• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

Online playing Marvel.  No mic still though :-\
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

stereomonkey

Again, online for Marvel.

B BOY DRAW2

Big shout out to xPunch!!!
mean all rounder basically and probably the most offensive and skilled Balrog I've ever seen or played against!!!
INSANE BALROG!!!

We been tryna get a match for about 2 weeks i think...?...but alas...no connection... :-[

...UNTIL TONIGHT!!!
Thanks for not giving up on getting a game bruv!!!

Awesome!!!
Amped for the next one bruv!!!

Peace,
D
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

xpunch

Shot for the games bro. Finally lol

Madd execution on the double flash into flash explosion. Sorry man, had to go, my daughter needed  her bottle  ;D

it il be good to get in more games sometime soon.  :)

B BOY DRAW2

Woooo...finally got a match with another NZism bro!!!

Props to Barnstorm NZ for the games tonight!!!

We had some sick games of SF4 tonight with his Dhalsim giving me a few too many high fives to the face than I would have liked...but it was dope!!!
Anyone who hasn't played him yet...should add this dude...
Farkin good games!!!

Barnstorm

Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on April 14, 2010, 09:30:06 PM
Woooo...finally got a match with another NZism bro!!!

Props to Barnstorm NZ for the games tonight!!!

We had some sick games of SF4 tonight with his Dhalsim giving me a few too many high fives to the face than I would have liked...but it was dope!!!
Anyone who hasn't played him yet...should add this dude...
Farkin good games!!!

that was mint last night
As a sim player i always get impatient when guile starts to turtle was some close games tho

I was cracking up at most of the other matches tho
the fact i kept missing a follow up to goukens back throw
then your sim whiff grab grab grab

i was a bit rusty tho i dont think i hit a single overhead swing to c.lk with balrog and i used to main him  :-[

B BOY DRAW2

haha...
"yoga...grab..grab..grab...(what the fuck am I doing!?)...urrrrgh...GOUKEN WINS!!!"

B BOY DRAW2

Yo xpunch...sorry I rage quitted on ya today...
I quit on you...but I was raging at my cousin who kept askin me what time we were going to eat while I was tryna concentrate on you serving me up a nice plate of "hm...hm...hm...hm...amateur" with your Gen...
So we had to gap before he turned hulk on me.

But seriously...I cant wait for Super bro!!!
LOBBIES!!!
;D

Peace

Lennysaurus

GG's to everyone over last couple of days!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Gg's all. First time using Makoto, and Jesus it was awful. Her movement/range isreally hard to get used to. And getting bodied by jays random ass Dudley was starting to get stupid. Mostly I've got no idea how to apply pressure with her safely/at all. Once I figure out how to do that properly, I can start incorporating her hayate cancels etc into my game,and I might actually start scraping some wins together. She's definitely a lot of fun though.   
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

I found it hard against Jays Dudley too.  No offence Jay but damn you throw out some randomness and then you always hit confirm into damage combo, lol on me XD.

Oh, and no longer using DeeJay Bill?  He seems such a lackluster character in this :(

fluxcore

Dudley just seems like one more char you just have to play lame against. Sit across screen. throw fireballs. longe range pokes.

Getting pretty sick of seeing so many matches where that is the best thing to do. It's like the only gameplay mechanic left is 'keepaway or die' for half the chars, and the other half are 'get in or die'.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

He's cool, and he's a really solid character, but he's just a little too conventional for me. I need to play characters that play differently to the rest of the cast. It's why I really enjoy fuerte. I didn't like sf4, like a lot of us. But when you play fuerte, it's like playing a totally different game. No boring ass poke poke block poke rubbish. He was the one character where you had to either go apeshit, or run the fuck away to win. You don't even walk or dash at all. You hab dash everywhere.

If you didn't like sf4, but had the patience to learn a character with a massive learning curve like fuerte, it made a game that wasn't really fun at all, quite enjoyable.

Similarly, it's why I kind of like mak/ibuki in super. (I'm gonna give hakan a solid whirl as well) Mak is really explosive. No walking, just really long/fast dashes. She's very much a "kill them or lose" character, and when the game engine promotes lame as all hell turtling, it's nice to see a character like that. She has good tools to counterpoke, and to get in through fireballs (her fadc through fireballs is hands down the most useful in the game, due to the length of her dash) so, while she's gonna be at a disadvantge against turtle characters, she can win with a bit of thought and timing, as opposed to the sf4, "just turtle better than the other guy" mantra.

Ibuki is cool because she is offensive akuma on steroids. Akuma is a lame character because he can cheese you out whether he's on offense or defense. I don't mind fighting the vortex. Block it right, and you can get out. My issue with akuma is he can vortex you, lose his momentum, and then escape the punishment easily, then run away for a bit in order to set up a saf offense behind his fireball pressure, and resume it. It's pretty lame. Given how strong this system is, Akuma should actually have LESS health to balance it out. Akumas low health only affects bad players. In the hands of any good akuma, it's not a hinderance at all. Ibuki on the other hand, has a wicked vortex, wtfawesome speed, low hp, but crappy defensive options. Her kunai is ok, but using it for runaway is pretty meh, and her dp trades or loses 90% of the time. Her best defensive option is to just try and beast the other guy. This is on the list of things Birry Wong approves of. It's a better offense than akuma, minus all his bullshit, and with a more difficult, but ultimately more justified learning curve.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

I think the Dudley matchup really depends alot on who you are playing as.

For Guy, I can't go to town pressuring him cause of the risk of him reversaling me and then putting me in bad mixup situations.  But I just can't runaway either, as dudley can close the gap fast, and I find myself cornered and on the end of unprotected, unconsenting, and brutal anal rape.

So I take a mid ground and out footsie him a little, and try to hold my ground.

But I could imagine characters like Akuma, Gief, T. Hawk, and someothers really going to town on him, getting inclose and smashing his dub english face in.

TBH I'm tending to like this more.  I think the footsie aspect can be quite fun, and I don't think the game is too turtley now with the new characters being like they are.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on May 04, 2010, 08:19:09 AM
Dudley just seems like one more char you just have to play lame against. Sit across screen. throw fireballs. longe range pokes.

Getting pretty sick of seeing so many matches where that is the best thing to do. It's like the only gameplay mechanic left is 'keepaway or die' for half the chars, and the other half are 'get in or die'.

In any game, 'keepaway or die' is lame for any character that can't do the same thing. With super, all the aggressive characters have better tools for getting around turtling lamers. It's hard, sure, but there's also more reward there for when you get in. It's like Rufus in vanilla. He was top tier, and he was fairly easy to keep out if you knew what you were doing. But when he DID get in, it was massive damage, and then wakeup shenanigans. If you didn't have something you could mash on to get him off you, you were at a massive disadvantge at this point. Sim for instance was one of rufus' worst matches, but we know that once you're in on sim, you can rape the yoga right off of his face.

Ain't nothing wrong with 'get in or die'. And lets not forget this also works on other 'get in or die' characters in ssf4, because they all hve pretty crap defense options.

I don't think the turtling in ssf4 is nearly as bad as vanilla personally. It's definitely still there, and still effective, but the changes across the board have given a lot of cast members higher reward for opening the turtles up. Instead of, 'oh they got a random hit in, I'll just keep turtling' it's more 'oh shit now they're in. I'm in trouble' you can't just uppercut them for a chunk of life and keep turtling anymore. Chances are if a character gets in on you and lands a decent combo, even if you go get them back off you, it's pobably been worth it from their perspective.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.