• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

Thanks for popping my SSF4 online cherry Rumble! Lol.

I have no idea (obviously) whats going on in this game. So different to ST. I can't tell if i've even blocked a hit most of the time
as there's flashes of light everywhere! Is all that necessary? Haha. Fuck. And who was that cunt that could do everyone's moves?
And this game seems SO combo heavy. :(

Lucky Lenny explained some stuff to me yesterday about what ex/ultra combos/focus-whatever-the-fucks/and-so-on are or i would
have been COMPLETELY screwed. And the amount of times i tried to throw with mp !! Lololol

Maybe i should stick to trying to learn the simple ST (and HDR) first. Haha.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

SF4 is simple, but it LOOKS flashier. Honestly, ST and HDR are much more difficullt in terms of both links and distancing. Your footsies have to be a lot better, whereas SSF4 has a lot of room for error.

SSF4 is one of the easiest fighting games out there, but if you learn it before ST/HDR, it will ruin your ST/HDR game, whereas if you get reasonably good at ST/HDR, it translates over to SSF4 a lot better than the other way around.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

IR U IM B IL E

Hehe sorry about that CaptainHook.

Hope I didnt discourage you from playing SSF4. SF4 is the first SF game I got into and it took me a long while to get used to it. So hope you keep at it.

Quote from: CaptainHook on September 04, 2010, 03:10:01 PM
And who was that cunt that could do everyone's moves?

Yeah im trying to learn him. He really is a nuisance if you're not familiar with his moves.

GGs.

Oh and are you thinking of maining Guile? Good choice!  ;D
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

CaptainHook

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on September 04, 2010, 03:57:56 PM
SSF4 is one of the easiest fighting games out there, but if you learn it before ST/HDR, it will ruin your ST/HDR game, whereas if you get reasonably good at ST/HDR, it translates over to SSF4 a lot better than the other way around.

Yeah, that's what everyone says. Although i haven't played any other fighting games yet so my only reference is about 2 months of ST. :P

Quote from: IR U IM B IL E on September 04, 2010, 04:26:36 PM
Hope I didnt discourage you from playing SSF4. SF4 is the first SF game I got into and it took me a long while to get used to it. So hope you keep at it.

Haha, na. But i think i'd rather concentrate on ST first at least. There seems like a billion matchups to learn in SSF4 and i've
barely learnt any in ST yet.

Quote from: IR U IM B IL E on September 04, 2010, 04:26:36 PM
Oh and are you thinking of maining Guile? Good choice!  ;D

Probably as it's who i'm trying to learn in ST. He seems like he's got a bit of a disadvantage to the more popular characters in ST but
i like him the most so far. Although i haven't really looked at anyone else yet. (in ST or SSF4)

One other question, how do i invite you to a game in SSF4 on xbox? I tried to do it but the option was grayed out so i just
sent you a message instead (after i somehow wound up playing some random first, haha).

SO much to learn.

massi4h

Gotta create a game first then it should be alright to invite people. If you don't want randoms joining your room (ie playing with just friends) then you can set all the slots to private. You can invite people to a party (which it helps to have a mic) which basicly groups you all together making it easier to invite everyone in the party to a game.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

You trying to learn Seth? He's mean as to play ay, heaps of bad as combos and shit. I like doing 30 something hit ex combos, looks fucking badas. I just hate his shitty health man, you get owned reaaaall quick. Not as bad as in Vanilla though. I remember in Vanilla i was perfecting a Sagat, then the Sagat random ultra and throw me and i died lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

Yeah Seth's health will really piss off beginners trying to learn SSF4. Easier to start with someone like Guile, Ryu, Balrog or Rufus imo.

CaptainHook

Quote from: massi4h on September 04, 2010, 09:58:26 PM
Gotta create a game first then it should be alright to invite people. If you don't want randoms joining your room (ie playing with just friends) then you can set all the slots to private. You can invite people to a party (which it helps to have a mic) which basicly groups you all together making it easier to invite everyone in the party to a game.

Ahh thanks bro!

Warning, rant ahead. Hehehe.

Lenny if ya reading this, this is a perfect example of microsoft not thinking like human beings.  ;D ;D ???
In my opinion this is the way it SHOULD work:

I select a friend that's online, choose an option that says i want to play a game with them, then get
presented a list of games we both have (or have chosen to allow friends to see in prefs) and select a
game to invite that person to (we should also be able to ask the other person if they'd like to change games
at any point - you know, like you would do in real life. Hehe.) But no, that makes too much fucking sense
to some programmer out there that probably thought, "to make this code efficient, the user creates/starts a game
and invites someone to it - simple".

