• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xpunch

Quote from: Rorooze on October 10, 2009, 08:39:39 PM
hey xpunch, very bad uncle and myself gave you some games last night! we got pretty owned, haha, way to used to just playing each other, was good to get some games against someone different!

sorry for the disconnects at the end of the night, was raining out here last night and sometimes the phone line/internet gets a bit crabby!

ggs bois had sum good games, and its good to play against new ppl man all the 360 players dnt really play online much anymore

stereomonkey

Yeah, im kinda over SFIV at the moment or well since the last couple of months.  Might get back into when SSFIV arrives.

EDIT: gg Alan at Marvel.  Damn that silly Mags/Cable/Capcom team!  >:(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

I don't really jump on unless people ask me to play, but yeah xbl seems pretty dead.

ggs stu, man I hate 360 mvc2 though... I hope the patch makes it more DC like...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

gunsmoke

DC work the best for MVC2 , even thought theyt have soooo many bugs...but nothing beats da original console...

One question .....My DC had a problem , They reset itself sometimes. I guess is the lence is not functioning....any1 have a same problem...?????

I love my DC otherwise i need to buy new 1 .. :'(
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

Yep, that's a VERY common occurrence. If you don't mind fiddling with electronics stuff, you can open up the DC and fix it yourself (being very careful since you're tinkering around the power supply), or if you bring it to the next NZism gathering I can fix it for you.

Here are some instructions: http://www94.pair.com/jsoper/dc_fix.html
or a reasonably accurate video version: http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-fix-the-random-restart-problem-on-a-sega-dreamcast-151750/
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: xpunch on October 11, 2009, 03:52:03 AM
Quote from: Rorooze on October 10, 2009, 08:39:39 PM
hey xpunch, very bad uncle and myself gave you some games last night! we got pretty owned, haha, way to used to just playing each other, was good to get some games against someone different!

sorry for the disconnects at the end of the night, was raining out here last night and sometimes the phone line/internet gets a bit crabby!

ggs bois had sum good games, and its good to play against new ppl man all the 360 players dnt really play online much anymore

yeah sorry man every time i get a invite from you im either playing gankatron or stu . Next time i will just come over for a game
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

stereomonkey

That was a good quick bash this morning Euan.  You got those Ken links down cuz but you need to do some mixes and actually try to do those links instead of that damn kara throw.

Oh and yes, I think the xbox scene is still alive.  It's just people like to play against certain people.  Though whenever I jump on fricken everyone wants to invite me for games all the time (and it kinda makes me feel a bit guilty when I want to play something "non fighting" related)

stereomonkey

gg Barnstorm.  Fucking cable/storm/cyclops! ;)

Hope I didnt make you rage with Blackheart >_<

airforcetahi

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on May 11, 2009, 06:10:34 PM
Quote from: stereomonkey on May 11, 2009, 06:06:35 PM
Lol, gg's to illbill!

Bad match up with your Elfuckerte against Gouken.  Don't have any idea on what to do against wake up splash with him.  Also couldn't fricken tech throw you at all.

Nice Ken and Elfuckerte though.  Need to get in more matches bro!

Do the counter against fuerte.  Gouken is really dangerous for fuerte to mix up on
I own disco with guile,hit me back dog?
The can only be one

stereomonkey

Hey you bolo, where you been at.  Come back on xbox and i'll give you a run for your money :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

ggs stu and barnstorm with the MVC2

You might have noticed i was playing pretty bad. The desk that i play at is at the wrong height, so i mess up a lot of my airdashes etc because im in an uncomfortable position. (And yay for random unexpected tag-ins >_>) And i cant play with the stick on my lap because i end up moving too much and making the problem just as bad.

Was mad fun though.

I was pretty happy with that raging demon (XD) and the subsequent epic tron comeback. And the MSP mirror that the two of you had was awesome, if only for all the psylocke use that happened.

Stu, who the fuck uses blackheart against dan? What a little bitch. But when you position the infinite you should try to make use of it more. And dont worry so much about repositioning blackheart to keep it going. A lot of the times it dropped you couldve just normal jumped straight up and it wouldve kept going anyway.

Barnstorm, spiral is infuriating. In a good way. I would hate you passionately if i didnt know how fun she was to play. Your anakaris isn't bad either. I kinda wanted some kind of anak mirror, but alas, without a mic, my requests are useless.

ggs guys.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

God damn it, I had a massive post already typed out and then the battery on my laptop died (I thought it was on charge >_<)

Barnstorm, fuck your damn cable/storm/cyclops.  The last match we had with you using them I had the advantage and then fucked up twice on snapping out bloody cable.  next thing I know I was in lock down and everytime I thought I was able to escape I get hit by fricken ahvb because my character is not moving backwards!!!  But good games though, lol :D  I also had alot of fun against your Anakaris, nice beasting my Blackheart by making him you curse bitch haha.

Bill, fuck you, get a mic!  Or chat on vent at the same time. :)
Most of the times it wasn't me doing a normal jump, it was me performing the blasted j.hk or the air dash after it.  Your T.bonne was the bomb bro!  Fucking destroyed my Sent who had 2 thirds health!  I didn't figure out what the fuck was happening until it was too late.  Also, I don't give a shit who you pick.  I pick who I wanna play.  So don't cry because I picked Blackheart BEFORE you even selected a character.  So there :P  And ummm, is it alright to say I had more of a tough time with Barnstorms Ana/Sim/Sent than that Ana/Son/T.Bon team you were playing?

Also, if ANYONE see's me online and wants to play marvel, flick me a invite straight away.  If you are in a lobby and ready than that is a bonus ;)

oh and Alan my main man.  Where were you brotha! :'(

Thank god I have my school desk :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: stereomonkey on October 12, 2009, 11:58:55 PM
God damn it, I had a massive post already typed out and then the battery on my laptop died (I thought it was on charge >_<)

Barnstorm, fuck your damn cable/storm/cyclops.  The last match we had with you using them I had the advantage and then fucked up twice on snapping out bloody cable.  next thing I know I was in lock down and everytime I thought I was able to escape I get hit by fricken ahvb because my character is not moving backwards!!!  But good games though, lol :D  I also had alot of fun against your Anakaris, nice beasting my Blackheart by making him you curse bitch haha.

Bill, fuck you, get a mic!  Or chat on vent at the same time. :)
Most of the times it wasn't me doing a normal jump, it was me performing the blasted j.hk or the air dash after it.  Your T.bonne was the bomb bro!  Fucking destroyed my Sent who had 2 thirds health!  I didn't figure out what the fuck was happening until it was too late.  Also, I don't give a shit who you pick.  I pick who I wanna play.  So don't cry because I picked Blackheart BEFORE you even selected a character.  So there :P  And ummm, is it alright to say I had more of a tough time with Barnstorms Ana/Sim/Sent than that Ana/Son/T.Bon team you were playing?

Also, if ANYONE see's me online and wants to play marvel, flick me a invite straight away.  If you are in a lobby and ready than that is a bonus ;)

oh and Alan my main man.  Where were you brotha! :'(

Thank god I have my school desk :P

As for my blackheart comment, realistically, who the fuck picks dan against ANYONE? Me being the manliest cunt ever isn't an excuse for losing, even if it is against the cheesiest character in the game. :P

But in all seriousness i have big problems against blackheart. Like i said before, im used to being rushed down, and countering it with MORE rushdown. Im not ACTUALLY bitching about cheesiness. Doing that in marvel is fucking stupid. >_>

As for Barnstorms Anak as opposed to my anak, yea, saying you had a tougher time against him is all good. He was playing anak A LOT better than i was last night anyway. And it actually looks like he's more used to the way you play than i am :P. He also plays him slightly different to me anyhow. The sonson assist makes him a totally different character, which i wasnt really taking advantage of. :(

Like i said, i was playing pretty meh by my standards. Especially on the Anakaris front. Mid air sjd.lk pyramid is fucking retarded. As is getting the sj coffindrop super when im trying to airdash. I dont normally make dumb mistakes like that. TBH i was horrendously disappointed by my anak. The fucking angle/height of the stick shouldnt have made THAT MUCH difference. >_>  In general i rate anak as my strongest character. I started picking up towards the end, (though not with anakaris) but i had to take off because of work at fucking 5am.

As for the mic front, i dont have one for vent either. Im working on it. But not avidly.

And as one final note, you and barn both have better sentinels than me. There wasnt much difference to my arcade sentinel last night. My sent is ACTUALLY that bad. >_<
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Yeah soz about that, was really tired so packed it in early.

Sounds like you guys got some ggs tho!

stereomonkey

Yeah, was a lot of fun for a short amount of time.  Come on tonight again if you can and we can have some more games if your keen. 

Also Bill, Cant wait till you find that right height to play.  Also watching your t.bonne and the stuff you kept doing to keep people on lockdown has got me interested in playing team Z again.  I can never use t.bonne on point so I might go practice on some people with her to get a feel going on.