• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck sorry Stu/heb. I couldn't play like that.

At one point vs heb's mag i saw what looked like a square jump mid screen, and when the game sped up again sent was apparently in the corner with 85% of his life mysteriously gone. (in all honesty, with the terribad quality of my sent it probably wouldnt have gone much better anyway)

Games with you weren't much better stu. :( Such a shame my dan isnt really a match for your BH. I need to practice more SAIKYOOOOOOO. (hes still stronger than my rubbish sent though i reckon >_>)

Kind of lame that my first games with heb were plagued with this rubbish. He seems really decent. I just with his characters would stop teleporting around the screen at random. Hopefully that 'patch' sorts this out.

Anyway stu, im GUESSING that given the way you play BH, you probably have some trouble fighting good rushdown/pressure (msp etc). Are you busting capcom out in these situations or sticking with cyke? BH/Sent/Capcom would be a good bet. Cyke is much easier to avoid than capcom, especially from mag's point of view. One capcom hit and you can get back to pinning the fucker down with demons. Bear in mind this is all a totally random guess. And forgive the spiel. I like team building almost more than actually playing.

Cyke i reckon is a better assist overall for BH, (worth it alone for the bait -> cyke -> inferno -> HoD) but given your playstyle i think capcom would serve you better.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Thanks for the tips Bill.  Honestly, if your able to use vent while playing on the xbox I recommend  getting a cheap mic for the pc.  That way your not limited to using only the xbox for chatty goodness.

I'm just trying to level up my knowledge on what I can and cannot do with cyclops.  Like build up in stages.  this stage i'm just seeing what are the opportunities I can create to land the infinite.  I've already got an understanding on his keep away and pressuring.  Once I master the ability of connecting the infinite i'll start working on the mix ups and resets with him.  With rush down characters I seem to always have trouble due to me not putting that pressure back on them.  I know I can use CapCom to keep the rush down to a minimum but I honestly really hate playing with/against him.  Another thing is I'm sure there is a split second of vulnerability when you see a trijump while you are blocking low so you automatically hold back to come into a standing position to find yourself still crouching and you eat that trijump >_<

gg to Heb though, you fucking monster!!  Your gameplay in some rounds are near flawless and then other rounds you seem all over the place.  Yet you still have that knowledge of knowing what to do and when which seems to really kill me, lol :'(

Barnstorm, hopped on a little while ago and noticed that you were on an hour ago.  We ended up finishing at 9.30 your time.  Well next time okay boss :D

xPunch, sorry about that game.  I was trying to send Heb a message saying your still green when it comes to marvel but he didn't end up getting it till after you left.  Sorry again man.  Next time I'll have some rounds with you, Euan and myself and that way I can level you guys up :D

massi4h, get a stick and come play marvel.

Also, thanks for the games guys.  It's been so much fun playing.  Gino and Lenny, hope you guys can come back to Marvel to jam.  Lets keep this up guys!!! :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The vulerability sounds like its just input lag. Which, given this port, wouldn't surprise me. And fair call on hating the capcom. A good way to get past that is to jam out with him on point for a while. Once you start seeing him as a fun character (which he IS. lolmashgrab100%damage) it wont bother you as much when youre abusing his assist. Thats how i feel/felt about tron, and i use her a HELL of a lot now.

Overall though i would try to be a bit less reckless with BH, particuarly if youre using cyke. As you probably know hes more of a 'bait & call' type of assist, as opposed to capcom's relative 'mash me like no tomorrow' playstyle.

Youre better off in the long run with the team youre currently running. But if MSP ever starts to frustrate you, capcom is gonna ease that pain pretty quick. ;)
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

What is the trick to getting big damage off Capcom's throw? I like to think I'm a pretty decent masher (got out of hypergrav tempest every time in the last set of games Stu & I played), but never get THAT much damage off the throw. Is it just because of counter mashing?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Yeah, I don't understand the CapCom 100% thing either.  I only do so so damage...

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its probably about 65% hardcore mashing, and 35% luck. (id say its ACTUALLY 100% hardcore mashing, but fuck me if i can do it every time.)

Best mashing advice i can give is to not neglect the stick. In fact, mashing is more in the stick than the buttons.

And with capcoms throw, you only have to mash until a certain point. (When capcom ends up just standing there flashing) then all you have to do is casually tap buttons until the throw ends.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

xpunch

man i was like wat da hells going on hahaha da mrs was like stop button bashing lol but man i need serious practize. ggs heb. thanks stereo will be keen to practise with the bois just send an inv and il try my best hahaha "I must train harder"

stereomonkey

No problem man.  Next time we have some training sessions.  If anyone else is interested send me a invite when i'm on and i'll try my best to help your game :)

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: xpunch on October 15, 2009, 07:32:36 PM
man i was like wat da hells going on hahaha da mrs was like stop button bashing lol

haha gangsta
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE runaway.

Go die in a fire lenny.

But seriously bro youre getting decent. HEAPS of rubbish execution on my part, but most of those matches wouldnt have gone much differently even if i was on point. ggs.

If you want some blackheart experience, have a few games with stu, his isnt bad. Id say its better than mine anyway. Youve kinda gotta get under the demons, around the AA assist, and then beast him in the rectum from below. Kind of like having sex with stu's mum, but translated into a 2d fighter.

And ive said it before and ill say it again. My sentinel is TERRIBLE. I should practice him, but id rather beast with dan/akuma.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

yeah thanks for the help today bro.

Im a man on a mission lol.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

ggs to Lenny, Heb, Flux and Barnstorm yesterday.

Seemed like we were jumping all over the place for games, lol.

Leo, I wanna try something out on your Sim (something you would probably hate) but I wanna see if it is unblockable. 

stereomonkey

Damn, where are you Lenny you teke.  I been playing around with Sim but I still havn't faced yours again >_<

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: stereomonkey on October 23, 2009, 04:33:13 PM
Damn, where are you Lenny you teke.  I been playing around with Sim but I still havn't faced yours again >_<
Random Sim tip that boosted my Sim :  Shortcut air tele, dp motion ENDING in uf or ub, get used to buffering it ALOT during gameplay, and if you do it too quick he lands their like a lost cunt and can be punished, depending oh how quick the player reacts.

You probably allready know but oh well fuck it, some one will be enlightened.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

Sorry boss.  Im talking about Marvel :D