• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

In the xbox dashboard you change the locale to Australia, so in game when we search by same region we can find aussie games. Most of us makes games open to all so NZ flag players can join and then we just kick people not from NZ/Aus.

As soon as I realised I could change to Australia I could actually find rooms and been having heaps of ranked matches which is good.

B BOY DRAW2

For real!?

Faaaark...man...I can barely get any games...but I dunno if I wanna change to the Aus flag  :-\
I like reppin' NZ...

This is good to know though!!!  :)

Churr massi4h!!!
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

stereomonkey

ggs dudes i played, so much throws and I hate mirror matches :(

EDIT: Fuck I hate throws online and Dan too, just because I was to horha to chase that bastard.  Damn this game makes me bored sometimes -_-

Come back you Marvel players and play online again!!!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Well that was a helpful post....
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Ballzax

GGS The other night Massi4h Awesome Akuma and the rest ;)

waza

hey ggs massi4h not use to playing good akumas. The ones that jump away, firebal teleport repeat are everywhere...lol quite hard to mix up a good akuma with elf too ;D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

To be honest, half the game against Akuma with Fuerte should be spent running away. When you DO get momentum, dont go for basic splash/tortilla stuff, since he's just going to want to teleport out of it. The best way to mix him up is to pressure with safe slides, f.mk, and run -> stop -> j.hp. These are useful, particularly in the Akuma match because you get damage if they hit (obviously) as well as a further potential mixup/knockdown, theyre safe on block, but the best thing is you recover with shitloads of time to react and punish his teleport. Do this a few times to scare him into not teleporting, and then you can start doing your basic mixups the same way you would against other shotos.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Haha ggs you guys. Been having lots of fun online recently. And I gotta say Jack your Akuma is really solid now, been beasting us heaps, you should do well in Aus. Both you and Fong are awesome rushdown, I think that you should sit on your leads more often though. If you're winning and having a fireball war you don't have to rush them down just play defensive and time out if you have to. Akuma does have great runaway tools and remember to finish someone with EX Shoryuken rather than sweep and give them a chance to survive.

waza

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 17, 2010, 09:20:03 AM
To be honest, half the game against Akuma with Fuerte should be spent running away.
[/quote]

To be honest i find it hard spending the match running away all the time gets lame. But if thats what i need to do than so be it lol

Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on May 12, 2010, 02:55:38 PM
For real!?

Faaaark...man...I can barely get any games...but I dunno if I wanna change to the Aus flag  :-\
I like reppin' NZ...

This is good to know though!!!  :)

Churr massi4h!!!

i had the same problem but ended up switching to aus flag. Just add NZ to your gamer tag :D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: waza on May 17, 2010, 01:52:53 PM
To be honest i find it hard spending the match running away all the time gets lame. But if thats what i need to do than so be it lol

Bro, youre preaching to the choir here. I fucking HATE playing like that. Unfortunately its often Fuertes best option. A good akuma will pressure you, then try to counter your reaction, then vortex you a bit, and start the cycle again. Actually, a lot of our harder match ups are due to how easily pressured Fuerte is. In a lot of these situations, you need to play hit and run. Do a few mixups, then retreat, bait, and create an opening. When you get that opening, start the mixups. Rinse/repeat.

When i say half the match, i literally do mean HALF the match. Unless you have a massive life lead and just want to run the clock, running away the whole time isnt going to win you any matches. And as you say, its boring as fuck. If youre anything like me, youre playing fuerte because he is more fun than a greased up stripper on a bouncy castle. Just think of runaway as a tool to open up your opponent, so you can unleash the mexican okizime upon them. Means to an end, as it were.

But when youre fighting shithouse Akumas, (or good akumas who dont really know the matchup :P) by all means, knock them down, and then rape them. Brutally.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Orochi

Do you think that the lack of people on the NZ rooms is because... they've all changed to AU?

Barnstorm

Quote from: Orochi on May 17, 2010, 03:37:38 PM
Do you think that the lack of people on the NZ rooms is because... they've all changed to AU?

In my 4 days playin(over 3 weeks) ive come across the same 4 people every time

Orochi

Well maybe people should stop changing to AU then. There'd be more online for NZ.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Orochi on May 18, 2010, 01:00:15 PM
Well maybe people should stop changing to AU then. There'd be more online for NZ.

That is one of the dangers. IMO. The main reason in theory to stay with NZ is that the connection should be better. Skill with come with exposure.