• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chocobuny

The problem is I don't ever miss my links offline. I have spent ages practicing them that it's just become second nature. So I get really pissed of when it gets blocked online. I can do Crouch fierce crouching foward into HK Spiral Arrow so easily offline and yet I don't even attempt it online.

I've started playing around with Blanka a bit and it's just so much better when I can be a bit more reckless because of the additional health. Also Cammy is losing her tiger knee c strike in the arcade edition so I dunno what I'm going to do then lol. I feel like I should just main Chun Li like 90% of the other people I vs.

Skullator

Choco, welcome to tier 1 frustration "Online timing"

Tier 2 is when you leave home to attend tournaments, and start playing on "Zero lag \ Lag free" displays, or basically just any display which isn't the one that you are used to at home. Now you'll start whiffing your shit and mistiming your techs at tournies.

Tier 3 is when you own PS3 and Xbox and have to constantly adjust your timings between platforms because the game plays at different speeds or with different levels of lag (Vanilla PS3 was slower for sure, and Super apparently ps3 has one more frame lag confirmed)

With a game with 1 frame links, it becomes noticable very quick.

You really wanna throw online frustration in to the mix on top of those things (Lol new zealand internet) blame it all on your character and bitch out mine?
Hate to sound like a prick and all, but if online play is all you aspire to, none of your frustration really matters you should just be playing for fun not to get mad.

Feel free to main a scrubby online Chun, if you want to play her properly you'll still whiff your 1 framers on different timings, that is human nature (You gotta adjust to shit, and constantly switching between the two is hard.

Ultimately, you can either get mad, or adapt to what you wanna do.

Hope I helped.
Lots of love.

Chocobuny

Quote from: Skullator on October 27, 2010, 01:07:50 PM
Choco, welcome to tier 1 frustration "Online timing"

Tier 2 is when you leave home to attend tournaments, and start playing on "Zero lag \ Lag free" displays, or basically just any display which isn't the one that you are used to at home. Now you'll start whiffing your shit and mistiming your techs at tournies.

Tier 3 is when you own PS3 and Xbox and have to constantly adjust your timings between platforms because the game plays at different speeds or with different levels of lag (Vanilla PS3 was slower for sure, and Super apparently ps3 has one more frame lag confirmed)

With a game with 1 frame links, it becomes noticable very quick.

You really wanna throw online frustration in to the mix on top of those things (Lol new zealand internet) blame it all on your character and bitch out mine?
Hate to sound like a prick and all, but if online play is all you aspire to, none of your frustration really matters you should just be playing for fun not to get mad.

Feel free to main a scrubby online Chun, if you want to play her properly you'll still whiff your 1 framers on different timings, that is human nature (You gotta adjust to shit, and constantly switching between the two is hard.

Ultimately, you can either get mad, or adapt to what you wanna do.

Hope I helped.
Lots of love.

Ouch.

Skullator

I'm just being a dick because all the stuff you're having problems with is old buzz as.

SFIV is an incredibly frustrating game unless you live in Japan where everything is technologically perfect for it.
Obviously characters like cammy were not developed with 150ms + in mind, so her shit is either very hard \ not worth it in laggy games.
Obviously turtling is big online, and Chun can turtle hard, playing with her online could be more effective for you, but remember she doesn't have a DP so if you pick chun you have to learn to sit in your opponents offense, block, crouch tech, and spot cross ups incredibly well if you want to do stuff.

And in case you didn't know, blocking and teching online is the biggest pain in the ass.
AND, should you get used to it, chances are you'll get destroyed next time you play offline and aren't used to the tech timing lol.

It's not Cammy's fault, it's just hard work.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Skullator on October 27, 2010, 02:23:19 PM
I'm just being a dick because all the stuff you're having problems with is old buzz as.

Fucking A. My links aren't really effected (still are though). But it is most of the reaction type shit that gets me online. Green bar don't notice it imho. But anything else and your reactions have to be a bit better. But is also good for practice in that perspective.

Reaction type shit: Teching throws that you have to look for without mashing crouch tech and other things you have to react to. Punishing shit is almost pre-input like Ken's lp Dp and Juri's lk pinwheel. Doing it while he is still falling will punish him. If you wait he will block it. There's other things too but can't think of them right now.

