• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: manawakore on March 04, 2010, 07:59:22 AM
GGs last night Coffin! Thanks for all your advice and yeah lets team up for tourny. Will keep working on that stuff u told me!

Sorry missed yr invite Skulllator i was a bit impatient and had been planning to catch up with Coffin for a schooling  :P
All good Mana. Yeah Im no Gen expert but I hope that stuff gave you a different approach to take with your Gen. Another awesome source of Gen info is Lenny. He knows all the ins and outs of the old guy so I recommend you tee up with the brother on Saturday for some more insights on the side. Yep all good on the team up - no dramas there. I could definately tell it was a different game once you started getting stuck into your offensive game - made it much more intense. Actually I rate Hydro's Gen as well when he started dabbling with him too. Lol with Gen I kept trying to do that wall dive straight down kick into super into ultra - thats some bad az links with him - didnt pull it off in those matches though lol.  That wall dive kick works well on wake up and cancels some of Hondas set ups. Good to see you linking MK into hands and doubling that up - I gotta learn those tricks myself. Chur.

Skullator

Oh man, good set Coffin bro.

Sent you a reply something like - loving the Honda too, seriously never would of guessed when we first played a year or so ago that you would of stuck with Honda this entire time and just been committed to downloading the matchups. You got the Mike Ross moments in you just waiting to be unleashed.

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: Skullator on March 05, 2010, 12:04:54 AM
Oh man, good set Coffin bro.

Sent you a reply something like - loving the Honda too, seriously never would of guessed when we first played a year or so ago that you would of stuck with Honda this entire time and just been committed to downloading the matchups. You got the Mike Ross moments in you just waiting to be unleashed.
Dam Skull your Chun is just too tight. It's definately one of my toughest match ups. I found I had to be more direct and stay on the ground to try and go hard on the offensive. Your dam wake up attacks, split kick mix ups and piano kick links (dont know the name) keep me on block mode and or eating hits. Thanks for letting me stick it out though - I figured man I gotta try and figure out a strategy against your Chun now or never. Has it been almost a year already? Shucks I still play this game like I've owned it for a month lol. Yeah dunno aye guess I couldnt stay away from Honda just suited my style I think. Big ups to your Chun my man look forward to seeing yourself and the other guys in offline action Saturday.

zos'la

hmm headbutt and headbutt until she has ultra.. then stop butting. xD
neutral jump F.P controlled is great for fire def as she will move in while the projectile comes throught, or even do a sumo press the air sitting thing while the projectile comes near you but watch out for her dasshing right behind ya for a throw xD
on block do hundred/thousand hands? baiting ito throw/command throw of F.standing..
just try stay grounded for the 80% of the game and headbutt ur way to chipping all her life.
On your wake up just ex Headbutt or normal headbutt, for crossups block and reversal headbutt and mixup btw this and throws/ hundred hands. you got plenty of tool so use them.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: zosla on March 05, 2010, 09:41:44 AM
hmm headbutt and headbutt until she has ultra.. then stop butting. xD
neutral jump F.P controlled is great for fire def as she will move in while the projectile comes throught, or even do a sumo press the air sitting thing while the projectile comes near you but watch out for her dasshing right behind ya for a throw xD
on block do hundred/thousand hands? baiting ito throw/command throw of F.standing..
just try stay grounded for the 80% of the game and headbutt ur way to chipping all her life.
On your wake up just ex Headbutt or normal headbutt, for crossups block and reversal headbutt and mixup btw this and throws/ hundred hands. you got plenty of tool so use them.
thanks Zosla yeah I started using more head  butts which helped towards the end but all this other stuff is gold : ) cheers appreciate the advice.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Be careful with the headbutts. If chun neutral jumps, or back jumps, and you headbutt at the wrong time, her airthrow is going to beat your headbutt clean.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 05, 2010, 10:57:36 AM
Be careful with the headbutts. If chun neutral jumps, or back jumps, and you headbutt at the wrong time, her airthrow is going to beat your headbutt clean.

of course u have to be smart about it, or any scrub can headbutt -.-
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Skullator

Coffin knows how hard I rock the neutral jumps against him, haha.

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: Skullator on March 05, 2010, 12:25:15 PM
Coffin knows how hard I rock the neutral jumps against him, haha.
Painful memories those are Skull why do I have to relive those neutral jumps? Why? Dam starting to get hype for tommorow!

xkheretic

ggs to electric tonight.. I was the scrub ryu/abel on karizzma's account.

Actually.. for further reference for anyone, if you ever play a scrub ryu or abel on karizzma's account.. it's me. :)

electric

Quote from: xkheretic on March 06, 2010, 10:48:43 PM
ggs to electric tonight.. I was the scrub ryu/abel on karizzma's account.

Actually.. for further reference for anyone, if you ever play a scrub ryu or abel on karizzma's account.. it's me. :)

Yeah bro, they were some good games... Had a lot of fun playing your Ryu... I was wondering why "Karizzma" wasn't picking Fuerte hahaha
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

karizzma

GG erugoodwin as always. Man that back dash was annoying as hell against Fuerte but I got you back in the end. The abel vs boxer match's were weird but I think I have the hang of it now.

electric

Quote from: karizzma on March 09, 2010, 10:35:24 PM
GG erugoodwin as always. Man that back dash was annoying as hell against Fuerte but I got you back in the end. The abel vs boxer match's were weird but I think I have the hang of it now.

Yeah man GG's... I really need to learn more of these match ups... I was thinking about Fuerte this morning (no homo) and I think I may have an answer for that Fuerte vortex the next time we meet - It was such a shame to guess right and backdash out, and then just tech the throw instead of committing to a decent punish... I'll do better next time I promise haha

As for Boxer... I really don't know that match. I've played against Ben a few times, but those don't really count as we never have that good a connection... Whoever get's the first knockdown usually dictates the pace of the match, but those wake up EX dash punches were a bit too fresh for me hahaha

In saying that, you gotta love 4 bar matches... you're one of the few that playing online doesn't really feel that different to playing offline (I think Mike might be 4 bars too)

GG's bro... Must get more in so I can dial those match ups!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ooooh good to see people downloading the fuerte matchup. Backdash/FA are great tools to mess up his wakeup game. And if you can knock fuerte down you gain a massive advantage, especially with Abel.

Just be careful though. A safe tortilla can punish a wakeup backdash, and a simple fake run into stop will allow him to punish your shit on reaction fairly easily. Against backdash happy opponents i like to empty run into their backdash and go straight into RSF. Its a fun trick that will make them think twice about backdashing.

I need to get on PSN more. I dont play this game enough.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 10, 2010, 01:10:56 PM
Ooooh good to see people downloading the fuerte matchup. Backdash/FA are great tools to mess up his wakeup game. And if you can knock fuerte down you gain a massive advantage, especially with Abel.

Just be careful though. A safe tortilla can punish a wakeup backdash, and a simple fake run into stop will allow him to punish your shit on reaction fairly easily. Against backdash happy opponents i like to empty run into their backdash and go straight into RSF. Its a fun trick that will make them think twice about backdashing.

I need to get on PSN more. I dont play this game enough.

We should give our connection another shot.. and if you get a USB mic or something the good times can well and truly roll.