• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Shout outs to my xbox that died :'(
pringles

Skullator

That sucks Sol.. getting it fixed?

GG's Flash and iWicked, dinner time bbl.
Yes I do need a mic, can anyone link me the wireless set which is the business? like on trade me or whatever? Couldn't spot one when I looked

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Xbox-360/Xbox-360-Wireless-Headset/1520778/

Dont buy it from mightyape though. Youll be able to find one for shitloads less than the $80 they want to charge you.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open for a deal then

IR U IM B IL E

ggs to jack, fong & tommyharmonic.

in terms of execution, i wish i could play like that in a tournament match...

sonic... HURRICANE!!!

strat-wise, still have work to do dammit.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

Loomie

Quote from: zosla on August 17, 2010, 08:47:14 AM
GGS to Euan, martinizel , Jonemode? and JanusNZ.

Those were some good matches! although I wasn't able to give any of you guys a good challenge lol. Zosla I swear your ryu could pass for a daigo ryu haha.

budafist

ggs scribble, martinizzle, wick3d, fearless.

sorry I keep leaving abruptly, but when the missus jumps on the computer its lag times all round :(

Martinizzle: good sim. I think the blanka,sim matchup just frustrates the shit out of us both. close games tho. I think I only get wins coz my j.hp goes thru your godlike anti-airs.

I wont be on for a while though everybody. my rabbit ate through my ex2 cord mid game with Fearless Newbie :(  Im also saving for a holiday, so no new stick for me.
maybe I'll rock the pad if I get real desperate
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

Rorooze

bro just wire that shit back up?

budafist

Quote from: Rorooze on August 18, 2010, 07:24:12 PM
bro just wire that shit back up?

do I look like MacGuyver to you?

its got about 10 bites all the way down the wire.

Rorooze

i'm sure we could work something out! We could probably strip an old USB cable to replace the one tofu chewed through :P

fluxcore

yeah not a hard operation at all for some kindly soul to do
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

Quote from: Loomie on August 18, 2010, 06:33:29 PM
Those were some good matches! although I wasn't able to give any of you guys a good challenge lol. Zosla I swear your ryu could pass for a daigo ryu haha.

no where need as good as him... lol.
much to learn for me.
Hope i can get some practice in b4 the tourny.. been way too busy at work and RL...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

IR U IM B IL E

GGs martinizzle and Wicked.

Jay, close match as always bro. I hate playing your boxer.

Martinizzle, great set. I get alot of sim practice with my bro and you two play very similar except for the fact that you incorporate alot of jump/air teleports/drills into your game which was good for me to try and figure out and get used to.

Alot of guile mirrors last night. Bloody hate them..  >:(
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

budafist

Alot of guile mirrors last night. Bloody hate them..  >:(
[/quote]

Guile Mirror is the best drinking game. everytime you hear "sonic boom" you have a shot.  You'll be trashed in 2 rounds.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

GG's TommyHarmonic. Jesus there was a fair bit of fail on my part. I spent most of the last few games trying to bait jumps/air fireballs/demon flips, and i DID, but then i just sat there and didnt do anything about it. XD *cough* i blame online. Im way to awesome to have it ACTUALLY be me making some kind of 'mistake'. :P

Anyway,

If youre using rose, her backdash is a really effective tool against Fuerte's gimmicks. It will get you out of everything besides a meaty slide, a late splash and an OS J.hp -> whatever. Also, fuck her hitbox. Seriously. Now i understand why i find her so frustrating when i play Hydro. Half my shit whiffs because she's too fucking small.

As for Akuma, best to avoid ground hurricane for the most part. If i wasnt shithouse theyre pretty easily punished. And watch your jump ins/demon flips. I was sitting there waiting for them quite a few times, but failed at most of the punishes. They can be nasty if youre playing against people who DONT fail at the punishes.

Im not sure how much of it was online (And how much of it was me just NOT BLOCKING :P), but youre really good at fishing for those counter hits. If you start hit confirming that shit youll be scoring all kinds of damage all over the show. Your AA normal game is also really strong. You were tagging me with shit that most Akuma players havent even thought to use against me before. Rose and Akuma are good character choices for how you play. I also think you would do really well with Cody, if you ever get bored of those two.

Youve shown some massive improvement since you started. When youre playing solid, youre playing really strong. The only thing i think you need to take care with is that you still play with an element of unsafe randomness. (eg. the ground hurricanes with Akuma, and the random soul throws with rose.) It didnt come up all that often to be fair, but i can see it being pretty dangerous for you. I would know, given that i do the exact same thing.

GG's again dude. Looking forward to having some more.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.