• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Nick4now on March 01, 2011, 08:29:35 AM
GGs Weazzy, your Dante is hardout! Didn't even know that he could teleport and his rocket thingys track?  :D Your Sent is fucking cheap (in a good way) and needs to eat a pipe  :P I panic hard when you snapback my Phoenix without 5 meters and just I'm holding down the tag button for Haggar the whole time. lol

Keen for more games tonght bro but not starting as late as we did last night, I need sleep lol I'm happy that I'm not as behind as I thought I would be lol

Probably better to try to teleport away, build two meters and safe DHC someone else in.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Nick4now

I think you're right about that Smoof although I was also teleporting around too  ;D DHC is probably the safest way to get her out like you said but I'm usually too stingy with meter to do that lol

Damn if only there was a spectator mode I would be keen for a large lobby with the NZism crew  :-\

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

If youre using phoenix you need to know how to manage your meter.

If the best thing to do is DHC out, DHC out. Dont just sit there trying to tag if the opponent is expecting it. You'll end up with another dead character, or another almost dead character and phoenix snapped right back in there. If theyre waiting for you to try to tag, I would almost be tempted to risk an offense with her, and go for a snapback myself, then tag her out when the opponent is off the screen. Only costs one meter, and is safer than just a random desperation raw tag. Safer if you can manage to kill off a character and then tag her out. Dont even necessarily have to use meter in that scenario.

Managing meter isnt just "LOLSAVEDAMETARFORFENIXLOL"
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Nick4now

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on March 01, 2011, 01:40:54 PM
If youre using phoenix you need to know how to manage your meter.

If the best thing to do is DHC out, DHC out. Dont just sit there trying to tag if the opponent is expecting it. You'll end up with another dead character, or another almost dead character and phoenix snapped right back in there. If theyre waiting for you to try to tag, I would almost be tempted to risk an offense with her, and go for a snapback myself, then tag her out when the opponent is off the screen. Only costs one meter, and is safer than just a random desperation raw tag. Safer if you can manage to kill off a character and then tag her out. Dont even necessarily have to use meter in that scenario.

Managing meter isnt just "LOLSAVEDAMETARFORFENIXLOL"

Fuck why didn't I think of that. But yeah I'm still learning how to manage meter and when to use X-Factor. I'm always keen to save it for level 3 instead of using it earlier to either save a character from getting chipped to death or to kill one my opponent's characters by doing a XFC. Still got a lot to learn.

Thanks for pointing out that I'm a scrub Bill  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Hey bro gg's mane.

Yer i got lots to learn too. I only know snapback combo with Dante ay. So after you kill him. i was like, 'oh fuck, now i'm fucked as'.

I kept trying to aa your wolverine dive kick with my laucher. That's why i was looking so free lol. And i kept trying to jump up and push block you haggar too. But i mighta been timing it wrong or the lag mighta been killing it. I just wanted to push that cunt back ay but was getting piped up. I don't think i blocked shit in those games. Still trying shit out. That's the second time i played against Haggar too lol.

You badly should use his assist more man. It's so cheap. I won't be able to do mixup shit if you spam him bro. Other than that you played very well. I can see your team being very beast.

Everytime i snapback your phoenix. I was like yer bitch now your mine. Set up drones and mix up. Only for you to come in and start fucking me up with her lol. Then switch back to Haggar for pipe rapage.

Heaps more practice needed.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

geneterror

ggs last night Josh and Snakey!

Snakey I hate Zero, that stupid 3 hit jumping C :P

Josh, so funny how half our fights came down to who lost Wolverine first haha. Close games though, heaps of fun. A few good instant overheads from your Wolverine.
I'm trying to work on following Wolverines up air S with Doom Molecular Shield. Only got it once but it was satisfying haha.
KOW 2011

K123_iy

ggs smoof - some close games there, i thought chris was meant to be good matchup against sentinel but i didn't really know what to do once you started flying around

Chocobuny

Played SSF4 on Aus for first time in months today. Had to make a new account and all. First match is a 3k bp Balrog with no ability to combo at all, couldn't even do jab jab short headbutt on me. Killed easily.

Second time I vs him he picks Blanka. I pick Dee Jay for the lols. He was your typical spammy Blanka but my Dee Jay knowledge isn't that great so I lost. I thought something was pretty fishy with him so I checked the replay and lo and behold, hes using turbo. When he does a single jab randomly, about 4 inputs come out. When he does jab into electricty he gets 20 jabs. So I message him and say Turbo, really?

He replies "HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEARD OF PIANO INPUTS?"

just what the fuck. It went on for a bit, me explaining what piano actually is and eventually he just gives up. In related news, the only characters I seem to find on aus is Blanka and Balrog.

Edit: Im aware this is pretty off topic. Just needed to get it out there.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Chocobuny on March 03, 2011, 11:22:56 PM
Played SSF4 on Aus for first time in months today. Had to make a new account and all. First match is a 3k bp Balrog with no ability to combo at all, couldn't even do jab jab short headbutt on me. Killed easily.

Second time I vs him he picks Blanka. I pick Dee Jay for the lols. He was your typical spammy Blanka but my Dee Jay knowledge isn't that great so I lost. I thought something was pretty fishy with him so I checked the replay and lo and behold, hes using turbo. When he does a single jab randomly, about 4 inputs come out. When he does jab into electricty he gets 20 jabs. So I message him and say Turbo, really?

He replies "HAVEN'T YOU EVER HEARD OF PIANO INPUTS?"

just what the fuck. It went on for a bit, me explaining what piano actually is and eventually he just gives up. In related news, the only characters I seem to find on aus is Blanka and Balrog.

Edit: Im aware this is pretty off topic. Just needed to get it out there.

I've never had a problem with turbo. I don't use it but it sure is annoying when you pick Blanka and want to electricty and have to be careful not to EX Electricity.

CrazyMobius

Damn PSN store not working. The alt costumes were meant to be released today. I want my alt Ryu and Thor dammit.  >:(

Pinolicious

GG's Hydro, shame about the lag, I notice you dropping some combos

I feel like dog is anti sent, and dorm has some phatt chip keep away.

have you tried doom hidden missle assist?  I always have trouble against that
<PSN> Kriselda

Hydro

Yeah GGs bro, Lag killed me a couple times, especially on any attempted Doom loop. Couldn't get a flow on with Ammy last night, dropped my glaive combos and mis-timed everything lol. Still, had heaps of fun though!!!! :D

Pls invite me for games anytime bro!

geneterror

Looks like it's time to hit up the PSN warriors again. Been to busy playing with my new Xbox :-[
KOW 2011

Pinolicious

GG's Karizzma & Snake1337.

I feel some people are starting to get a feel for Sentinel (either that or I'm scrub, most likely both haha)
<PSN> Kriselda

jsculls

GG's to those I played last night, some pretty decent comp out there and it's good to get a feel for where NZ'ers are at with MVC3