• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick4now

Sweet as bro! You on tomorrow (wednesday) night? I'll come online just to play you (and Syngin if I win  ;D) and then back to GGPO for some ST sparring sessions

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CrazyMobius

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on August 02, 2010, 08:21:11 PM

I'm gonna get an x box now, i just have to figure out how. I still wanna keep my PS3 though for it's superior exclusivity.

Yeah I think that's the main reason I don't like Xbox is it's got this nerdy image. Must be cos Microsoft make it I guess.

Skullator

Much love and gg's to the PSN crew tonight! Ryuuk, Scribble, Flash and Trialacc.
Good onya for getting a mic Flash, look forward to futher loltimes.

Just confirming that PSN rapes Xbox360 both in terms of console settings, and netcode\net features.
Noticed alot of seriously dumb shit about my Xbox after only having it for a couple days.

The optical audio port on the back is just absurd. Optical audio cables are supposed to click\snap into place on devices to ensure the connectivity, but the built in port on the back of the X360 slim doesn't allow for this lol, when pushed in alllll the way, the cable can be removed with a light pull or slight twist of the console (But then again, you wanna make sure your Xbox NEVER moves while it's switched on else it might feast on your disk! haha)

Headsets.... oh my lord. Microsoft push their users into plugging their cheap flimsy headsets INTO THEIR CONTROLLERS! Which is great if your some halo player, and also probably pretty great if you bought an X360 TE which has the port built in. But it's absolute garbage if your playing a fighting game and using any other stick. Because get this, xbox seems to seperate their users settings per controller in a strange way.. meaning if you want to play SSFIV using your stick, and perhaps have a pad with a mic in it sitting next to you, you are shit out of luck.

Futhermore, USB headsets\mics? S.O.L
Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 headset? Microsoft brand so surely they work? Right..? Right!? Guess again, S.O.L
I read until a fairly recent firmware upgrade, the USB ports couldn't even support memory sticks, which leads me to believe that USB headsets are not happening any time soon lol.

And you really do miss not having PSN's IRC chatrooms too.. I can't make heads or tails of X360's party system.. there seems to be little to no benefit of setting those up, as parties aren't even saved when you turn your console off?

Still.. it is nice to be able to play everybody on NZism. That's about the only redeeming feature of owning an Xbox for SSFIV lol.

Tales of Vesperia IS the shit though!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I quite like the party system. Its a hell of a lot simpler than attempting it on PSN. Why would it save the party? 90% of the time its different anyway. Im actually trying to figure out what it is youre trying to figure out. 'Setting one up' is as easy as pressing ONE BUTTON in the friends list.

The mic thing i would agree with. That shit seems retarded. The wireless mic is pretty good, but you CANT PLAY AND CHARGE IT AT THE SAME TIME. Which is fucking stupid.

PSN's chatrooms are a nice feature. Particularly for SF, since playing people in ranked is a fucking waste of time. But nothing really necesary.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

I just havn't spent enough time in a party to see the benefits versus simply having those same people on your friends list.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Actually, the party system only really shines when all players have a mic to be fair
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

The party system sounds like shit compared to the chat room. Cos in the chat you can have heaps of cunts just jumping in that aren't on your friends list and it's way better that it's saved for lol obvious reasons.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Youre comparing 2 totally different things. 'Saving' a party would be pointless.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv]OLEET on August 05, 2010, 12:03:06 PM
HAHA BRODSTA QUIT FOR LIFE LOL

WTF!!!!!! NAh g that's not even funny.

Loooks like i will have to be the new BRodsta.

Quote from: [FSR] BIRRY WONG on August 05, 2010, 11:44:28 AM
Youre comparing 2 totally different things. 'Saving' a party would be pointless.

As pointless as starting a party? Nah jk i don't know what  the fuck it is nevamind. See Bill if you dont' know what your talking about just end it lol nah algud.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

HoneyBadger

Nah serious I think he sold his PS3 =(
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: [â,,¢Âªv]OLEET on August 05, 2010, 12:10:49 PM
Nah serious I think he sold his PS3 =(

FUck he probably sold it for weed lol.

Dam wada bitch nigga.

Flash

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

okay , partys are so you can all talk together with your mates .
say me and bill are playing ssf4 , lenny could be playing battlefield , jay halo and  fong hyper fighting for instance .
even though were all playing diferent games we can all still chat in a party .

make sense ?
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

and yeah if you have a custom stick or broke the mic port on the te like i have , pick up a xbox wireless headset .
theyre really good and will give you the voice chat etc
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "