• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Quote from: stereomonkey on May 25, 2010, 07:50:18 PM
Okay, so instead of being a serious post I should just edit all post to Birry Wong since this is the only contribution to the website.

I think i'm  over this place tbh.

Bro, and the most you've posted recently was a pic of a marital aid massage oil, lighten up.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Yup, that is the only post I have done this whole time.  Time to finiish on a high
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Barnstorm

Quote from: stereomonkey on May 25, 2010, 09:15:37 PM
Yup, that is the only post I have done this whole time.  Time to finiish on a high

Bro had sum ggs tonight wit u len and flux

marvel next time if you keen

fluxcore

ggs lads

especially lenny. blocking that kunai is so far eluding me. :(
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Orochi

Quote from: fluxcore on May 25, 2010, 11:43:24 PM
especially lenny. blocking that kunai is so far eluding me. :(

Fucking THIS.

Get hit by kunai, eat combo OR Block the Kunai forget to swap block... get hit from behind OR block kunai, switch blocking successfully, get hit by blockstring, return to blocking kunai

stereomonkey

:D  Kunai I can block.  Damn throws I cannot tech, lol.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

I found if I could block the kunai I was fine, but blocking the initial thing was my problem :(

I think I have throw techs pretty much down, at least online lol

DVS

Mason mentioned the other day that -you should block Ibuki even if she has thrown a cross up kunai.....

I think it is possible to block the character in one direction and not be hit from the other side.....the tactic is there to confuse you into blocking the wrong way.....

Is this the same for Dhalsims U1 > Teleport  cross up > super ? if you block in his direction I think you can block both......Lenny?  ???

I think you can also jab a kunai and knock it away......haven't tried it too much though.....fluked a kunai knock away the other day.....have to set it to training mode and she what results come out.....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

DVS

Oh BTW nice article in Game Console Flux & Lenny...those are some good tips for beginners....I gave it to my scrub flatmate to calm his lama down...he looks like a steaming kettle when he tries to take me on.... ;)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: DVS on May 26, 2010, 10:44:09 AM
Mason mentioned the other day that -you should block Ibuki even if she has thrown a cross up kunai.....

I think it is possible to block the character in one direction and not be hit from the other side.....the tactic is there to confuse you into blocking the wrong way.....

Is this the same for Dhalsims U1 > Teleport  cross up > super ? if you block in his direction I think you can block both......Lenny?  ???

I think you can also jab a kunai and knock it away......haven't tried it too much though.....fluked a kunai knock away the other day.....have to set it to training mode and she what results come out.....

I addressed this in the ibuki thread.

If she is already over you before the kunai hits, your character has been turned around, and you have to block on ibuki's side, because your character can only block in the direction he is facing. Same thing applys to dhalsims U1.

If she hasnt crossed you up before the kunai hits, then block the kunai, and adjust your block accordingly. NB: This doesnt mean she isnt going to cross you up. Its just a variation in the timing of the kunai.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

GG's Karizzma and BBoy.

Josh: Fuck, need more games against Hakan. You did a few things in there that had me going wtf? Man, i was lolling (with RAGE) when you ultra 1'd my adon on wakeup twice. Fuck that shit.

Its funny though. Watching your hakan, you can tell you play fuerte. The way you move has got that 'I want to come over there and smash the hell out of you' feel about it. Birry Wong approves.

BBoy: Your guile is real nice bro, but there were a few unsafe things that i noticed in your games. 90% of your flash kicks were really well placed, but there were a few in there that looked like you had a bit of an itchy trigger finger. The ONLY thing that i think is a big issue is that I see a lot of sweeps. Very rarely is guiles sweep a good idea, given that most characters can ultra/reversal him between the two hits. Unless youre going for a knockdown punish when you dont have charge, there isn't really a good reason to use guiles sweep, simply because it is so unsafe.

In all seriousness i reckon if you slow down a bit and keep your trigger finger off of the c.hk, your guile will become ridiculously effective. Its pretty fucking good now though, just a little unsafe.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

B BOY DRAW2

Faaaark...yeah I think I was just itchy in general aye bro...
I didn't think I was too bad on the C.HK  ???
...and it wasn't the C.HK that was giving me problems...but that ultra II kept catching me on wake up while I was doing my C.MK...that and I was getting too greedy when I got the knock down on you.

But yes...cheers for the advice man...I gotta keep my composure.

That Fuerte of yours is golden though man. I enjoyed watching him at APAC and it was good to get a game against you today!!!

See you online soon...I'll wear my sunnies next time lol  8)
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Haha nah the c.hk was doing fine in this instance. Its just a dangerous tool to be using from my experience facing various guiles.

Specifically to our matches, i dont think i need to tell you anything. I can tell you know where you were going wrong. TBH you played against my fuerte just fine. And besides the c.mk thing, you never made the same mistake twice, which always makes things more interesting.

Most of my observations were from the matches where i wasnt actually playing you.

I sound like a real condescending jerk, and i dont mean to be.

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

B BOY DRAW2

Nah man you're not condescending...you're seeing something I'm not. so I'll take the advice bruv...and I know you're right.

Karizzma just played way more safe than I thought he would...like no little empty jabs or anything to catch a flashy  :-\

I was sloppy...and he wasn't.
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

good games with my nigger - enzed the maori, your guy is coming along very nicely bro
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community