• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

Quote from: budafist on August 09, 2009, 06:02:33 PM
skill levels are impressive these days, maybe everyone's in tournament mode?
some good players I've met lately are:

|R U |M |M |B L |E
Ennzed
ControlAltTehl33t
St0l (?)

more often than not, my friend Gene (not Gene terror) are playing together.
so if its Ryu or Rose - its probably Gene
Ken, Blanka, Sagat - me.

come get ya whoopings  ;)

I was hoping to have my second PS3 stick before the tourney so we could have a jam but it's not turning up for another two weeks. Keen as for a session at our new place when it turns up though! See you on the weekend.
KOW 2011

budafist

hey cuz, I got 2 sticks at my place now, not TE but good enuff.
that's if you don't mind jamming out on the Sexbox360? we should suss out a grind date this week, I'll get Gene over. keen?
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: budafist on August 10, 2009, 05:03:51 PM
that's if you don't mind jamming out on the Sexbox360? we should suss out a grind date this week, I'll get Gene over. keen?
yeah that Hori stick was used by awesome dude previously haha
Push any button and it does fierce dragon :)
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

budafist

bahaha! yeah I thought I felt the spirit of a shoryuken warrior residing in it.
It continues its legacy of delivering EX Fire Punches to all challengers with weak poke strings.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

geneterror

Quote from: budafist on August 10, 2009, 05:03:51 PM
Yeah bro, send me a PM with your cell number and we'll hook it up.
KOW 2011

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: budafist on August 10, 2009, 08:18:50 PM
bahaha! yeah I thought I felt the spirit of a shoryuken warrior residing in it.
It continues its legacy of delivering EX Fire Punches to all challengers with weak poke strings.

Haha excellenttttttttttttttttt  8)
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Went to get in a few quick matches against xpunch this morning, aaaaand my xbox started overheating. Thought it was just lag, but it shouldnt have been THAT bad with 4 bars. So i stopped and decided to jump into training mode. And the SAME SHIT started happening. I thought it was gonna RROD on me again given that it kept freezing/unfreezing. >_<

Turns out it was just dusty as a motherfucker in there. Vacuumed it out and it seems to be working fine. O_o Im gonna have to start cleaning my lounge more often >_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 12, 2009, 12:51:08 PM
Went to get in a few quick matches against xpunch this morning, aaaaand my xbox started overheating. Thought it was just lag, but it shouldnt have been THAT bad with 4 bars. So i stopped and decided to jump into training mode. And the SAME SHIT started happening. I thought it was gonna RROD on me again given that it kept freezing/unfreezing. >_<

Turns out it was just dusty as a motherfucker in there. Vacuumed it out and it seems to be working fine. O_o Im gonna have to start cleaning my lounge more often >_>
Hey bill ask your 360 pad mates if they have ever used a ps3 pad before, and maybe they can have a feel of it at 11' on saturday to see if they like it.  My 360 mates think ps3 pad is way better.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 12, 2009, 03:00:12 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 12, 2009, 12:51:08 PM

Hey bill ask your 360 pad mates if they have ever used a ps3 pad before, and maybe they can have a feel of it at 11' on saturday to see if they like it.  My 360 mates think ps3 pad is way better.

With respect: A PS3 pad may be 'better' but more than likely people will want to play with what they're used to in a tourney.

For our local alpha3 tourney a couple years back I could do all the V-ism crouch cancel infinites on a fuckin dreamcast pad, but get me to the arcade (where the tourney was held) and I had a hard time busting the moves consistently. I'd never argue a dreamcast pad is better than a stick, period, but it was what I was used to, which is kinda what's being discussed here.

Tricky situations, I can't say I envy the person who has to make the call IF the above situation arises.

stereomonkey

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 12, 2009, 03:41:52 PM
For our local alpha3 tourney a couple years back I could do all the V-ism crouch cancel infinites on a fuckin dreamcast pad, but get me to the arcade (where the tourney was held) and I had a hard time busting the moves consistently. I'd never argue a dreamcast pad is better than a stick, period, but it was what I was used to, which is kinda what's being discussed here.

Yeah, I remember practicing Magnetos rom infinte on the DC pad.  That shit was crazy... I don't think I can do that again.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 12, 2009, 03:57:01 PM

Yeah, I remember practicing Magnetos rom infinte on the DC pad.  That shit was crazy... I don't think I can do that again.
LOL, i'm not saying ps3 pad is better because i'm used to it lol, thats fucking retarded, i'm saying ps3 pad is the TE stick of pads.

Oh and i'm def not arguing the pad vs stick bullshit, i'm not a fuckwitt
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

HoneyBadger

^ Wouldn't the TE stick of pads be the Fightpad?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Smoofikith on August 12, 2009, 04:12:34 PM
^ Wouldn't the TE stick of pads be the Fightpad?

Yes.

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 12, 2009, 04:09:35 PM
Quote from: stereomonkey on August 12, 2009, 03:57:01 PM

LOL, i'm not saying ps3 pad is better because i'm used to it lol, thats fucking retarded, i'm saying ps3 pad is the TE stick of pads.

Oh and i'm def not arguing the pad vs stick bullshit, i'm not a fuckwitt

Youre saying that in your opinion the PS3 pad is better than the 360 pad. Which may well be true, (and probably is) but a player that is used to playing on a 360 pad WILL play better on a 360 pad than a PS3 pad. I realise that you want to avoid playing on a stick, but if you end up facing a 360 padwarrior, then thats just what has to happen.

*Puts on best admin voice he can*

Best to keep this discussion on the Q&A thread guys. Feel free to copy and paste this post there and continue.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

All I heard was

NOT GIBBING UP! FRRRRYYYYIIIING GIGABUSTARRRRRRR
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

stereomonkey

Yeah, get the fuck off the xbox shout out forums you bastards! ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"