to get to make it to the next level I was like screw that man! Friggen heaps! Kenny is leading the charge there for sure. If I am not in match play with people I know then I leave Champ mode on when I am playing arcade so I can practise a certain character in between random challenges. Yeah lag can be a  bitch but majority of the games are lag free for me. Even some 1 bar matches end up being quite good.

Hydro

Just started dabbling in championship mode this past weekend. Managed a few three bar fights, mopped up with Viper of course. :D

GGS to Simon: lol at Sagat Mirrors. I'm a fan of your Sagat bro, you're certainly less tinny than some of the others out there my friend. Awesome Guile as usual :D

CrazyMobius

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 27, 2009, 11:01:06 AM

C-Mob: What do you get playing Munta? He's a 3 bar dude for sure. And alotta Aus people from the whirlpool chat is 3 bar too bro. Are you just getting 2 bars from all if them?

Three bar I think. But could be four.

GGS to Weazey and Hydro.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on December 27, 2009, 12:49:52 PM
Just started dabbling in championship mode this past weekend. Managed a few three bar fights, mopped up with Viper of course. :D

GGS to Simon: lol at Sagat Mirrors. I'm a fan of your Sagat bro, you're certainly less tinny than some of the others out there my friend. Awesome Guile as usual :D
I dont like his Sagat tbh bro. Too much bullshit. You (Cmob) Jump too much. Dont zone enough. Empty jump in Ultra? Empty jump in EX UPPERCUT!?!?!? You took that win agnst my Ryu, but cmon, who's prepared for that sorta shit? Made me rage sooooo bad. Soz Cmob but it's true bro.

edit: Your Guiles pretty mean though, except for a few random FK's . Just need to calm down a bit more. 

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 27, 2009, 02:06:47 PM
I dont like his Sagat tbh bro. Too much bullshit. You (Cmob) Jump too much. Dont zone enough. Empty jump in Ultra? Empty jump in EX UPPERCUT!?!?!? You took that win agnst my Ryu, but cmon, who's prepared for that sorta shit? Made me rage sooooo bad. Soz Cmob but it's true bro.

I like Simon's Sagat cause he wins pretty much with normals. And Yeah Sagat can jump alot and still own lol.

I wouldn't call that bullshit; simple, exploitive, obvious, but not bullshit. And I can't even play that muthafucker haha.

And besides, I thought you gave up raging?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on December 27, 2009, 02:38:30 PM
Quote from: weazzyefff on December 27, 2009, 02:06:47 PM

I like Simon's Sagat cause he wins pretty much with normals. And Yeah Sagat can jump alot and still own lol.

I wouldn't call that bullshit; simple, exploitive, obvious, but not bullshit. And I can't even play that muthafucker haha.

And besides, I thought you gave up raging?

LOL

Hydro

Huh? I coulda sworn I was talking to that guy. . . ???

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Who me LOL. I was lol at the ''Simple,exploitive, obvious, Sagat can still jump alot and still own'' bullshit.
Bro, i know he's your friend and all, but he's not gonna get any better if you condone that sorta shit. I'm just trying to give advice. Shit were all friends here bro. I'd like any advice anyone could give me.

James: Yeah bro, empty jump Ultra.
Weazzy: Dont bro.
James: Yeah bro jump, jump, and jump again.
Weazzy: Stop jumping bro.
James: Yeah bro, empty jump EX UPPERCUT
Weazzy: ???

He did get me with all that shit (except excessive jumping) but it's not good. I though he was empty jump throwing. But yeah w/e. If he doesnt like my advice, it's all good. Dont wanna piss anyone off bro.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh and KaosNZ Bro. Stop playing championship mode bro, its a waste of time. I might have to delete you soon, you never wana play me anymore. PSN Friends list is very small. Sorry cuzz.

CptMunta

Joining club mic tomorrow. Picking up one of those ps3 wireless headsets. It's cool to hear a few other are hopping on the band wagon too. Be cool for HD lobby chats and When super comes out. Goodtimes :)

Yeah my luck with the Bars is

Mostly:
1 bar: randoms from all over (I don't even bother)
2 bars: sometimes will give it a go Some closer to 3 some closer to 1

Locals NZ, OZ:
3 bars: Most of you guys are 3 bars. Sliding scale of connection quality. Sometimes really decent, sometimes like fighting underwater. My unreliable "still get my internet from telephone poles" connection doesn't help.

4 Bars:
Mobius and Geneterror and a few other peps.
Very rare. But Mobius and Geneterror every-time it's 4 and it's awesome. Geneterror jumped from 3 to 4 bars when his friend optimized his net I think.

5 Bars:
Never  :(

In regards to running lobbies and tourneys we should put it in the hands of the best possible connection/s if possible. I mean if the connections a solid 4 bars by the time it gets to me way down here without cable. that's a pretty good indicator.

I fuckin hate Championship Mode. I used to to love it when it first came out and everyone was on it. But now It's like inbreeding 2 to 3 bar connections. You always end having to play the same handful of people because the player base isn't big enough. That and you get sick of kicking 1 or 2 bar players that you:

Cave, end up playing a 2 Bar connection
Loose to a Ken Lagg scrub.

Have to start again.

I think with a bit of tinkering it would be awesome though. Especially if you could put a filter "Nothing under 3 bars" or a flag mode, where you'd choose the countries nearby that you're willing to except challenges from (also a good way to see where you rank in your country!). That way you wouldn't keep getting challenged in arcade mode by people too far away to bother with.

Oh and while I'm ranting GGs Gene, Weazzy and anyone else I've played lately. Yeah and sorry Weazzy I wasn't using my main or going hard out. Was hot as hell and buggered. Kind of played it as a "lets try out this matchup" or "what happens if I do this?"

Gief vs Rufus was fun. Shows you how much of a fucker Gief is. Don't feel back about your tactics. You could probably here me mashing SPD from the South Island.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta