• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

GGs to xpunch yesterday, I was online hoping to get some tourney matches in when you sent me an invite. Is there any character you dont know how to play? Picking random characters and destroying my sim made me  :(.  Sorry I had to shoot off after only a few games, look forward to more ggs.

budafist

gg's last night Barnstorm :)

I dont think I'd really played you before.
was fucking lucky that you werent in my pool for the Tourny, haha.
It hard to figure who your main is, you're pretty good with heaps of characters. Your Sim makes me want to rage quit my life
with a rope and a chair.
and ya Rog is as 'sonofabitchhard' as any I've seen. I'm sure I could only beat Vega with Blanka as the matchup is in his favour.
But my Ken struggles against good Vegas.
I kinda wish you could turn blind select off sometimes. There was a few mathups I wanted to try but you would keep changing every round.

I think I need to learn a few more characters, and we both need to tech more throws ;)

The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

Barnstorm

ggs bro

if you played bison aswell you would play all characters i dislike
your blanka was frustrating to say the least
when we thought it was the tourny match i was stoked i beat your blanka first time only to get raped second match

teching throws is something i suck at i find i have to push it before i see it or it wont break online
ken was destroying me i kept guessing kara throw but never seemed to guess right

i also noticed you jumped a lot and how i didnt punish your jumps a lot
every time you jumped i was like why am i not punishing.
thats when i realised it was time for bed

good fun though and im still unsure how to deal with juri

xpunch

Quote from: Unbeliever on June 13, 2010, 10:22:40 AM
GGs to xpunch yesterday, I was online hoping to get some tourney matches in when you sent me an invite. Is there any character you dont know how to play? Picking random characters and destroying my sim made me  :(.  Sorry I had to shoot off after only a few games, look forward to more ggs.

ggs unbeliever your Sim is still solid az. all of our games were super close especially the Honda match, Sim mirror, my rusty Rog trying to get fit again lol, guile, chun, seth, ryu. But you did fully destroy my Fei, Abel and the rest of my rusty nut chars lolz. I havent used the other cast in ages and i was trying to see if i can play with some of them.

Focusing on Dudley was making me rage to much lol but picking him up is helping my game with the quater circle chars, since iv only been a charge back Balrog player lol.

xpunch

ggs iwickd - ur mak has improved heeeeeaps  bro, i had to pick ryu coz i wanted to see what mak was made of and brooooo lol shes one lil powerhouse, smashing me up big tyme  ;D. I had to keep moving and throwing out pokes just to make sure i survive lolz.

ggs swhEeEeEtneSs - your ryu and akuma were giving me a hard time and it was good to start playing Rog again, in the end that was a pretty long 20 or so games we had ggs. You should hit up smashbros they will help you learn the Balrog vs Akuma match up or pop down to the ranbats and feed your brain haha  ;D.

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: xpunch on June 16, 2010, 08:34:33 PM
ggs iwickd - ur mak has improved heeeeeaps  bro, i had to pick ryu coz i wanted to see what mak was made of and brooooo lol shes one lil powerhouse, smashing me up big tyme  ;D. I had to keep moving and throwing out pokes just to make sure i survive lolz.

ggs swhEeEeEtneSs - your ryu and akuma were giving me a hard time and it was good to start playing Rog again, in the end that was a pretty long 20 or so games we had ggs. You should hit up smashbros they will help you learn the Balrog vs Akuma match up or pop down to the ranbats and feed your brain haha  ;D.

ggs to xpunch, man i didn't even know you played ryu, chun and even dhalsim lol thanks for the beasting though lol each time i threw out a hayate and you blocked it, i kept tryna kara-karakusa but you kept poking me out of it haha maybe i should try ex kara-karakusa next time :)
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

GG's to Jay (wicked) and Mason last night.

Would like to say GG's to buda, but i kept DCing halfway through our games. Sorry bro, but just G's for you. My bad. Juri is a match i really need to learn. The range and angle of her pokes is bizarre, but awesome.

MASSIVE GG's to Rumble. Awesome Guile bro. Like i said to you, youre playing the fuerte match 90% correctly. The only thing that really lost if for you was that you repeated a few patterns.

Youre really solid on wakeup dude. I had to sacrifice a big chunk of my life bar early on in order to read you properly. Basic fuerte stuff wasnt working on you at all, which is nice to see.

Absolutely amazing use of air throw. The Boom -> airthrow pattern is a great tool to be using against fuerte, and you used it really REALLY well. You started to overuse the airthrow a bit though. Its kind of a 'use it a lot, but not too much' situation in guile vs fuerte. Its also best to use it after the boom, since the boom pretty much makes it a safe jump in for you against fuerte. Without the boom, if youre airthrow happy, it is an easy punish for fuerte with either EX guac or either Ultra.

That being said, baiting your airthrows was the only bait that actually worked against you. I didnt see ONE flash kick come out when I wanted it too, which is really impressive. Shows you have a really solid head game.

My only major critique was that you started to get a bit throw happy. air and ground. Admittedly, this is probably because i fail at teching. (If you watch the replay inputs, youll see me hit my throw tech, and then rage mash when the tech doesnt happen. :P) Otherwise you have a really really solid guile bro. (lack of sunglasses made me sad, but we can work on that.) Im looking forward to fighting you more.

The way youre approaching the match is perfect, it just needs to be polished a bit. Ill give you a few more games and im pretty sure youll be smashing my face in in no time.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

ggs to stu, lenny, mason and heb (if i actually got to play you)

marvel was so much fun last night

lenny your iron man is so good now i was trying my best to never get hit by him since it was almost always a dead character

massi4h

GGs to Barnstorm and Stu at Marvel last night. Team MAS is just too beast. And I did like 3 reps of the ROM cause I'm awesome. And those constant ROM fails to reset were awesome as well.

And ggs to Bill, Wicked, James and QuadrupleOG in SSF4. That damn fattymans scrub was making me rage hard... He was like me with gimmicks * 10. He could do most of the fancy stuff (AA demon, kara throw, even tatsu to sweep) but he had virtually no fundamentals. And mashed so many DPs even without 2 bars.

electric

Quote from: massi4h on June 22, 2010, 11:57:54 AMHe could do most of the fancy stuff (AA demon, kara throw, even tatsu to sweep) but he had virtually no fundamentals. And mashed so many DPs even without 2 bars.

Sounds like MY Akuma :/
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

JackSmash

Quote from: massi4h on June 22, 2010, 11:57:54 AM
That damn fattymans scrub was making me rage hard... He was like me with gimmicks * 10. He could do most of the fancy stuff (AA demon, kara throw, even tatsu to sweep) but he had virtually no fundamentals. And mashed so many DPs even without 2 bars.

Man i think ive played someone JUST like that...............................

IR U IM B IL E

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 21, 2010, 07:22:50 PM
MASSIVE GG's to Rumble. Awesome Guile bro. Like i said to you, youre playing the fuerte match 90% correctly. The only thing that really lost if for you was that you repeated a few patterns.

Youre really solid on wakeup dude. I had to sacrifice a big chunk of my life bar early on in order to read you properly. Basic fuerte stuff wasnt working on you at all, which is nice to see.

Absolutely amazing use of air throw. The Boom -> airthrow pattern is a great tool to be using against fuerte, and you used it really REALLY well. You started to overuse the airthrow a bit though. Its kind of a 'use it a lot, but not too much' situation in guile vs fuerte. Its also best to use it after the boom, since the boom pretty much makes it a safe jump in for you against fuerte. Without the boom, if youre airthrow happy, it is an easy punish for fuerte with either EX guac or either Ultra.

That being said, baiting your airthrows was the only bait that actually worked against you. I didnt see ONE flash kick come out when I wanted it too, which is really impressive. Shows you have a really solid head game.

My only major critique was that you started to get a bit throw happy. air and ground. Admittedly, this is probably because i fail at teching. (If you watch the replay inputs, youll see me hit my throw tech, and then rage mash when the tech doesnt happen. :P) Otherwise you have a really really solid guile bro. (lack of sunglasses made me sad, but we can work on that.) Im looking forward to fighting you more.

The way youre approaching the match is perfect, it just needs to be polished a bit. Ill give you a few more games and im pretty sure youll be smashing my face in in no time.

Cheers mate. It doesn't help that you're the only good fuerte I've come across. Reading about the matchup and trying to apply it in a real match just doesn't work with fuerte. You really have to experience his wakeup shenanigans first hand.

Yeah I tried to revolve my game around air throws. I would try and watch for your wall jump and air throw you out of it and I'd either come out with a j.lk or you'd short jump and I'd miss you completely.

Your wake up game is awesome. I'd be close to dizzy and either standing, crouching, b-dashing, jumping etc, you got me most of the time. Definitely a matchup I need more game time with.

As for the sunnies, I'll be incorporating that into my repertoire as of now.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: IR U IM B IL E on June 22, 2010, 01:58:53 PM
Cheers mate. It doesn't help that you're the only good fuerte I've come across. Reading about the matchup and trying to apply it in a real match just doesn't work with fuerte. You really have to experience his wakeup shenanigans first hand.

Yeah I tried to revolve my game around air throws. I would try and watch for your wall jump and air throw you out of it and I'd either come out with a j.lk or you'd short jump and I'd miss you completely.

Your wake up game is awesome. I'd be close to dizzy and either standing, crouching, b-dashing, jumping etc, you got me most of the time. Definitely a matchup I need more game time with.

As for the sunnies, I'll be incorporating that into my repertoire as of now.

You are now an S-tier Guile. Congratulations.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

JackSmash

GGs bois. Shit Alan your Claw is awesome!

Sorry B Boy, i had to shoot off. :( till next time.

fluxcore

Quote from: JackSmash on June 22, 2010, 09:21:56 PM
GGs bois. Shit Alan your Claw is awesome!

lol, it was better than that a few weeks ago (before I got red dead redemption)! ggs though yeah, good to play against your akuma (I've never played against akuma before) and Juri is a bit of a wakeup call :/
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness