• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick4now

Quote from: Arkade on May 28, 2010, 02:14:40 AM
GGs haraTHEcat, awesome Claw, couldn't get anywhere near you with Mak. GGs Ryuuk08, scary Rufus bro. I got no answers to the dive kick pressure with Mak. Had to zone like hell with Chun just to stand a chance. Oh and apologies for my terrible Claw in the last match haha, next time I'll avoid random select.

GGS bro, you got a really nice Chun! You made it difficult for me to get close and perform Rufus Shananigans lol But all with the Claw, you went with random select and was unlucky to get a character that you're not too familiar with lol I myself only know how to use Rufus and Gouken but still learning Guy.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

scribble

GGs as always Coffin, your Ibuki has improved alot bro. I probably should have been working on the match ups with Chun/Makoto, but I'm looking for a third char and was in an Adon/Rose mood lol. It was mean to get some games in with you again bro, it had been a while.

Quote from: redtie on May 28, 2010, 01:29:50 PM
That Dkyo guys got a good akuma, is he on the forum?

Yea his Akuma is all good, I suggested to him to check it out if he hadn't already.

@Skull: I quite like that tenth one, apart from the pink fluffy shoe laces lol. thanks heaps for sussing it btw.

@Nick: awesome I was wondering if the Guy/Gouken was you or redtie. Guy is looking good, keep it up.

@Oleet: Ex Kara vs dive kicks seems really unreliable for me. Especially when Rufus is altering his height/timing. Mostly it absorbs the hit and then whiffs, leaving me one EX meter down, and taking big damage. Dunno aye, maybe just me. I still need alot more experience with that match, and Mak in general.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Karakusa in general is really unreliable. It comes out in 5 frames, has less range than it looks like it should, and normal throws/jabs/anything that comes out in less than 5 frames beats it.

And EX Karakusa in that instance is probably more useful if said rufus goes for a blockstring. (catching one of the jabs etc) just watch its range. There were a lot of instances when i was using mak that the grab would absorb a hit, but then whiff anyway, which meant i was open, and i got the punish + the white damage. Which hurts.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

Hmm wouldn't standing strong and crouching roundhouse work quite well too?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

If you can gauge it right, maks s.mp should snuff it. (Dont mash that shit though. you'll regret it) And if youre far enough back, her c.mk should be ok as well.

Havent played mak in ages, so it would pay to test my theories before you start implementing them. :P
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

I think standing strong would work for the low ones and the high ones give you enough time to roundhouse or dash back
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: OLEET on May 29, 2010, 02:35:13 PM
I think standing strong would work for the low ones and the high ones give you enough time to roundhouse or dash back

Should do.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

redtie

GGs to everyone I played yesterday. Played heaps of NZism guys was cool cool.

Nick4now

Damn GGS to Skullator, CrazyMobius, iMagneto, CoffinDrop and Cr8zyK1LL3r!

@Skullator: Man nice Chun and really awesome Makoto! Had a lot of fun playing against you! I underestermated your Makoto seeing as I thought that Mak had a real disadvantage against Rufus. lol
good shit bro!

@CrazyMobius: I had a couple of games against your Blanka today and yesterday. Man I just kept getting snuffed everytime I was in the air lol I tried adding you as a friend but you're just too popular  :'(

@iMagneto: Only played you once bro and that was against your Akuma. I was hoping to have more Bison matches though lol Oh well gg man, theres always next time  ;D

@CoffinDrop: Damn man your E. Honda is a beast! I just kept eating Muli Everytime I got up  ;D Shot Uce!

@Cr8zyK1LL3r: Holy shit  your C. Viper is crazy! I'm not very familiar with the match up but still thats no excuse for getting owned  :'( I'm happy with my one win against you but my happiness got crushed by you when you decided to make it a mirror match. lol I was laughing when I entered and saw that you were on a 14 winning streak against those two other guys and they decided to leave because they didn't wanna make 15 hahaha goodtimes man  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Nick4now on May 31, 2010, 01:27:04 AM

@CrazyMobius: I had a couple of games against your Blanka today and yesterday. Man I just kept getting snuffed everytime I was in the air lol I tried adding you as a friend but you're just too popular  :'(

EDIT: Oh you are Ryuuku! Your Rufus is mean! I'll send you an friend request next time I'm on.

GGS especially to Imagneto. Really fast paced action. So much to learn in that match up.

Also HaraTheCat awesome games. Are you coming up in August for the tourney?

And Cr8zykill3r would like to have had a chance to play your Ryu but I had to go.

Skullator

@Skullator: Man nice Chun and really awesome Makoto! Had a lot of fun playing against you! I underestermated your Makoto seeing as I thought that Mak had a real disadvantage against Rufus. lol
good shit bro!

Oh hey, I didn't know you were Ryuuku either. Was real fun playing you man, very nice Rufus gg's.
I'll get you added up next time I'm on.

redtie

Quote from: CrazyMobius on May 31, 2010, 07:07:22 AM
Also HaraTheCat awesome games. Are you coming up in August for the tourney?

Oh maybe bro, ahduno? If my vega gets ALOT better then I will consider it. We need more blanka mirrors I think. I wanted to play blanka vs blanka during our set but thought it would be better to get some exp with vega in that match.

CoffinDrop1

@CoffinDrop: Damn man your E. Honda is a beast! I just kept eating Muli Everytime I got up  ;D Shot Uce!

Sole u got a tricky Rufus. It's definately a different match up. I will just try and keep you out of the air so I can avoid that falcon kick mix up game. Definately gg's I had to eave early though as the TV was being taken over by the kids lol. GG's.

zos'la

Ryu is Hue's secondary now :P He mains Viper which I believe suits him more with the play style...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on June 01, 2010, 09:36:05 AM
Ryu is Hue's secondary now :P He mains Viper which I believe suits him more with the play style...

Definitely. Hue loves to press those buttons.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.