The problem with that is it's completely ass backwards to most peoples thought process! Especially a new user.
I also thought that when i started SSF4 and saw a message that Rumble was on playing, i should have been
able to press the xbox button as the logo with his name next to is was on screen, bring up his profile immediately
and invite him to play together. Can i do this? Or would that make using a microsoft product too natural and
intuitive?  :D

Okay, enough complaining. Just gonna try learn the games now. Hehe.
And if you can do any of the stuff i moaned about, let me know and i'll apologize for being a newb.
Gotta go work from 10am till 10pm now. Yay.

fluxcore

You go into the game, create a lobby, invite however many people you want. Pretty simple. It's a game-centric approach as opposed to a person-centric approach, because in general you'd rather play a particular game with whoever rather than any game with one person.

And since I know you're an Apple user, I wouldn't be so smug - I have a huge list of gripes about their interfaces too.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

I'm pretty sure everything you're complaining about can already be done :D

When you look at someone on your friends list you select "compare games" to see what games they have. You can invite them to a party and ask them what they want to play or whatever (Can get up to 8 in a party). You have to first make a game like everything nowadays that is not GGPO. If Rumble is in a game with a free slot you can go on his name and select "join session in progress" or else if you've already made a game you can select "invite player to game."

Pretty happy with the layout tbh.

IR U IM B IL E

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on September 05, 2010, 04:29:43 AM
You trying to learn Seth? He's mean as to play ay, heaps of bad as combos and shit. I like doing 30 something hit ex combos, looks fucking badas. I just hate his shitty health man, you get owned reaaaall quick. Not as bad as in Vanilla though. I remember in Vanilla i was perfecting a Sagat, then the Sagat random ultra and throw me and i died lol.

He's awesome. I've dished out how many perfects with him it's not funny. But also have had alot more games where i JUST lost cos of his shit health. Still, he's hella fun to play.

As for the xbox live layout, its just easier to 1st create a lobby like Mason said and invite from there. Prolly just need a bit more time with it then you'll have it sussed.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on September 05, 2010, 09:25:40 AM
Yeah Seth's health will really piss off beginners trying to learn SSF4. Easier to start with someone like Guile, Ryu, Balrog or Rufus imo.
LOL scrubrog and scrubfus for sure.

But that new dude not playing him, it was rumble.

I remember 'bagsing' him just before i unlocked him on vanilla. I thought i sucked, kept losing with the godlike boss char, then i noticed 'oh shit! His health gets raped!' and 'Fuck, that mean as combo took off shit'. Nothing like his arcade counterpart.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CaptainHook

Quote from: fluxcore on September 05, 2010, 09:55:56 AM
You go into the game, create a lobby, invite however many people you want. Pretty simple.

You're a programmer aren't you? Heheheehehe.

It's a game-centric approach as opposed to a person-centric approach, because in general you'd rather play a particular game with whoever rather than any game with one person.

Yeah, that's my problem with it. I paid for xbox gold to play PEOPLE online. I already got games.
Now i want to invite friends to my house to play those games. Xbox live SHOULD be person centric. (IMHO)
I don't want to play randoms. Maybe every now and then but still..

And since I know you're an Apple user, I wouldn't be so smug - I have a huge list of gripes about their interfaces too.

Lol, you'll notice i didn't say apple is better. Although i do *like* it a lot more.
But everything i'm talking about is just personal preference.

Quote from: massi4h on September 05, 2010, 10:03:05 AM
I'm pretty sure everything you're complaining about can already be done :D

When you look at someone on your friends list you select "compare games" to see what games they have. You can invite them to a party and ask them what they want to play or whatever (Can get up to 8 in a party).

Oh cool, thanks. :)

Can you invite someone instantly when you start a game and it says they're playing it?
I assumed that's why that message comes up, as a "hey, your friend is playing that too, press this now
invite them to play together!" - would be cool if you could.

Quote from: massi4h on September 05, 2010, 10:03:05 AM
Pretty happy with the layout tbh.

I was happy with a lot of microsoft things for 8 years until i used something else and realized i had
just learnt to think backwards like them. Heheheheh.

I'm just joking around tho, thanks for the help! I do appreciate it.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

Yeah you instantly invite them when you've made a game first. It's like going to the arcade and standing outside and complaining that you can't challenge your friend yet. You actually have to put your coin in and start playing before he can join.