• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

WWBWD?

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullator

GG's jpb, hook and Jack just before.

Sucks you're on a pad atm jpb, did you have a stick while you were on PC, or keyboard legend? lol. Hope you can get a stick sussed soon.

Good to play you hook, some real smart defensive play with the guile I noticed, don't be afraid to take the odd risk though (Not easy considering who you were playing, but gotta say screw that sometimes :p )

Jack, good set as always man. That Ken of yours is looking real sharp.

JackSmash

Whats all this GGs business? When did i vs anyone?

Skullator

About an hour or two ago somebody on smashbros1 account was playing Ken, Akuma, Sagat, Ryu + Juri so I guessed it was you lol

CaptainHook

GGs Skull! Good to play you too!
Sorry i came into your game like that, i saw you online and tried to invite you to a game and somehow
ended up in your match with someone else and thought, fuck it. Might as well see what happens. :P

Quote from: Skullator on September 28, 2010, 10:48:19 PM
Good to play you hook, some real smart defensive play with the guile I noticed,

I think you might have that confused with my "holy fuck, i don't know what's going on so i'll just block and hope for the best"
technique which i mixed up with my usual "who the hell is this character now and what does she do? Makato or something?
Block and run, block and run!!!".

LOLOLOLOL.

Quote from: Skullator on September 28, 2010, 10:48:19 PM
don't be afraid to take the odd risk though (Not easy considering who you were playing, but gotta say screw that sometimes :p )

Playing the game at all is a risk really. :P
All the spacing is so foreign to me that half the time i think someone's jump is gonna land on me so
i cr.hp and they don't even hit me and i completely miss them and get punished. Haha. All this talk about
ST crossing over to SSF4 is prob for people that have also played other fighting games. I've found ST waaaaay
easier to pick up the basics of the normals/spacing than SSF4 so far.

I am of course clinically retarded so that may be a factor. :D

That other person was Jack? If so, thanks for the smashing! Hehe. :)
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Skullator

Lol you seem be getting a pretty good grasp of the fundamentals.. and you have a big head start over loads of ppl as I noticed you didn't just throw out a single random guess flash kick or anything.. which means you are learning correctly lol.
If you are at least enjoying it a bit thus far.. keep at it. It all clicks into place before too long.. fundamentals come first... specifics of your character second.. matchup knowledge and tricks third.

And yeah on second thought, that was definitely Jack before I don't know what he's playing at lol. I know his Akuma style well enough now to say it was him lol, that dam fierce punch -> Demon throw rofl.

jpb123

GG Skullator

I had a stick on PC but its PS2/PS3/PC but I ordered a 360 one and that should come next week some time ( I hope )

pad sucks trying to do c.jabx2 into guys target combo is a pain and finishing with a EX is annoying.

I am loving ryus U2 I dont no why people dont use it often, Am getting crazy comeback hits with it.

Adon is pretty good. Love his evil laugh!

Also I hate chun now. standing strong is gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
NERF

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CaptainHook on September 28, 2010, 11:41:01 PM
I think you might have that confused with my "holy fuck, i don't know what's going on so i'll just block and hope for the best"
technique which i mixed up with my usual "who the hell is this character now and what does she do? Makato or something?
Block and run, block and run!!!".

TBH bro it sounds like youve got the gist of guile. XD His game develops further when you get to the point of "Oh, THATS whats going on. Punishment time." Youre setting yourself up for improvement, which is a MAJOR plus.

A lot of new players dont block when theyre under pressure, they just mash and hope to god something hits. The fact that youre being patient and blocking tells me that youre most definitely on the right track. Blocking is GOOD. Especially in SF4.

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Blocking is hard in this game. I hate playing chars where you have to block alot. That's why i gave up on Guile and Sim. My brains too drug/bourbino fucked.

I got owned by Imags Mak just then cos was mashing the shit outta c lk with Mbis.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CaptainHook

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on September 29, 2010, 12:57:59 AM
TBH bro it sounds like youve got the gist of guile. XD His game develops further when you get to the point of "Oh, THATS whats going on. Punishment time." Youre setting yourself up for improvement, which is a MAJOR plus.

A lot of new players dont block when theyre under pressure, they just mash and hope to god something hits. The fact that youre being patient and blocking tells me that youre most definitely on the right track. Blocking is GOOD. Especially in SF4.

Ah okay. I keep getting punished for it tho cause i just get thrown and i'm not sure how to best use that option select thing
cause it means i'm kicking until it techs so i'm obviously not blocking like i want to be. In ST it seems like i can
tech later in the throw. Or maybe i just recognize the throw animations easier in that game. :P

CaptainHook

Quote from: Skullator on September 28, 2010, 11:46:34 PMI noticed you didn't just throw out a single random guess flash kick or anything.. which means you are learning correctly lol.

The first time i played someone online (Rumble) i did. Just go back a page or two in this thread. Hehehe.
Then the kind people here told me Guiles FK is balls in this game. Fuck is it ever! I think he takes about an hour to recover from it too.

I still can't believe that Guile only has two special moves, and they fucked one of them. So he really has one. :(

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah but that ONE owns and is completely broken hahahaha.

But yeah if you got two ex you can FK and cancel, it's a good way to use your stock too. That's what i save it for anyway cos like i said - 'i hatte blocking' lmao.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

CaptainHook

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on September 29, 2010, 08:36:41 AM
Yeah but that ONE owns and is completely broken hahahaha.

Sonic boom? Does it?

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on September 29, 2010, 08:36:41 AM
But yeah if you got two ex you can FK and cancel, it's a good way to use your stock too.

Can you only cancel FK if you have two ex bars? Is that why i couldn't do it yesterday..  :-\
Use your stock? What does that mean?

Skullator

Yeah every EX cancel costs 2 bars.
When he says use your stock he just means a good way to spend your meter. Along with the odd EX boom of course.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Damn Skull beat me too it.

And fuck yeah SB is broken as shit. He can throw SB's all fucking day, and there aint a god damn thing you can do about it.

Worst matchup for me Bison.

CaptainHook

Ah, did not know. So wait, is a focus attack an EX move? Or are you saying if you cancel an EX FK it costs, but
a normal FK it doesn't? Or is just canceling what makes it an EX move? Lol. RTFM aye.

Funny, fighting bison on ST is DEATH for me as guile. :P