• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 07, 2010, 08:40:02 AM
Yeah awesome games Fist of Fury and Munta. My connection quit on me 4 times last night which was a pain. Fury that Juri is very nice. One of those games at the volcano my Hawk was just eating everything in the corner. Nice use of her wierd counter too. It was fun to watch in spectator mode.

Munta good to finally get some games in. Yeah Hakan is a funny one. That Rose match was lucky I think. On your Rose I definitely think you should keep her for the Nationals. One suggestion is with the Ultra 2 some times I would try to bait you into using it and then it would only chip. I think concentrate on waiting for the optimum time for activation.

Sadly won't be at nationals bro. Will be in Europe around that time. Hopefully some of the chch peeps can make it though.

Yeah you're right with Ultra 2 I do bust it out too often. There are tons of windows to use it in a match I just got to be a bit more careful. It's cool to have one orb hit and then do another combo with the spare one. Especially after countering a jump in. 
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CptMunta

Quote from: zosla on June 07, 2010, 02:52:00 PM
so who will make it from chch?

If we get enough entrants I guess we'll find out next weekend  ;)

karizzma

GG munta

Man I need to watch for that rose grab. Seems so fast and out of the blue but I will get ya... soon. I don't think you can do that string where you finish with the soul spear thing if I have ultra. I seem to be able to punish it pretty easy unless your not trying to jump.

CptMunta

Quote from: karizzma on June 08, 2010, 10:33:55 PM
GG munta

Man I need to watch for that rose grab. Seems so fast and out of the blue but I will get ya... soon. I don't think you can do that string where you finish with the soul spear thing if I have ultra. I seem to be able to punish it pretty easy unless your not trying to jump.

yeah man it's crazy even if I sprial from what would normally be a safe distance I got tagged with it, some real close matches. I need more hakan practice too will have to play again soon. Ggs man :D

Ggs skull
awesome matches as usual. Your mak is awesome fun to watch. Epic bison vs mak match. Shut all my tricks down! Kept trying to match my rose off against your chun but neither of us guessed right. Deejay vs chun was just sad :( Chun's MP>Deejay. Cool to see you square off against my bro. He's really random but is improoving :)

ggs Nick
still rocking an awesome juri. Rad seeing you and skull go at it.

Ggs hasty
your ryu and guile are solid just gotta tighten up the defence and you'll be set. Much better connection this time round. Sorry I to bail was getting late and was supposed to knock off a while ago. Be good to catch at the tournament :)

probably forgetting some people ggs spaz02 hard read your rushdown playstyle at times ggs.

Good long set. Made me feel alot better after bricking my psp earlier in the evening :(

Skullator

Yeah man good set with you and your bro, your Rose is rushing down something fierce haha.

Bad luck on the PSP brick ;\
You can fix it using Pandora's battery + magic stick.

hasty

yea man was some good games il keep practicing dude, yea my connection is better hopefully it stays that way..

Hydro

GGs to my brother Kurt last night on our Aussie accounts:

Some feedback if I may:

I notice you are quite hesitant to claim space or build an attack in most of our games last night, not that you were turtling or anything, you just seemed to keep your characters (Chun and Cammy) in a position on the screen where they weren't able to zone/advance without being predictable (jumping in or dashing once forward). When you did claim that space aggressively the fight got a lot more in your favor, but watch your patterns for tick throwing and your block strings too my bro. You should always have a goal in mind when you're executing a block string, be it bating a counter hit, throw, mixing up, baiting a reversal and you should have a plan for each outcome, as this is where you really control the pace of the match, as I found you'd pretty much go back to that same space on the screen (especially with cammy) after a block/attack string and relinquish all of the space and control you had garnered from the attack.

Also: I think your execution is really good, so I wouldn't worry too much about training mode for combos, instead I'd work in setting up the training dummy in situations where you find yourself in trouble (Cross-up set-ups, and mix-ups especially) and get your solutions/options for that situation down in your mind's eye my bro. I do it all the time, (like copy a match I had with Skull for example and set the CPU on a loop to work out what I'd do next time)

I definitely felt an improvement in your game last night, I hope my suggestions/feedback can help you out in some way too brother. Keen for more anytime! And I hope you Aussie ranked battles went well :D

scribble

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 10, 2010, 06:27:00 AM
snip

GGs as always brother, your Rose is definitely alot better than before. Thanks alot for the advice, it should be very helpful. I'll make sure to work on what you said. Sucks about your mic :'(

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

CoffinDrop1

Sup brothers.

