• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer i was kinda thinking that after i posted it. Thanks for confirming it lol.

ANd yer Aussie probably got a strong arcade scene. That gg's in Sydney arcade or net cafe? THink net cafe ay.

edit: I hope when MvC3 comes out that heaps of more casual gamers come out and start beasting outta nowhere. On psn of course , fuck xbox. I like how it comes straight to console too.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

ErlKing2

Quote from: LN on January 17, 2011, 01:12:00 PM
CS2 is *ONLY* playable in Japanese arcades. The arcade hardware being used is completely unable to be used elsewhere because it's all online DLC distributed and authorised. Not in the states, not in AU, probably not even in other asian territories. All that's available is bb:cs. If you want to play bb at all, you play cs. If you don't want to play cs, you don't play bb.

AE however is completely playable for australians, against strong competition, offline in the arcades where they like it. Not a lot of incentive to continue playing ssf4 online.

Isn't SSF4 AE the same arcade system as BBCS2?

zos'la

@ weazzy, robsux is on xbox and GG's is actually a mini game centre. They do card games such as yugi o, pokemon and stuff like that.. like card crazy if you remember it when it was still around. The other half is 4x SSF4 AE cabs and 4x Tekken 6 cabs. They also sell guides to game and other game related stuff at teh counter.

About Australians not playing SSF4 anymore on console? its not that much of a difference from console and AE. I mean the base fundermental are STILL there, its teh same game which has been tweaked to balance further. They still play at home but of course prefer AE when they are out, just like us.

Also, GG's is the size of Giga's lounge area where we do our tournaments, its small and only have 8 cabs all together.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The Aus arcade scene is no different than hours. Yifans is bigger by far than any arcade ive been to in Sydney/Melbourne anyway. (Although the management at yifans is, for lack of a better word, unhelpful.)
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Well, there is only one dedicated arcade in Sydney and nobody goes there cause they are total cunts.  The others are Mini arcades or shops that have cabinets such as china towns food shops having cabs and gg's.

Yifans is large in space/arcade games wise but the amount of competition and people playing everyday cannot be matched with Sydney alone.

EDIT: Also with GG's and Galaxy being in Central sydney right next to Tafe and Sydney Uni just a few k's walk.  Shit, even Sydney Uni has a little arcade in the food court.  Been about a year since i've been there so could be different.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

LN

Quote from: ErlKing2 on January 17, 2011, 01:38:10 PM
Isn't SSF4 AE the same arcade system as BBCS2?

BB:CS2 is Nesica, AE is still the old ttx2

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on January 17, 2011, 01:17:42 PM
edit: I hope when MvC3 comes out that heaps of more casual gamers come out and start beasting outta nowhere. On psn of course , fuck xbox. I like how it comes straight to console too.

Unfortunately the vs series isn't famed for being at all friendly for casual gamers - or even most fighting game players.

Quote from: zos'la on January 17, 2011, 01:52:25 PM
About Australians not playing SSF4 anymore on console? its not that much of a difference from console and AE. I mean the base fundermental are STILL there, its teh same game which has been tweaked to balance further. They still play at home but of course prefer AE when they are out, just like us.

I guess you would know. I only talk to some of them directly on irc.
There is no knowledge that is not power

Hydro

SO I got BB:CS today. . . I'm so noob. Gimmie a couple weeks n I'll be down for challenges lol. :D

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: [PF]Hydrokinesis on January 17, 2011, 05:31:26 PM
SO I got BB:CS today. . . I'm so noob. Gimmie a couple weeks n I'll be down for challenges lol. :D

Yesssss!!!! Awesome bro. You gonna love it.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

geneterror

Maybe our copies of BB:CS and LBP2 will communicate better than SSF4 ;)
KOW 2011

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

weazel , brodstas been on xbox 2 weeks ago , Brodsta psn is his tag i think
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on January 17, 2011, 06:14:17 PM
weazel , brodstas been on xbox 2 weeks ago , Brodsta psn is his tag i think

Baroo. I hope you are joking!!!

That makes me the new Brodsta bwahahahaha.

CrazyMobius

I never thought players would stop playing online just cos AE is out. And I figured not many folks in Oz would have access to play AE. But yeah I guess the game is getting old now.

One more unfortunate situation might be the flooding in Oz at the moment.  :-[

stereomonkey

Nice one! :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Nick4now

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on January 17, 2011, 06:57:33 PM
I never thought players would stop playing online just cos AE is out. And I figured not many folks in Oz would have access to play AE. But yeah I guess the game is getting old now.

It's pretty much pushed me away from SSFIV tbh... And when I am online I'm usually just messing around. But the main reason is probably because I'm maining Yun now and with him missing it makes me not wanna play  :-\

In saying that though in recent days of messing around I've been having fun learning other characters. I've got a new secret character (again) for this weeks mashup hohoho

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] weazzyefff

GGs CKL-10! Mint games there bra.

When you in the corner against W.Bison. I would say block. Wait. When you see that it only hit the tip (1hit) of sk, there's a good chance a s.Hk is gona come out. Ryu mk/hk will beat it. If you think another scissor kick, try mp. It's usually a s.Hk though. I will change up shit though be prepared.

I like switching up the chars too. I get bored if i play Bison for too long. And it's actually a bad thing if you wanna learn matchup because after a while i'll be trolling -BB term for fucking around. But if i start losing and i need to make myself happy again i always go back to him. Which doesn't happen enough tbh  :'( Unless i start going really horrific chars like my scrubby Seth or Gouken  :'(

You can spam fireball until i have ultra or charge. And zone me that way for a good 3 secs untill i FADC through cos i'm an impatient fuck.

Umm. Maybe you should try SRK for more matchup info, that first paragraph was weazal gold that you'll never find anywhere. I can't really think of anything else cos i'm tired (look at time). And there might not be more.

Sometimes it's not the matchup but other weaknesses (or beastlyness lol) that some people don't understand. Not that you got any i can think of. Usually i got tons for other people lol. But just saying you know won't hurt to look at some replays or something.

Anyway, hope you find the site alright. And gg's will play you anytime, very entertaining set there.