• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iMagneto

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 31, 2010, 07:20:25 PM
Fuck that bison comeback was so dumb. All because i inputted a fucking EX guac instead of an ultra after i blocked your nightmare booster.

Bison is a really hard match for fuerte. Cant mix him up in the conventional way, cant get out of his pressure. Im just glad i didnt get hit by many of your random ultras. I need to read up on the match again. I was doing some really stupid stuff.

GG's though. I love learning hard matches.

My seth and akuma didnt do so well...oh well u want bison's ass~ and i'll give you one hehe
i just pulled a random ultra... see if i could trick ya.. trying not to jump much.... cuz your anti-air kick always gets me~... its good that u got the timing right for 3 X HP + run slide kick~ heh.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: iMagneto on April 01, 2010, 12:41:04 AM
My seth and akuma didnt do so well...oh well u want bison's ass~ and i'll give you one hehe
i just pulled a random ultra... see if i could trick ya.. trying not to jump much.... cuz your anti-air kick always gets me~... its good that u got the timing right for 3 X HP + run slide kick~ heh.

I average 4-6 reps now. I go for 3 when i feel i need to be safe. I really need to find out what bison has that i can punish. I managed to EX Run -> RSF through a couple of your scissor kicks, which i was happy with. But fucking hell, bison is tough.

I kept getting hit by that wakeup EX psycho crusher as well because i was misjudging my crossup HP. And then i DID judge it right, and the psycho crusher auto corrected. >_>

Fun matches though. Ill give you another challenge if youre on today.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

I'm not at work today so I might be on this afternoon if anyones keen.
KOW 2011

zos'la

safe jumps, option select splash and good spcing should get u the win.
On a def note, you need to figure out the wakeup game.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The wakeup game against him im ok with. I need to make better use of option selects in all my games as well though tbh.

I need to learn fuerte's safe jumps on bison for sure.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Option select splash is pretty average. Its option selecting the RUN itself that is useful.

Its just a j.hp, but you enter the run command (forward or back) so that you go into a run if your j.hp whiffs.

Trouble is, if the opponent goes for a throw, you get hit...

UNLESS, you option select a qcf/qcb + lp+lk+mp, which, if you did it right, means that either your j.hp hits, and you continue your pressure, OR your j.hp whiffs, and your opponent goes for a throw, and you TECH the throw, OR your j.hp whiffs, your opponent doesnt do anything, and you go into an EX run -> whatever.

Really really useful.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

playing a mixup game is all about what and when to do things to mix the player up.
Don't always repeat urself and get predictable is what I am trying to say, sometimes a simple jump in will get u a full combo if u did a great mixup game earlier.

Thanks bill for covering the option select splash, alot of stuff u just have to play with the the other players play style and what they tend to do and not do.

iMagneto

very hard to splash me..~~ ill jst teleport lol =)

Ashe

ggs eru, was really fun playing your abel! did take some time to get used to the ping though, i miss so many reversals online ><
where's this ranbats thread?

edit: nvm found :D ill see if i can make it

electric

GG's Ashe... some really good matches there! Yeah, the lag was a bit gay... I definitely missed my fair share of stuff too

Really hard to reset once Viper has a knockdown and momentum... would be good to get some more games in against you so I can work on that match up!

GG's again bro :)
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: iMagneto on April 01, 2010, 11:22:39 PM
very hard to splash me..~~ ill jst teleport lol =)

What andy is talking about is jumping in with hp, and when you teleport, THEN i run and splash, and punish the teleport.

But yea, thats why i dont generally splash bison.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

karizzma

GG scribbleART

Some good match's with Fuerte and Rog vs Chun. Im starting to get that match-up with Fuerte now, watch out for the damn EX-SBK of death. We will have to have some more games soon since chun is spose to be pretty popular now and getting a better ultra in SSf4...

zos'la

ggz hydro and nztauranga. good connection!!!

CoffinDrop1

Got my PS3 fixed last night - so stoked lucky too a work mate fixed it for free - hit me up for some games when u see me online - or I will hit you up either way. GG's to iMagneto last nite - funny I invited Zosla and then you popped into the room. Awesome session as per usual.