• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

LOL.... no wonder I couldn't join!!! then NZTauranga join mine :P

Mike, Next time we try I will put a network cable in and not use wireless, I am not sure if its me or u that is causign the cant join shit...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yes wireless no good for games , wired the way to go
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its Mike i think. A lot of people have trouble connecting with him.

Sometimes its ok, but ive tried connecting with Mike like 5 times, and ive only managed to connect with him ONCE. (Twice technically, but the first time was laggy as hell)

And to be fair im using wireless, although my modem is right next to my PS3. I would use wired but i dont have a cable.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CoffinDrop1

Yeah im on wireless and dont have any probs. TV's too far from the modem to use cable anyway lol.

geneterror

Cable is a LOT better than wireless.
KOW 2011

electric

Quote from: geneterror on April 09, 2010, 04:01:58 PM
Cable is a LOT better than wireless.

It depends. My PS3 is the only client using the WiFi network at home, so it gets the full 54mbps all to itself. Yes, in theory ethernet has a much better average throughput, but when you're playing over ADSL which in NZ is only 7mbps peak speed, it's only an issue if your wireless router can't provide a constant 7mbps link. It's kinda like having a straight, wide open road all to yourself, but your car can't go over the speed limit.

Personally, I haven't had any trouble with WiFi.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

It's more like a road which occasionally disappears or has lots of potholes.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on April 09, 2010, 04:42:18 PM
It's more like a road which occasionally disappears or has lots of potholes.

Good point - although in my experience, I've never had this happen considering how "line of sight" my ps3 and wifi router are
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

my wireless never had problems with speed or disconnections, I've played several guys here with no lag, only MIKE who i can never JOIN!!!!

samurai black

Quote from: ILL_BILL on April 09, 2010, 03:10:27 PM
im using wireless, although my modem is right next to my PS3. I would use wired but i dont have a cable.

i have a 1m ethernet cable lying around that you can have. see if it works or not.

karizzma

GGs to all, necro, k123, b-rad, scribbleART.  8)

In actual fact you were all vs. 3 different people.

Fear the Blue Alternate Ryu...

zos'la

good stuff I was hoping to play someone last night but i got too addicted to Star Ocean lawl xD
hope people are on tonight so I can get some beating!!!

Pjai

ggs geneterror, fun set. I think i was spamming start too hard and it d/c lol. nice mix of characters :D

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: zosla on April 12, 2010, 09:21:26 AM
good stuff I was hoping to play someone last night but i got too addicted to Star Ocean lawl xD
hope people are on tonight so I can get some beating!!!

You get some beating? Will be the other way around you dishing out the beatings Andy lol.

GG's to iMagneto, ScribbleART and Akuma1NZ over the weekend. Sorry couldnt join you NZTauranga - connection issues there somewhere. Also missed invites from Karizzma, Hydro - soz was in some intense battles at the time : )

geneterror

Quote from: Pjai on April 12, 2010, 11:27:31 AM
ggs geneterror, fun set. I think i was spamming start too hard and it d/c lol. nice mix of characters :D
Yeah ggs bro, always good to get in a Sunday morning set.

Had to really slow down my Bison game a bit because I was jumping in way to much and you were hammering me with dragons. Nice Ryu and Chun, I see more people picking up Chun lately. I think we're going to have more Chun's when Super comes out.

Looking forward to playing again some time soon.
KOW 2011