Everything Skull said is bang on. But everyone still moans about  it. Unless they have the exact same set up as giga (bastards).
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Chocobuny

My rant was more frustration than anything, I'm not really going to just go and pick up Chun because Cammy has some weaknesses lol. I didn't mean to make it sound like your main character is some ez scrub char or anything, I'm very aware that chun takes talent.

I have now learned to never vent on here again lol.

Skullator

It's all good and healthy man, I'm just a prick online been using message boards for like the last 10 years lol.

You wern't in Auckland right? Because ranbats is the beautiful way to boycott the bullshit.
Lower north island, roadtrip with me and Flash every weekend haha.
Wellington, it's tough =\
South Island, hit up Munta  8)

Hydro

g short gs to my brother skull. My internet was bung n couldn't get anywhere near Scribble's lobby.

shite.

delicious chun as usual. I'll try again 2 moro nite. Keen to play more mantis only Gen!

geneterror

ggs last night Paddy, haven't played SSF4 for a while so I'm rusty as. Too much Blazblue and Civ 5 ;D
KOW 2011

CrazyMobius

Will be on tonight as. Hope to get some chillanges in. Don't make me go Oz people.

CptMunta

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on October 28, 2010, 01:54:47 PM
Will be on tonight as. Hope to get some chillanges in. Don't make me go Oz people.

We'll be on tonight maybe. It's wireless though :( Since we'll be rockin' the lounge. Also going to try and get some online games with Gamersclub. If we get a txt I'll setup a lobby and our guys can play. That's if we can get 2 setups rocking maybe :)

As for online vs offline. I haven't been playing much online since I got back and it's taking me ages to get used to the timing of online. I played exclusively online while I was away and getting used to the timing has been a struggle.

But skull is right in his tiers. You do have to get used to the timing changes and the leaps between offline and online can be pretty dramatic. (Skull you schooled me so hard in my Oz account bro)

Is Chun a better all rounder? Sure. But Cammy is still solid, especially in some matchups. She gives Rose and Abel a whole world of headaches.

If you are in CHCH pop me a txt or a pm with you cell. Were having casuals tonight if you are keen, feel free to come over.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

electric

GG's last night to Munta, Jono_RR (Kelston scrubs ??)

Sorry I didn't stay longer, was on puppy sitting duty and he was being a bit emo.

Jono_RR - Your Guy is pretty good - you've got the basics down, just be wary of waking up with jab so often as it can be easily accounted for if you rely on it too much. Also, don't be afraid to just close the distance by walking rather than doing full screen run overheads or bushin flips because they're punishable (falling sky) if you get too predictable with them.

Nice Deejay Munta - pity our connection wasn't that great - It felt like I had to do stupid/unreliable stuff to make up for it, which is why I didn't go for very many ambiguous rolls. That one Rose v Abel match we had was ridiculous close too haha - down to pixels every round - nice.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CptMunta

^Yeah man awesome games.

My Deejay is really hit or miss at the moment. Not many of his standing pokes have the speed or range I'm used to and LK Dred kick looses so some stupid stuff as does EX for some reason. I think I win against people since their lack of match up knowledge and then they work out my 1 trick pony: landing Ultra 2 and doing shit tons of damage. Reminds me of playing Rose in vanilla.

Abel vs Rose was awesome as always and down to the wire. Both of us sporting some new tricks since last time we played.

Sorry we couldn't get games going Hydro. Maybe set your region to any when making a lobby. Was looking forward to sharing Rose notes :)

GGs Mobius:

I was doing okay at the beginning but started to get tired just on auto-pilot near the end. You Hakan is awesome. Love the colour choices too.

GGs to that Guy player that gief player and that T Hawk player.

Lots of new blood around which is awesome to see.  :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Chocobuny

Looks like I'm missing out, I never see these games when I'm on though lol. My TE stick is on the way though then I shall be back on traccccccccck!

Skullator

Choco did you ever get an invite to that Nzism PSN chatroom?
That's the best place I reckon to go to find games and add people, it's very often empty like an IRC channel, but if you go on at the right time, you can usually find the person you need to send you the invite.

Otherwise you could try just adding more people and being more agressive with your invites haha ;]