GG's today to Karizzma. Finally get to play ur Fuerte again and got defeated. Definately ur Fuerte is much more well rounded and you are playing more patiently. That new ultra is serving you well too. Dam got me a couple of times with it which I will definately take away and recap on. Dude your getting pretty handy with most of the new characters man I am impressed brother! Ggs.

Also good 1 match briefly against Flash today too. Sorry bro u caught us at the end of our matches there so it was pretty quick. You got a solid sim. Really dominated fuerte in the first part of round 1 but then he turned it all around. With Honda I will try and keep as close as possible where I can against sim myself. GG's play again soon.

Quick question also how do you change ur region for PSN ntwk - now Im in Oz I want to change the region flag from NZ to Oz so I can search for local matches as opposed to any. Any tips would be O for awesome!

Pjai

you need to make a complete new account coffin.

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: Pjai on June 10, 2010, 07:52:40 PM
you need to make a complete new account coffin.

Mean thanks brother Pjai  ;D will do that tonight.

Nick4now

GGS to Skullator, CrazyMobius, Pjai, Arkade, Geneterror, Electric & Munta. I hope I didn't miss anyone as I've played so many good players over the past few nights.

@Skullator: I'm still loving the Juri vs Chun Matches bro. I was laughing when I teleported vertically and just ate an air throw hahaha I was hoping that my j.hp would snuff your EX Spinning bird kick but seems that i have to hit it right in the center and not in the first few frames.

@CrazyMobius: Again great T Hawk you got there! I need to stop making stupid mistakes. So many times I tried to counter your attacks but ultimately fails and then I get slammed lol

@Pjai: Very nice Chun man. You got a similar style to Skullator lol

@Arkade: Nice Cammy bro. You're so random. one night you're playing Makoto, the next you're playing Rose and Rufus, and now Cammy lol I hope you find a character that "clicks" soon  :)

@Geneterror: Wow you're another awesome bison player! It seemed that you were unfamiliar with the match up but you quickly learnt adapted during our set  :) Even predicting when I'm going high or low during FSE combos! nice one bro

@Electric: You're definitely the best Abel I've played so far! So consistant with the f.mk into dash... very impressive 8) I've never seen the mixups that you were you using but it was really helpful for me to learn what Abel is really capable of. At first I really hated his roll but then I realised I can just go CvS2 styles and just throw you  ;D hope I helped out with the Rufus matchup

@Munta: As always still nice matches again  :) I see your Rose is still leveling up and you've put her U2 to very good use! GGS bro

Thanks everyone for playing me, because thanks to you guys I think I've leveled up and more than ready for this Sunday's SSFIV Tourney  :)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

electric

Cheers bro - a few good matches in there

The Rufus match is a tough one for me - it seems like for all the dive kicks, counter hit cr.lp's, cr.lk's and throws, you have no choice but to just spin the wheel and pick something. It's definitely one of the harder ones for me, but I definitely learnt a lot from our games, so I should be more competitive next time - cheers bro!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

scribble

Quote from: Nick4now on June 10, 2010, 09:19:02 PM
GGS to Skullator, CrazyMobius, Pjai, Arkade, Geneterror, Electric & Munta. I hope I didn't miss anyone as I've played so many good players over the past few nights.

@Arkade: Nice Cammy bro. You're so random. one night you're playing Makoto, the next you're playing Rose and Rufus, and now Cammy lol I hope you find a character that "clicks" soon  :)

Thanks everyone for playing me, because thanks to you guys I think I've leveled up and more than ready for this Sunday's SSFIV Tourney  :)

Haha yea, trying everyone out :D. Been playing a bit more Abel and Adon too. I hope I can settle on a couple of mains soon aswell. Then I can start learning the more intricate details about the characters. GGs bro, the late night endless battles are awesome, since I always think I'm the only one that would be on at that time lol.

Btw, Eru/Electric, feel free to school me in the ways of a true Abel if you see me online. I have dabbled with him since vanilla but never really got very good, and would like to learn some more about him.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko