• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 12, 2010, 01:19:08 PM
Speaking ignorantly from no experience whatsoever, i'd say the match is easily in chun's favour. If she sits there and pokes him for days, there should, in theory, not be much that blanka can do about it.

I don't think this would work. Couldn't Blanka sweep or saving or jump?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CrazyMobius on May 12, 2010, 03:35:32 PM
I don't think this would work. Couldn't Blanka sweep or saving or jump?

These are all pretty generic ways of dealing with it though, so, if were assuming the chun player is fairly good, she is going to be well prepared for them. And bear in mind chun is just about the safest character you can poke with in SF4. Sweep/slide are great counters if her pokes whiff, but your footsies really need to be on point. I also doubt very much that a decent chun is dumb enough to be eating them constantly. And if blanka whiffs either then he is even LESS safe than if chun whiffs her pokes.

Turtling and poking is the best way to deal with blanka. He's a reaction-based character, and if you dont give him anything to react to, theres just not that much he can do about it. Chun excels in this type of game, so the match strikes me as one that is in chuns favour.

As for FA and jump, id like to see anyone do either of these on reaction to chuns pokes. You can try to be preemptive, but once chun clicks on, youre going to get baited.

The way she plays should, in theory, counter blanka. And shes safe as all hell to boot.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

redtie

I lose for free against skulls chun no matter who I pick hahaha. I think skulls chun was the first chun I've vsed in sf4. So naturally don't know match up, didn't even know that move she had was overhead.  In saying that though, his chun is on another level but still fun to verse.

CptMunta

Quote from: redtie on May 12, 2010, 06:36:31 PM
I lose for free against skulls chun no matter who I pick hahaha. I think skulls chun was the first chun I've vsed in sf4. So naturally don't know match up, didn't even know that move she had was overhead.  In saying that though, his chun is on another level but still fun to verse.

agreed.

Skulls chun is rock solid. He plays her really interestingly and uses alot of different tricks from her move set. Haven't played him in super yet.

Might be on tonight. Will rock arcade mode for extra cutscene goodness. And will be in the nzism chat room for endless battle goodtimes.

If I'm not in there it'll be FF13 hypnotizing me with it's push x a few times then watch cutscenes addictivness.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Hydro

Good games to my brothers Skull and Scribble tonight. Always, and I mean always a pleasure to train with you two gentlemen, nice to see you both rockin the Chun/Makoto combinations.

Scribble you need a mic so we can level up, glad to hear you could be hooking one up tomorrow.

Apologies to Geneterror and Mobius, couldn't join your endless battles no matter what, and I'm guessin you couldn't join mine either, it's f'in weird.

Skullator

Quote from: hydrokinesis on May 12, 2010, 11:05:43 PM
Good games to my brothers Skull and Scribble tonight. Always, and I mean always a pleasure to train with you two gentlemen, nice to see you both rockin the Chun/Makoto combinations.

Scribble you need a mic so we can level up, glad to hear you could be hooking one up tomorrow.

Apologies to Geneterror and Mobius, couldn't join your endless battles no matter what, and I'm guessin you couldn't join mine either, it's f'in weird.

Same to you bro, glad you enjoy it because I get the feeling there's going to be heaps more to come!

Awesome couple hours of mirrors Kurt! Loving that Mak bro, really can't wait to get her game down since she's so fun to play I reckon lol.

And sorry to missed invites.. get you guys soon!

scribble

Quote from: hydrokinesis on May 12, 2010, 11:05:43 PM

Likewise Hydro, always great training with you my bro. I will definately be scouting for a mic tomorrow or friday depending on work, will have one by the weekend anyways

Quote from: Skullator on May 12, 2010, 11:41:23 PM
Same to you bro, glad you enjoy it because I get the feeling there's going to be heaps more to come!

Awesome couple hours of mirrors Kurt! Loving that Mak bro, really can't wait to get her game down since she's so fun to play I reckon lol.

Yea, those mirrors were the business bro. Felt good to sit down and have a proper set with Chun, haven't really done so since vanilla. Was really awesome to finally play your Chun, you got a wicked ground game and those pressure string hzshu's kept catching me napping haha. Cracked me up when I saw we are maining the same characters in both. Can't wait to get a mic so I can start getting some tips lol. Looking foward to the next session, GGs bro

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

CptMunta

Ggs guys

and I do mean "Guys"

Mean guy Nick4Now and Flash2000. People really are learning his tricks and setups fast. Had to use my main just to hold my own. His cr. LP and MP beat out alot of stuff. His tatsu on wake ain't bad either. A new matchup to learn. I was a bit dumb using Cammy against your guy flash. Since your cammy's alot better so could probably see a bunch of wholes in my game.

Sorry for any invites I missed. Couldn't join your game Mobius. Maybe a random or someone else took my slot. Next time hopefully.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

geneterror

Quote from: hydrokinesis on May 12, 2010, 11:05:43 PMApologies to Geneterror and Mobius, couldn't join your endless battles no matter what, and I'm guessin you couldn't join mine either, it's f'in weird.
Yeah bro it's weird we just cannot get games. You clearly can't join mine and I've tried accepting your invite and joining by just searching for player match but no go.

ggs last night to everyone I played, so many matches I can't rember now.

Andy I don't blame you for bailing on that lobby. It's that aZ_Shen-Zhen guy, he's an Australian that has set his flag to NZ and his connection is crap.
KOW 2011

zos'la

Quote from: geneterror on May 13, 2010, 07:42:20 AM
Yeah bro it's weird we just cannot get games. You clearly can't join mine and I've tried accepting your invite and joining by just searching for player match but no go.

ggs last night to everyone I played, so many matches I can't rember now.

Andy I don't blame you for bailing on that lobby. It's that aZ_Shen-Zhen guy, he's an Australian that has set his flag to NZ and his connection is crap.

Lol, the connection was digusting... Even tho I manage the win the games bnut I am not going to mess up my timing with teh lag -.- when he use Hawk it was like her free grab plz coz Im lagging and missing my combo, had to play a boring akuma to get the match !!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CoffinDrop1

GG's to iMagneto, Skullator, CrazyMobius. Geneterror and TooMekke over the past couple nights!!!

I was hyped to have iMagneto and Skullator in the same endless battle lobby not only to be playing top level Bison and Chun but also to be watching you 2 battling it out against each other - it was awesome!

Good to play you too Gene - got me with your Sakura and TooMekke - was that you Ben or is that someone else the double k situation was confusing me. If it was ggs anyway.

Im really enjoying Ibuki - she's definately been the most fun to play for me. Been good to watch replay channels and pick up little tips and tricks with her - didnt even know she had an air grab till last night via replay channel.

Yeah I also find that joining a lobby can be hit and miss sometimes I can join sometimes I cant but no big dramas there.

Nick4now

GGS to CptMunta, Rafifty, Samuraiblack86 & Zeyn!

The Final Fight Battle was cool Marc! Too Bad three rounds ended with Guy screaming PROFOUND SADNESS!  :'( I still got a lot to learn about Guy.

Rafifty your Adon was impressive! You had great mixups and I was really unable to predict your moves. lol

Hahaha Samuraiblack I hope you found your pride bro. I would play you at MvC2 but I don't have it :'(  besides you would kick my ass at it anyways lol

The Rufus mirror matches were cool Zeyn :) Nice to play against another Rufus player :)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Flash

Quote from: CptMunta on May 13, 2010, 06:42:40 AM
Ggs guys

and I do mean "Guys"

Mean guy Nick4Now and Flash2000. People really are learning his tricks and setups fast. Had to use my main just to hold my own. His cr. LP and MP beat out alot of stuff. His tatsu on wake ain't bad either. A new matchup to learn. I was a bit dumb using Cammy against your guy flash. Since your cammy's alot better so could probably see a bunch of wholes in my game.

Sorry for any invites I missed. Couldn't join your game Mobius. Maybe a random or someone else took my slot. Next time hopefully.wa

yea still learning with him still droppin heaps of combos though, your rose is still top notch though.

also ggs to skullator your chun is a bitch but still even against my dhalsim, also the last 2 games my jab button was playing up thats why instead of wakeup ultra i got super and was left open, swapped it so its fixed now keen for some games later tonight.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

Skullator

Loving that Ibuki Coffin! look forward to more from her bro.

More gg's tonight to both Scribble and Hydro, Kurt's got his mic now so next set it's all on.

And lastly gg's Theflash \ Martinizzle, that Dahlsim is on point bro, I have to resort to playing that match really defensively or else I just get walked on lol. And was good playing against your guy too, his moves were still more or less a mystery to me.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: martinizzle on May 13, 2010, 07:04:40 PM
yea still learning with him still droppin heaps of combos though, your rose is still top notch though.

also ggs to skullator your chun is a bitch but still even against my dhalsim, also the last 2 games my jab button was playing up thats why instead of wakeup ultra i got super and was left open, swapped it so its fixed now keen for some games later tonight.
Captain Munta invented the wake up Ultra.

wake up ultraaaaa bllllaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!