• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Weazzy you're missing the point. I've known Simon since before you were born, we grew up together playing the whole SF series, I know how he develops a strong game. That's exactly what you're seeing and calling bullshit, just cause he plays Sagat differently than how you play him currently.

I know Simon gets really good when he gets a grasp on the whole spectrum of what a character has to offer (Check his 3S Hugo/Alex etc etc), normally he begins by playing a simplified game, I can't fault him on that at all. I think many who know him will agree, Simon has one of the firmest grasps on SF fundamentals of all the players in NZ, and what you're seeing is just the beginning of a work in progress.

I'm not telling him to spam useless shit, so you can drop the tutorial speak. I was merely stating an opinion I have on that particular character play style.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah, it's funny that you actually do alot better with Rose. You woulda def scraped a few wins with her. I always play her wrong, then tell you what I shouldve been doing AFTER the match. Need more Rose/C-Viper exp.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CrazyMobius

I only just started playing Sagat and mainly play him as a joke. I can usually get more wins on my bullshit Sagat than some of my best because Sagat's damage is so ridiculous. As far as risky play goes if something is working there's no reason to stop doing it until I get punished for it.

Like when I was playing James' Viper I'd do empty jump Uppercut. It worked for a while but by the end I had to stop doing it cos he got too wise to it. But pity our set kept disconnecting Weazey before I started getting punished for it.

But as Andy says we 'lose to learn' so yeah. Basically I just started playing him.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

True. I do worse with Sagat, then my other 5 or so ''joke'' chars. And I main him. GG's anyway dude. Your Guile's sick.

edit:Ohh , a w.i.p aye? Go fucking work on somebody elses char, nah jks.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on December 27, 2009, 05:12:54 PM
Weazzy you're missing the point. I've known Simon since before you were born, we grew up together playing the whole SF series, I know how he develops a strong game. That's exactly what you're seeing and calling bullshit, just cause he plays Sagat differently than how you play him currently.

I know Simon gets really good when he gets a grasp on the whole spectrum of what a character has to offer (Check his 3S Hugo/Alex etc etc), normally he begins by playing a simplified game, I can't fault him on that at all. I think many who know him will agree, Simon has one of the firmest grasps on SF fundamentals of all the players in NZ, and what you're seeing is just the beginning of a work in progress.

I'm not telling him to spam useless shit, so you can drop the tutorial speak. I was merely stating an opinion I have on that particular character play style.

Oh yup, true true. And what do you think i was saying? All Good , peace

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man I've been getting bounced from ALOT of games lately.

''Unable to participate in this match''. Man it's really starting to fuck me off. I can reboot then come back and it works, but sometimes the other guy will ditch me. *Cough* Imagneto *cough*.

This happen to any of you guys?

Skullator

Yea all the time, was one of the main reasons I started playing PC version alot more than PS3 version.

Hydro

Quote from: Skullator on December 28, 2009, 03:31:00 AM
Yea all the time, was one of the main reasons I started playing PC version alot more than PS3 version.

I've only noticed it when I've run over the 5gig limit with vodafone. . . Sometimes it happens more with some people more than others. I remember Mike (Imagneto) and I had about 10 kick outs one set. . . crazy shit. I don't think it's ever happened to any of the other local lads though. . . :D

geneterror

Oh yeah I forgot.
ggs to Erugoodwin on xmas day! A good set to break up the day 8)
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Quote from: weazzyefff on December 28, 2009, 12:31:48 AM
Man I've been getting bounced from ALOT of games lately.

''Unable to participate in this match''. Man it's really starting to fuck me off. I can reboot then come back and it works, but sometimes the other guy will ditch me. *Cough* Imagneto *cough*.

This happen to any of you guys?

Yeah I noticed it heaps in our matches. But against some others there's no problem. I think James might be right in that it's got to do with specific connections not the Playstation Network in general.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh yeah true true.

GGs to the Gen guy last night (crazyandy). Man I feel sorry for that guy. It must've taken him ages to be able to consistently nail the 18 hit combo's, but he still gets owned by like 10 of my chars. He has the worst matchups man.

He'd be GDLK if he tik throwed more, and crossup alot more too.

edit: Ahhh so..... many......Ryu's!!!!

whirpool chat is now deemed Ryu chat. I wana pick Ryu but I get owned in Ryu mirror matches, even by scrubs that cant BnB or punish properly. I think my zonings gone worse as I'v been giving away too many free jump ins.

Damn this holiday season as theres nobody online!! Rahhh!! Traing mode, rahh!!!

And yeah James was right about that winstreak thing, mines 28, and I never play that many games in a row ever!! And I usually work my way down the Tiers or ''bad matchups'' till the score a win, I'm not that mean.

CoffinDrop1

Yeah last time I played iMagneto we keep d/c'ing. I find only real people I have connection issues with are Weazzy and iMagneto of late. Prob 15% of games I get the "unable to join" error however usually a reset fixes that.

Coldfire_v2/CV

Hey Everyone Finally joined Nz alphaisim after resisting the nerdy urge to post!!! im on holiday in gisborne and there a definate lack of street fighter 4 having a little withdrawl, Il be back next year before 10 of jan then you'll see me on the psn with a burning kick.

trying to buy a decent aracde stick aswel so watch lee and I when i get back.!!

Hope everyone has a good holiday/summer

p.s no im not going to rythm in the vines sadly i used to live here.

;D
Crimson Viper

CoffinDrop1

Welcome Coldfire lol. Good to see you made it. Totally know how you feel as Im down in Wellington and have just figured out that they dont even have SF4 in the arcades here so been so yeah with no game time I've been doing a lot more theory. Watching you tube match ups and stuff and posting a lot more here too  ;D

Look forward to jumping back online when I get back home this weekend.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Coldfire_v2/CV on December 28, 2009, 02:03:50 PM
Hey Everyone Finally joined Nz alphaisim after resisting the nerdy urge to post!!! im on holiday in gisborne and there a definate lack of street fighter 4 having a little withdrawl, Il be back next year before 10 of jan then you'll see me on the psn with a burning kick.

trying to buy a decent aracde stick aswel so watch lee and I when i get back.!!

Hope everyone has a good holiday/summer

p.s no im not going to rythm in the vines sadly i used to live here.

;D

Welcome dude! Good to see you made it. Everyone seems to be on holiday at the mo so these boards are pretty quiet for now.