• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Normal focus attack doesn't cost meter (standing at mid range, press the two buttons)

EX focus attack costs two bars (a special or a normal, cancelled into focus attack - try do a sonic boom followed quickly by pressing focus - it'll take two bars and cancel the recovery of your sonic boom)
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Rorooze

Quote from: CaptainHook on September 29, 2010, 08:21:25 AM
Ah okay. I keep getting punished for it tho cause i just get thrown and i'm not sure how to best use that option select thing
cause it means i'm kicking until it techs so i'm obviously not blocking like i want to be. In ST it seems like i can
tech later in the throw. Or maybe i just recognize the throw animations easier in that game. :P

I think in SSF4 throws have three frames of start up, so if you're playing on NZ internet you probably have at least 30-50ms of delay (around 3-4 frames) so it's not surprising you don't feel you can react to throws when playing online.

I wouldn't worry to much about missing tech throws online, if someone is tick throwing you lots and lots then use the crouching option select otherwise don't bother cause if you mash it in offline games or against people that know you're doing it, you'll get punished. As long as you know when it's worth abusing then you're ok!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

What these tards are calling an EX cancel is what is commonly called an FADC. (Focus Attack Dash Cancel) As the name would suggest, you cancel your move by using a focus attack, and then cancel the focus attack by dashing.

ie. Sonic boom -> focus attack -> dash, but you do it all within the space of about 1/3 of a second.

Costs 2 meters.

Anyway, FADC applications for guile are fairly limited.

You can Flash kick -> FADC -> Ultra 2 for an OK bit of damage. You can also FADC a sonic boom with a forward dash to help with your pressure (Although guile can just follow his lp sonic boom anyway since it moves so slow) Guile also has some cool corner combos when you cancel his EX sonic boom into a lvl2 focus attack (ie. no dash)

The BEST application of it with guile is defensively. Say for instance, youre being rushed down by someone. You have 2 meters. What this means is that you can flash kick through the pressure, and if its blocked, you can FADC your flash kick with a backwards dash, and be safe. It gives you the option of throwing out a random flash kick, but signifacantly reduces the risk of it. The same thing applys to anyone with a DP. This is really REALLY useful.

The flash kick FADC will become something you use quite regularly, whereas the other 2 will be pretty infrequent. Dont go out of your way to learn it though. It is REALLY useful, and you definitely SHOULD learn it at some point, but at this stage youre better off concentrating on your fundamentals.

And yea. Lol @ teching online. I still cant do it. Im not great at doing it irl though either. XD
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CaptainHook

Quote from: Rorooze on September 29, 2010, 11:02:21 AM
As long as you know when it's worth abusing then you're ok!

I am not ok.

Hehehe.

Thanks for the help guys. And for the translation Bill. You speak clinically retarded well as
i could understand that post easily. :D
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on September 29, 2010, 12:25:54 PM
What these tards are calling an EX cancel is what is commonly called an FADC. (Focus Attack Dash Cancel) As the name would suggest, you cancel your move by using a focus attack, and then cancel the focus attack by dashing.

ie. Sonic boom -> focus attack -> dash, but you do it all within the space of about 1/3 of a second.

Costs 2 meters.

Anyway, FADC applications for guile are fairly limited.

You can Flash kick -> FADC -> Ultra 2 for an OK bit of damage. You can also FADC a sonic boom with a forward dash to help with your pressure (Although guile can just follow his lp sonic boom anyway since it moves so slow) Guile also has some cool corner combos when you cancel his EX sonic boom into a lvl2 focus attack (ie. no dash)

The BEST application of it with guile is defensively. Say for instance, youre being rushed down by someone. You have 2 meters. What this means is that you can flash kick through the pressure, and if its blocked, you can FADC your flash kick with a backwards dash, and be safe. It gives you the option of throwing out a random flash kick, but signifacantly reduces the risk of it. The same thing applys to anyone with a DP. This is really REALLY useful.

The flash kick FADC will become something you use quite regularly, whereas the other 2 will be pretty infrequent. Dont go out of your way to learn it though. It is REALLY useful, and you definitely SHOULD learn it at some point, but at this stage youre better off concentrating on your fundamentals.

And yea. Lol @ teching online. I still cant do it. Im not great at doing it irl though either. XD

Even if it hit's you fadc'ing it though anyway , just to clear it up. Unless you have gdlk reaction. You HAVE to follow through with it. Not like Kens/Akuma DP.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea good point weazzy. Youve got to COMMIT to the FADC flash kick.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

FK >> FADCC >> SH :)
thats ALL u need~~~ hohohoho
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Nah jakkk, prcharge SB and C HP i all you need to know lol.. Throw in a back air throw to get outta corners and your good to go .
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Loomie

Quote from: Rorooze on September 26, 2010, 11:50:11 PM
GG's earlier Loomie :O I have NFI what to do against gen. Ugh.

Yeah ggs hope you didn't get too bored of me :P sorry for the late reply. I generally find it hard when someone is rushing me down so do that more! no time to charge an oga or anything. Also if you know which way to block a falling kick it is really hard for me too, it's not as ambiguous as you might think just depends which wall I bounce off initially - wall behind me means block forward, wall infront (or behind you) is block back.. at least I think it is don't quote me on that xD. alternatively you could just dash, but if you block it you can punish gen hard!

Nick4now

Just bait out Loomie's air kicks and WAIT for the second kick to come out then punish  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CaptainHook

Thanks for the help and games scribble. Sorry if i got impatient waiting between rounds. That fucking game takes too long to get into the fight
as it is and i knew i was running out of time with how much longer i could play. :P I keep FK'ing every time i think you're gonna FA cause i know
it breaks it, but it leads to too many random ones. And i'm slowly getting used to pushing the buttons for throwing so sorry for the last few
games where i kept trying to just walk up and throw most of the time. :P

IR U IM B IL E

GGs to KingGoyGoy and also Jack and Scribble from a few nights back.

Haha still finding out there are more characters that Seths Ultra 2 on wake up doesnt work on.

I really need to go into training mode to find out but I cant be stuffed. The suprise element is fun though..
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

CaptainHook

Quote from: IR U IM B IL E on October 08, 2010, 10:32:18 AM
I really need to go into training mode to find out but I cant be stuffed.

Scribble keeps telling me to practice in training mode or find a character i actually like but i can't be stuffed either!! Hhaahaha.
Plus, i don't have much free time so when i do actually get a chance to get on the xbox, i want to play other people.

zos'la

playing other people is always good.
Only go into training mode when u really fail on something really badly, eg when I first started I had trouble with SRK FADC Ultra on P1 side.... So when I got my PC version of SF4 I went into practice mode to get it right as I know that its a win or lose depending on me getting it in or missing it during battle.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

If you wanna find a character, I think watching videos is the best way if there's no one you straight up think is awesome. No way you'd realise how niggas like Cammy and Bison are played from just doing training mode shit.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA