• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommyHarmonical

Hey thanks Birry Wong,
Its great to get some good feedback/advice. Think Ill keep working akuma for the time being. I love rose but her ultra2 just pisses me off. Just waste my super meter with it. I used to use ryu a lot but QuadrupleOg's guile just owns me now supers here. He got a bunch of new tricks and ryu lost a couple. Had his number in vanilla but now just owned! And as id say 90% of my sf career has been me vs him I had to make a change. It def. is helping my game playing all u nzism studs as of late although I do seem to be crying myself to sleep every night because of the rapeage Im receiving.
Your El Farty is sooo annoying, although I can only respect your skill. So hard to remember to black your cross-up overhead slam! Even if I remember its a hard reaction. I love the habenero slide sweep when I teleport! Nice trick. Seems theres plenty of matchup particulars that I have got to get to grips with yet.
Will try and work on my random hurricanes and demon flips, I think a lot of it is me not knowing whats coming and getting nervous so I try to get the jump on ya rather than wait for the rush-downs.
Thanks to everyone else thats been patient enough to play w me as well. Hopefully I get there.
And Rumble, your Guile is a whole different story! Man I HATE him! lol. You do have an original guile style tho. props
Oh and Budafist, I got a real nice soldering iron and have soldered quite a few sticks in my time so if you can get a new cord ill be happy to fix it for ya

IR U IM B IL E

Quote from: TommyHarmonical on August 26, 2010, 03:21:29 PM
Thanks to everyone else thats been patient enough to play w me as well. Hopefully I get there.
And Rumble, your Guile is a whole different story! Man I HATE him! lol. You do have an original guile style tho. props

Cheers bro. I like to be a bit more aggressive than your average Guile.

GG's. Will be on tonight if you wanna spar some more  :)
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

scribble

Quote from: IR U IM B IL E on August 26, 2010, 06:05:50 PM
Cheers bro. I like to be a bit more aggressive than your average Guile.

GG's. Will be on tonight if you wanna spar some more  :)

I'll be keen for some games!
GGs TommyHarmonic, Uman, Wick3d and Rorooze over the last couple days. Apologies to anyone who has had to play my shitty Ibuki, been tryna learn her and I'm not doing so well haha. Sorry for the voice chat debacle btw tommy. Tried to write a msg and accidently invited you to chat hahaha.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: scribble on August 26, 2010, 06:17:25 PM
I'll be keen for some games!
GGs TommyHarmonic, Uman, Wick3d and Rorooze over the last couple days. Apologies to anyone who has had to play my shitty Ibuki, been tryna learn her and I'm not doing so well haha. Sorry for the voice chat debacle btw tommy. Tried to write a msg and accidently invited you to chat hahaha.

You bastard. IM learning ibuki dammit.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

it was nice to get a chance to play you 2day scrible
i think you should have won that match since i dont know ibuki very well i think if you just did the target combo with the launch i would have lost easily (might be lp,mp,mk,hk sj. kunai)

scribble

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on August 26, 2010, 06:19:05 PM
You bastard. IM learning ibuki dammit.

again? that blows. my bad :(. my track record at sticking to characters, makoto aside, is pretty bad tho so it may not last long :-\

Quote from: Barnstorm on August 26, 2010, 10:57:04 PM
it was nice to get a chance to play you 2day scrible
i think you should have won that match since i dont know ibuki very well i think if you just did the target combo with the launch i would have lost easily (might be lp,mp,mk,hk sj. kunai)

Yea we should do endless sometime :D. I think the problem atm is that, I, quite possibly, know less about her than you lol, but hopefully that will change soon since I wanna have a go at maining her. Especially if Mak gets no love from capcom on arcade release and if R.Mika doesn't make it in, and or sucks, also if I can get passed my horrible execution :-\.

GGs Rumble bro. Very close and intense matches! I was so happy to scrape those couple of wins from your beast Guile after that massive winstreak you had lol. Thank god for mk slide under booms ;D

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

IR U IM B IL E

Quote from: scribble on August 27, 2010, 02:20:51 AM
GGs Rumble bro. Very close and intense matches! I was so happy to scrape those couple of wins from your beast Guile after that massive winstreak you had lol. Thank god for mk slide under booms ;D

Yeah ggs and to tommyharmonic. Nice kunai crossups you got going there scribble.

I was discouraged from learning seth last night but realised i still have heaps to learn. Every time I watch a Poongko Seth vid I think "Sweet! Easy enough, i can DO IT!"

But then i dont do it.   :'(
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I dont think you need to be super good with execution for ibuki. The SJC shit might take some time to get down, (im having a bit of trouble getting the SJC command run consistently) but most of her stuff is fairly easy oustide of that lk blade kicks -> s.lp -> s.mk -> EX blade kicks combo that i cant seem to fucking get. >_>

But fuck shes awesome against non-mashers. One hit = 100% life rapetrain if theyre just sitting there trying to block. But against scrubs youre DP food. :(

And to keep my post on topic: GG's to U-man yesterday. Enjoy the Fijizzle.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

ggs to you too bill , was heaps of fun , your ibuki coming along nicely !!!!!

off to the airport in a hour , see you all when im back g's
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

stereomonkey

Have a good time over in Fiji Euan
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

TommyHarmonical

a special thanks to scribbles and rumble for the games last night.
Cheers for all the tips scribs, would have liked to reply to all of them but msging on my stick really tests my patience. especially when i get halfway thru 1 and i get a chat invite! lol! jj
takin on board tho.
Loved how u beat finally beat rumble just before he hit the 20 mark! thought it would of been funny if we spent the first round w both of us just taunting him! That would have taught him for being soo good w his combos!haha
thanks guys, would have takin more but the flattie wanted me to eat tea. peace

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

GG's tonight to Buda and Terrormove.

Ibuki will get there. Im still pretty fucking scrub with her though. Im finding it difficult learning a character that isnt fuerte. I find i technically 'play' a lot better with Ibuki. I download a lot better, rather than being like "MY GIMMICKS NO WORK? TIME FOR FLASHY INFINITE PRESSURE RUSHDOWN"

Terror: Your Bison is coming along nicely. A couple of things i noticed lost you quite a few rounds against buda.

Firstly, your use of Focus attacks. There were a few times i saw you use them when you were right up close. This has its pros and cons, but i think what you did wrong was you held them too long, and got punished for it. Bison has a really good FA, but if youre holding it too long, then its begging to be punished. Try and learn how long it takes for bison to JUST get to level 2 (when he flashes white) and in most cases, this is the most you will want to hold it for. Not ALL cases, but this is a good start point to get you used to using it properly. Additionally, be careful when using it as an anti air. A similar rule applys for the most part. Just remember that with Bison, his standing HK is really really fucking awesome at damn near everything.

The other thing i think you need to watch out for is your use of his devils reverse. Not so much that you were using it wrong, but that you were overusing it a bit.

You got pretty dangerous at points with your scissor kick pressure (In a good way), so good shit there. Once you start hit confirming stuff properly of of your c.lk's and c.lp's etc, youll be dealing a shit ton more damage, and your bison will be godlike. And yes, i do realise i look like a bit of a twit giving you advice when my ibuki blows as much ass as she does. But dammit, i might suck, but when it comes to dropping random knowledge bombs, BIRRY WONG is always on point.

And fuck you buda. Despite the fact that the following had absolutely nothing to do with you and everything to do with my own shortcomings.

Budafist: *Throws Fireball*

Bill: "Oh boy, a fireball! Time to ultra!" *Does Ultra command*

*Ibuki's EX anti air comes out because Bill's execution seems to have bottomed out at fuckturd level. -> Ibuki eats fireball and loses round*

Bill: *Renews WoW subscription*

General thing that is not directed to anyone in particular:

I feel i need to give a tip to the newer players who only seem to experience this game online. Be REALLY careful with your Jabs. I see a lot of people mashing them after a blockstring/blocked focus/on wakeup. DONT DO IT. It will work online because of lag, but that shit will get you killed offline. It screams out "DRAGON PUNCH ME!!" Honestly, 90% of the time, youre better off blocking and looking for the tech or an opportunity to punish with something more damaging than 3 jabs. (Although teching online is pretty lol at the best of times)
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

IR U IM B IL E

GGs to maori athlete.

Cool boxer and Dudley. That combo you did with Dud where you used up your whole super bar was especially cool.