• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Week or two at best. Only time they get replaced that fast is if theyre flat broken
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

haha, shot eru. some hilarious and terrible games. pretty obvious i dont really play sf4

electric

Quote from: samurai black on March 24, 2010, 07:57:47 PM
haha, shot eru. some hilarious and terrible games. pretty obvious i dont really play sf4

Haha all good bro - what games DO you play ? pretty keen to let you even the score hahaha - also, yeah... my Viper is utter trash lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

samurai black

marvel is really the only other PS3 game i play, and that might lean a little much in my favour :/

i do need some hd-remix practice tho, im shocking at that.

that viper vs. cammy match was crack up, meanest ultra punishes  ;D
oh and all those awesome standing fierces i did with cammy was when i trying to do her goddamn hooligan flip. never played a decent abel before, whupped my ass. not hard to tell chun is my 'best' character.

electric

haha that's for sure... I've never played marvel with any form of skill... and back when I used to play it for fun I usually picked Guile/Charlie/Spider-man or Capcom/Spidey/Hayato hahaha... I doubt they'd be competitive in any way whatsoever

I'm pretty abismal at HDR as well, might be worth a few rounds some time

LOL gotta love wakeup ultra with Viper... sooooo fresh hahaha - I was wondering what you were doing at mid screen just whiffing those fierce punches lol... Chun is actually one of Abels harder match ups, IMO, so I think if you ever decide to sink some time into SF4, Chun would be a good place to start
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

ggs Ashe,
You caught me just after I finish Hue's stick and was testing it out.
Too bad the lag/ delay sucked for me as I was testing on my 47 inch HDTV... lol.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

geneterror

Sorry I missed ya invite last night erugoodwin, was in a match with skullator and about to wrap it up for the night. I'd be keen to play some HD Remix with you sometime if you want some games?

ggs last night iMagneto and Skullator!
Mike your links with Bison are awesome bro, I need to hit the training room :-[ some good matches but I certainly can't go Bison vs Bison against you haha.
Skullator your Chun is dope, I demand more matches! I haven't played a good Chun since before Xmas and even then only a few times took me a few rounds to start blocking a few of your tricks ;) I was scrambling around trying to sort out my mic between rounds haha would def be keen for some games with a mic next time so I can work on that matchup.
KOW 2011

Skullator

Yeah man good to finally get some games in with ya, looking forward to more.
Mic battles =  8)

karizzma

GG Skullator.
Ill need to consult ill_bill on the Chun match up but i thought I didn't do too bad on it. Your diff the best Chun I have faced online, that's for sure. Cheers for the games.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

HATE the chun match. Mostly because i dont know enough about chun to be honest.

Her backdash is awesome, EX SBK will beat all of your mixups, (UNLESS youre directly trying to counter it.) and she can keep you out with pokes all day.

Her weakness is the fact that she cant do very much damage, but given that she is safe after damn near everything, it makes her quite a pain. She is a very low risk/low reward character, and, to quote someone from SRK:

Specifically the fact that she can apply safe strong pressure with little effort is precisely what breaks fuerte down, as his weakness is no reliable defensive options. It doesn't matter that she can't do a lot of damage to you at once because she can do it safely over time.

Knock her down and smash her before she gets meter, and then i would play keep away for a while, then fake an offense to get her to burn that meter, and rinse and repeat.

Sounds simple, but against any chun with half a brain, actually executing it this way is a pain in the neck. Its one of those matches where your ultra, and to a lesser extent, your RSF, will play a big role. You have to be on point with your punishes against chun-li, because youre NOT going to get many opportunities. And you dont want to waste your chances on stupid splash/tortilla resets where you should be doing more damage.

There are (like any match) a few tricks you can use to counter some of her specifics.

EX SBK: This bullshit will DESTROY your wakeup game if youre not prepared for it. Kills, slides, tortillas, meaty anything etc. It will also beat your splash if you time it wrong.  If you want to splash her out of EX SBK, you need to do it REALLY late. Like, 'as the move is coming out already' late. Luckily for us, EX SBK will flat out lose to your jumping HP, as long as you aim it dead centre, and you dont do it too early. (Elbow that slut in the crotch.) Its also useful to do the good old, backrun, stop, jump, airthrow, since that beats it too.

Gay overhead crossup thing: One thing i learned fighting gino's chun, is that you can ultra this. Even if youre aiming your ultra forwards, and she crosses you up, you'll get her. It looks retarded, but it works. And you can lol irl as youre driving your mexican testicles into the back of her neck. This thing is SOOOOO obvious, so if you miss the opportunity to land your ultra when she does it, you have my permission to die a little inside. No ultra? focus -> dash or EX run.

Hazanshu:Dont try to punish this. Our normals are too slow. If she happens to catch you in mid focus, well, i dont need to tell you what to do when you land a focus.

But yea. Chun is a pain. Luckily, because she has such low damage output, you generally have time to adjust your game accordingly. But if you dont punish well, you dont win. Thats the main thing.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

ggs to karizzma and hydrokinesis !!
I guess my C.viper has improved a bit  ;D

iMagneto

Good games to ILL_BILL awesome close games bro.
i left my seth like statue for awhile... mommy giving me the yell lol~ that round we face was lucky...... no vital myself...huge come back from my bison hehee.~ good games again.

geneterror

Mike, I need you to show me some of those mean Bison links and the FADC back into links.
It's hard to see what you are doing when I'm trying not to get my ass kicked so badly haha.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: iMagneto on March 31, 2010, 03:54:15 PM
Good games to ILL_BILL awesome close games bro.
i left my seth like statue for awhile... mommy giving me the yell lol~ that round we face was lucky...... no vital myself...huge come back from my bison hehee.~ good games again.

Fuck that bison comeback was so dumb. All because i inputted a fucking EX guac instead of an ultra after i blocked your nightmare booster.

Bison is a really hard match for fuerte. Cant mix him up in the conventional way, cant get out of his pressure. Im just glad i didnt get hit by many of your random ultras. I need to read up on the match again. I was doing some really stupid stuff.

GG's though. I love learning hard matches.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

iMagneto

Quote from: geneterror on March 31, 2010, 04:02:08 PM
Mike, I need you to show me some of those mean Bison links and the FADC back into links.
It's hard to see what you are doing when I'm trying not to get my ass kicked so badly haha.

use mid-sisscors kick and FADC.. + LP or C.LK...you did it once to me~ it was good start :)~