• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

Just learn to block Best Bibson. It's that original.bison.pressure. Remember short short short isn't a proper blockstring and you can ex mash that shit.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

Thats why I try not to abuse short, short, short ;D
We need to have a Bison mirror sometime bro, I've never actually played your Bison I don't think.
KOW 2011

karizzma

Ill_bill is it just me or is RSF on shotos and maybe rufus a lil different then other chars?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Not just you. They reel for ages after the first hit, assuming you havent started with a focus. You have to delay the second one slightly.

Luckily, if you get the timing sussed on them, it works the same with most of the other characters.

Rufus is the worst, since it sometimes look like you should hit him, but his fucked hitbox means you whiff completely and eat an EX jesus kick. I try not to go for meaty RSFs on Rufus for this reason. Its too unreliable for my liking.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Pjai

yea, it all went downhill from those bison pressure/crossups, couldnt really figure out anything and died hahaah meh, nxt time i will hve a new plan lol

in general I am hving trouble with cross ups on ibuki, especially low jumpers, cody, deejay etc.  I suppose i need to keep myself out of those situations with ibuki and use more back+mp as AA

samurai black

the ben vs richard matchup is 8-2

so sad  :'(

but still fun :D

geneterror

ggs last night Electric and scribbleART.

scribbleART your Makoto is pretty cool and your Chun is mean. Gave my Rufus a hiding and made me run back to Bison haha. I thought you had my number there at the start with that st.MP anti air with Makoto. I was getting frustrated because I couldn't get my rush on haha really made me rethink my game between rounds.

Electric once again some epic Bison vs Abel action! I felt like I was dominating in the early sets then you turned it around on me for a few and the last couple were anyones game until the last hit. Always feel like I've levelled up just a little bit each time I play you so ggs my friend. One day I'll learn to block what I assume is st.HK that you use all the time with Abel. You catch me trying to jump back all the time.
KOW 2011

Pjai

GGs to coffin and the other dude.

short set tho, only had a few games :< i thought i so had tat honda on the 1st set with ibuki lol then u came back 3 rds in a row

electric

Yeah GG's last night boys

Graeme - yeah they were some pretty close games... I kept kicking myself because I was playing really sloppy, particularly in those early matches... It's always fun playing your Bison though, and holy shit - I don't remember your Rufus ever being that scary before - more Rufus practice please!

Abels st.hk is so godlike - stops jump outs, does crazy stun and hits overhead if you try to block low. I thought I'd hit you with it enough times to stop you jumping out but I kept going for tick tornado throw which got neutral jumped for big damage. I started wising up later on but then had to go so it was a bit of a shame I couldn't get more in against you after I'd warmed up.

Scribble - we didn't get many games in thanks to geneterror running a train on both of us hahaha :P but those Chun v. Abel games were really close - that's one of the match ups I need more practice in, so keep it coming bro - your Chun is tricky as hell... GG's
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

iMagneto

Good Games the people i played couple days ago

-WEzzyzeff - ur bison improved alot bro..awesome.. wheres your sagat? i was hoping giving him some games.

-karizzma good games bro awesome El Furtre

- SkullatorNZ - Shouldnt came in my rank match bro.. next time make a endless battle.. awesome rank match bro. i hope u upload the reply hehe.

- Cptmunta - good game bro. mean rose pokes heh

- Danny_poo - Awesome games against your balrog.

- Electric4321 - Good games with abel your ultra 2 is insane..!

- Cr8zyk1ll3r - Good games the other day. til the lag fucked up my knee press.. good games again against ya C.viper

- CrazyMobius - Good Games as well the other day. 2nd game It was a fast Reaction when i jump forward to ur Electric 1st Ultra....just one time landed and pull psycho punisher lol..

paddy3456 - Awesome seth player mate, i havent played a good seth in ages.~ good game bro

NZtauranga - nice rush down with ya bull.. heh awesome match.

Ryuuk08 - Damm rufus! u play like justin Wong lol~ good game bro!

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: Pjai on June 03, 2010, 10:16:06 AM
GGs to coffin and the other dude.

short set tho, only had a few games :< i thought i so had tat honda on the 1st set with ibuki lol then u came back 3 rds in a row

Hey Pjai 4 sure GG's man. I havent had much match up exp Honda VS Ibuki so was good to battle it out and pick up on the match strategy. You had me good with the first 2 rounds and I was worried for sure  :o  I am impressed with your Ibuki - u always beat me with the mirror matches so I have to work on changing those stats around : )

That other guy was Daiko. He had a pretty good Dudley. I played him earlier on in the night where he used a fairly solid Gief. He sounded American as he was using a headset earlier on. Havent come across him before but he was using a wide range of characters. Would like to face his Gief again.

scribble

Quote from: geneterror on June 03, 2010, 10:12:02 AM
ggs last night Electric and scribbleART.
scribbleART your Makoto is pretty cool and your Chun is mean. Gave my Rufus a hiding and made me run back to Bison haha. I thought you had my number there at the start with that st.MP anti air with Makoto. I was getting frustrated because I couldn't get my rush on haha really made me rethink my game between rounds.
Quote from: electric on June 03, 2010, 10:20:13 AM
Yeah GG's last night boys
Scribble - we didn't get many games in thanks to geneterror running a train on both of us hahaha :P but those Chun v. Abel games were really close - that's one of the match ups I need more practice in, so keep it coming bro - your Chun is tricky as hell... GG's

GGs Geneterror, I dont think I have played you before (definately not anytime recently) so it was awesome to finally get a chance. Really nice Bison bro, good to see someone else messing round with Rufus too. I've been trying to learn a new char along with Mak and Chun and have been playing a bit of Rufus too.

GGs Electric bro, those were some hella tight matches. Last time we played I think I was using Mak only and you were going to town, so it was good to get some revenge with Chun in that first match lol. After that though you had some awesome battle-log-save-worthy comebacks. I could see us both struggling to gain and keep momentum. Really intense matches bro.

Sorry I ducked out early too, Hydro was inviting me to his lobby and I was gonna send you both invites but I got the dreaded "Unable to Join" message so spent an eternity tryna suss that out... good times psn
GG KariZZma, ^ same thing happened. Fuertes looking good, I shoulda stuck round since it was a really good close match.
GGs haraTHEcat, Coffin and CrazyMobius, sick Blanka bro, those cross-ups were making me cross-eyed lol.

Ryuuk08, lovin those Rufus mirrors bro. I'm very slowly getting the hang of his dive kick spacing and BnB's, so thanks heaps for the help :D

GGs to my brothers Skull and Hydro. Awesome playing you as always Skull, your Mak is relentless, it's hard to keep a cool head under her rushdown pressure. Keep it up bro.
Hydro, bro you have the patience of a saint. GGs as always, and thanks a ton for the advice and ass whoppings haha.
GGs to anyone I missed.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

Pjai

Quote from: CoffinDrop1 on June 03, 2010, 02:46:27 PM
Hey Pjai 4 sure GG's man. I havent had much match up exp Honda VS Ibuki so was good to battle it out and pick up on the match strategy. You had me good with the first 2 rounds and I was worried for sure  :o  I am impressed with your Ibuki - u always beat me with the mirror matches so I have to work on changing those stats around : )

Just cut down on using those neck breakers, i think it should help with the game.

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: Pjai on June 03, 2010, 03:58:30 PM
Just cut down on using those neck breakers, i think it should help with the game.

True good call there. I do get trigger happy with those for sure. Cheers bud.

samurai black

shot graeme for the games. at the start of our set i was in a bad mood and was getting soooo salty on my end :D

lucky i didnt have a mic or youd be posting about me in the sf4 rage thread :P

played much better when i calmed down :)