• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

CKL's is quite different to mine. He's very rush down, and I'm much more Footsie/Zoner/Lame style based. Dunno who's better, I know you can't tell by mirror matching lol. I guess everyone else should play him and see.
Yeah I play Devilleto, he's quite good too. And Hhyphen is really good, we played HEAPS on vanilla, but he's probably better than I am now on Viper, I haven't played him in a few months. :D

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer man he's way better than vanilla.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CrazyMobius

Hey does anyone notice that there aren't that many good Aussie players playing anymore? I remember there used to be a lot of variety in characters I fought but I don't think I've played an El Fuerte player in over 3 months.

zos'la

They all moved to XBL.
Hyphen's Viper is pretty good, but robsux's Viper from Syd is better, they both play on XBL.
James is correct in different play style, from personal perspective, rushdown viper is teh way to go as thats what she is good at, better than the zoning game but its there, just not as strong as her offensive.

XBl has A LOT of really good OZ players, too bad my connection is not good enuff yet, as my internet will be upgrade only this week :(
fingers cross for VDSL in a few days :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zos'la on January 17, 2011, 09:55:01 AM
They all moved to XBL.

Can you advise which players moved? A lot of people say they have gone to XBL which I find a little surprising as PSN  is not really THAT bad.

geneterror

It's not really that PSN is that bad it's more of a trickle down effect. Similar to NZism where Xbox has more playerw and tourneys are run on Xbox, so as people have been buying a new console or replacing an old one they are buying Xbox. It kinda sux because I don't really want to have to buy a whole second console just to play fighters but if the crowd for MvC3 is bigger on Xbox then that will seal the deal for me and I will get an Xbox. It's expensive though to buy for 2 games, MvC3 and BB:CS. Maybe when AE comes out a third game as well but for the moment I've stopped playing to focus on BB:CS and MvC3 when it drops.
KOW 2011

zos'la

too lazy, not trying to force anyone here, just making a comment from my experience changing from PS3 to XBL.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

Xbox360 is Australias console of choice.  I think the main reason is because xbox was the cheaper choice and PSN is not the greatest system when playing people online.  Even with the subscription you pay to play online is kinda stink but it is there and they keep an eye out to make sure everything works correctly and as easily as possible so it ain't that bad.

Though TBH, if you play on PSN theres bound to be people to play.  Usually you only want to play with people you know anyway.  Or people you have seen that are a challange so you keep playing them.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

LN

I would say some moved to xbox, and a lot don't want to play ssf4 anymore because they can play AE.

You'll find the numbers are dwindling on xbox too.
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] weazzyefff

They all fused to make one awesome player called weazzyefff.

Nah but atleast all the good bb players are on PSN.

Yer i can't afford xbox. Plus i think ps3 has better games. I would like to see how good the online is. Cos yer psn not bad. So xbox must be near lagless.

Everytime i try play you Cmob you always playing really scrubby guys anyway lol. And you never kick them so i leave. Your right though. They all gapped it. I think the ones that left is Dk69Dk, Derrace, Elimination. They weren't that great on PSn but i think they really imprroved when they went xbox i not sure.

PLus they got HB, and Toxy and i think some good Sagat player i forgot his name. I dunno if these guys play online though, but if they do that would be the biggest reason for them (psn guys) moving there. Is Robsux on there too? Damn. Now only need Brodsta to go xbox live so you's can have the real online beast. He plays way better online lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

geneterror

I agree with Alan. Super has been out for a while now and people are just moving on to other games especially with AE out it means you're almost playing a redundant version at home. I know I'm currently focusing on BB:CS and then Marvel when it drops, I'm not gonna keep sinking hours into an obsolete version of SSF4 especially with two other games i prefer to play being quite fresh and GT5.
I imagine it will pick up again when AE drops at home.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] weazzyefff

CS is obselete cos CS2 aswell. But everyone still play it. We just always talk about CS2 in chat forever lol.

It's not cos AE. Everyone of my psn friends still thrash ssf4 like AE wasn't even out. Even if  their status comments are 'Yang is awesome' and ' Yun time babyy'. They still on ssf4 for hours at night while i'm on bb. Everytime someone send me an invite i can't let it slide, gotta switch disks and bring out the Bison babey.

edit: Yer man, you forever on GT5 bro. Come back to bb, we miss you.

LN

Tell me where you can play cs2.

Anyway I've heard from plenty of people on #ozhadou that they aren't playing super anymore because of ae.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: LN on January 17, 2011, 12:59:17 PM
Tell me where you can play cs2.

Oh i meant cos it's obselete. And the Aussie players were talking about might have it.

LN

CS2 is *ONLY* playable in Japanese arcades. The arcade hardware being used is completely unable to be used elsewhere because it's all online DLC distributed and authorised. Not in the states, not in AU, probably not even in other asian territories. All that's available is bb:cs. If you want to play bb at all, you play cs. If you don't want to play cs, you don't play bb.

AE however is completely playable for australians, against strong competition, offline in the arcades where they like it. Not a lot of incentive to continue playing ssf4 online.